• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 Zanardi Value?? JH4NA2120XT000134

Re: 1999 Zanardi Value??

Arata said:
What is the value of a 1999 Zanardi? 33000 miles excellent condition.
Does a Zanardi command a premium price??

This sounds like the Zanardi #8 at Glendale Mitsu again...

Do a search on the threads about Zanardi #8 in this forum for your adjusted value.

Who want to put money on when the #8 will become a permanent landmark for Glendale Mitsubishi?

3 months and counting.

Arata said:
What is the value of a 1999 Zanardi? 33000 miles excellent condition.
So, do you want the value of a 1999 Zanardi with 33K miles in excellent condition? Or the value of the 1999 Zanardi with 33K miles at Glendale Mitsubishi? Two different questions, two different answers. :D

JH4NA2120XT000134 - Zanardi #8

nsxtasy said:
So, do you want the value of a 1999 Zanardi with 33K miles in excellent condition? Or the value of the 1999 Zanardi with 33K miles at Glendale Mitsubishi? Two different questions, two different answers. :D

I was there at the Glendale Mitsu yesterday after running my errands, hoping to put this one in my garage. Needless to say I was rather disappointed. The cosmetic condition of that #8 is just......well....sigh......sadd-- to say the very least. Panel gap between the right door and right fender is at least 4 mm wider at the top than the rest. Deep scratches down to the primer/bare metal here and there. 3mm wide rock chip near the left (engine) side air intake. 1 1/2 inch wide round-golf ball dent on rear bumper. Bondo work/bad paint job on lower edge of rear left 1/4 panel. Antenna retracts 2/3 way and the base is seriously damaged/chipped. Interior shows more accelerated wear NOT congruent with the mileage, Door A/C side vents broken on both sides. Significant rusts visible on brake rotors (normal) and calipers (NOT normal). Paint on certain areas *almost* matches the rest of the car. And there's a few more flaws I can't recall at the moment....

But despite the rather unusual (a bit unhealthy) engine sound at idle, the car seemed to run fine as I drove through city streets and fwy for 10 miles or so. It's got a different ring to it (engine sound-wise) from inside the cockpit, cruising or WOT, as compared to the #50. It seems...much quieter....Handling feel is different--front tires are NOT OEM and PROBABLY not corner-specific--Yoko A022's I recall--, so it's not as sharp and go kart-like as the Z50, and the car exhibits too much body roll for a Zanardi.

Personally, I won't touch the car with a 10 ft pole, not with their asking price of $54K :eek:, almost out of factory warranty range, and not having a certified NSX mechanic inspect the car first.

Anyone care to get a carfax on this vehicle?

Last edited:
Carfax was ran previously in another thread. It was a former leased vehicle. Glendale Mitsu picked it up at an auction. Clean title.

That's right. I ran both carfax and autotrack and it was a previously lease vehicle. I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother to drive it.

Taj said:
That's right. I ran both carfax and autotrack and it was a previously lease vehicle. I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother to drive it.
There's nothing wrong with a car just because it was leased.

However, this particular car has some significant problems having nothing to do with its previous financing.

You Zanardi watchers. There was one traded in at Plaza Porsche in St. Louis very recently. They gave 50k trade in value. The car had 5000 or so miles on it stock, babied, stored correctly. ect.ect.
This car was clean. So if you were looking for the car in the barn, though the price will most likely be more. See if they still have it.
I don't have their phone.
Len

len3.8 said:
You Zanardi watchers. There was one traded in at Plaza Porsche in St. Louis very recently. ... The car had 5000 or so miles on it stock, babied, stored correctly. ect.ect.
Was this the one you talked about some time back?

Hmmm.....

len3.8 said:
Yep, he traded it in on a GT3.
Len
I called them and they already sold it. You don't want to hear what they got for it. :eek:

Yes I do. What did they get? I wouldn't be surprised if they got 60-65k. It was that clean.
Len

len3.8 said:
Yes I do. What did they get?
Len, I PM'd you on the sale price. I don't want to steal some thunder from someone who might be another forum member that might want to anounce their proud new baby themselves. I'll give them a day or so to anounce it.:p

Are you referring to this proud owner??

i just got a 99 zanardi #20 w 5500 miles. BRAND NEW CONDITION. clean carfax all keys books records. i wanted to give my fellow nsx primers a chance at this car before i aggressivley market it. ill take the first offer over 61k. keep in mind the car is brand new it doesnt even have chips in the front. car is absolutley flawless. its located in chicago right now call me 312 217 0353.

KGP. that supports my undersanding of the deal and the wishful selling information from Plaza. Also maybe download doesn't know that this car was offered up already on this forum.
He is absolutely right on the condition of the car. It is very clean, like new. It was driven very little, but correctly when driven.
Len

Last edited:
SJS, I agree it should have stayed in town. The seller was quite, I'll say unique. Okay very iffy, I am Iam not. I posted before that it was available to any serious buyers and that I would only forward the tele # to a serious person. I believe nimbus was the only one at the time interested, he subsequently found one equally as clean. I decided that I didn't want 2, KGP wasn't sure either. Though both of us would probably jump at a chance now.
He didn't want to sell it to me and have me flip it. He would rather trade it in. As if they were going to keep it.
Len

sjs said:
Too bad it couldn't stay in town. :(
Six of us St. Louisans toss in 10K each, and it stays in town! Hey, I'll even let it stay in my garage! I will even have a sign made that says NSX Zanardi museum with all the owners names:p

Back