• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New info on Lambo doors, and vid on a different car

GQ NSX

Registered Member
I purposely posted this new thread, because I think this is relevant and post-worthy information. Without further ado, here it goes!

I was on some other message forums, and found a link where the "decah kit" is going to be building a bolt on application specifically for the NSX. I am in the process of contacting the site about the release date, so I'll post when I get the response.
Here is the site: http://www.carexcess.com/decah.html

One more bit of confusion that we had is how the door actually closes. In the older thread, someone said that the door goes all the way down, then closes like a regular horizontal swivel door. That's absolutely how it works! The assembly on this door in the video seems to be decent, but to have to stabilize it on the way up and down seems to make it not worth it. For what it's worth, here is the video:

High Bandwidth (1.7mb)

Low Bandwidth (406kb)

Thanks guys, post if you have any comments or questions.

ravi

no doubt it's a cool mod for the nsx but i'll wait to see some reliability reports.....

i'll need to make sure it doesn't flex/stress any parts over time and also alignment problems (leaks). i hate to have it adjusted regularly to prevent leaks and other problems.

if it can prove itself worthy, the price is certainly very impressive.

What's the purpose if 1) you need two actions to close the door and 2) the access opening is, at least from my point of view, smaller when the door is open? Yes, it looks nifty; but, if it's only for looks and is not practical or convenient doesn't that make it 'ricey'?

Yeh personally two actions to me is one too many. I wish there would be a way to have the door close shut in one instance, but since the NSX and other regular doors weren't designed with that in mind, I think this is the only way that it will work.

I guess this is one mod I won't be doing, unless they can make it so that you don't have to lift the door to close it.

Regards

ravi

It looked and sounded like he pushed a button to hold the door in the upright postion just before he walked away.

if they make a nsx door like the koenisegg, that would be awesome.

I loved the idea till I saw the video!

Are all like these excluding OEM ones ?

Blue Knight said:
if they make a nsx door like the koenisegg, that would be awesome.

Now that is engineering genious!! DROOOL! Of course, that would be pattent infringement since the Koenisegg is under all sorts of legal protection. Hell, I honestly don't have a full understanding of how it works. Guess I could pull the pattent.

Back