• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

question on Quite mode - unfamiliar noises

Hey Everyone,

I have my new-to-me 2017 and love it and have really grown on using the quite mode when I leave in the morning to not piss off the neighbours as well as in parking garages (at work multi tier with corners). when driving with the windows down, there are very subtle gronks and what sound like mechanized sounds, particularly when steering. My question having never owned a "dead quite" car before, are subtle mechanical noises normal? you never hear them when the engine is running or the radio on, so I am guessing it is just the emotors and the rack/suspension making normal operating sounds but wondering if other owners have noticed this too.

thx fellow NSX NC1 owners (and master tech) - I'm loving the car and just am curious,,,:cool:

thx in advance.

Kevin K

Hard to understand what kind of noise you are describing but some subtle mechanical and electrical noises seem to be normal . I’ll try to listen while turning the wheel

Thx - its very subtle so windows down is almost mandatory to hear it - an engine definitely masks it and it sounds mechanical (normal) as you could expect from a electrified drivetrain and steering rack -

KK

lucky,

there are definitely some odd very weak sounds when you drive in Quiet, especially with the windows down. They are normal.

I believe you can read about them in the owners handbook as well.

Dont worry, keep on driving, be happy!

Backing out of my garage I hear groans and moans (no I haven't run anyone over yet!) especially if I turn the wheel.

A bit un-nerving at first.

Back