• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changes for the 2021 NSX, if so what?

Changes for the 2021 NSX, if so what?

• Total voters
You guys are still talking ICE improvements. I love the ICE platform as much as anyone here but ya'll need to wake up and look around. The future is EV. It's simply a more efficient platform to do a car's main job - to move human bodies around from place to place.

Whatever is in store for 2021 - very excited to see the changes!

We think the biggest importance is how you market the car. Acura only has to look to Chevy and how they unveiled the new Corvette :)

Acura should stress what is important here:

Hybrid power similar to only a select few cars on the market
Engine is by Cosworth
Increase power to over 650hp to really get people to take notice (it's not the car really needs it but more for bragging rights)

Removing the hybrid powerplant or adding a manual tranny are dreams but never going to happen

Please offer a Type-R version!

The C8 started first and foremost with the price. You can forgive a lot of faults for a starting price of $60k. Though, I don't think it has a lot of faults, which makes it even more incredible. My one tiny gripe was reusing that old pushrod... they fixed that this week and introduced a Flat Plane Twin Turbo. I particularly think the C8's execution and overall offering is incredible.

Last edited:
I have marked it..............so marked..

depends ...the cost of production is repayed by sales plus the many intangible benefits that are hard to put a price on.....since the ice motors are outsourced and expensive maybe we see the future as increasing parts sharing or bringing ice back to honda i.e. more cost conscious measures ala GM to continue the car as a low production boutique type product..

Last edited:
You guys are still talking ICE improvements. I love the ICE platform as much as anyone here but ya'll need to wake up and look around. The future is EV. It's simply a more efficient platform to do a car's main job - to move human bodies around from place to place.

Could not not agree more. Anyone who thinks the NSX (or any supercar, for that matter) is going to decrease EV power and technology and implementation....has white chest hair. Wake up and smell the future, people.

And to that end, please read this article, comparing the sales and comments of the Gen-1 car, with those of the Gen-2 car. The article is entitled: All the Haters are Wrong: The New Acura NSX is Just Like the Original NSX.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/new-nsx-vs-old-nsx/

And to that end, please read this article, comparing the sales and comments of the Gen-1 car, with those of the Gen-2 car. The article is entitled: All the Haters are Wrong: The New Acura NSX is Just Like the Original NSX.

OK, I read it. I thought it was dopey.

He says "When the 1991 model debuted, there were a litany
of complaints that sound eerily familiar to the protesting
about today's car" and then cites a bunch of reviews--
most of which are not from 1991, but rather from 1994-2002.

He says "The modern NSX will be just as revered in the
future as the original one is now, ..." As if he knows the future.

OK, I read it. I thought it was dopey.

He says "When the 1991 model debuted, there were a litany
of complaints that sound eerily familiar to the protesting
about today's car" and then cites a bunch of reviews--
most of which are not from 1991, but rather from 1994-2002.

He says "The modern NSX will be just as revered in the
future as the original one is now, ..." As if he knows the future.

I don’t know about revered but prices would likely hold, increase in the future with such low production.

Could not not agree more. Anyone who thinks the NSX (or any supercar, for that matter) is going to decrease EV power and technology and implementation....has white chest hair. Wake up and smell the future, people.

Sorry, but this article is utter nonsense.

I've read more articles from when the original NSX debuted than probably anyone - and they were almost universally positive from the serious sources who did a full road test or comparison test. For instance, Motor Trend called it the "best sports car ever built," full stop. On the contrary, reviews of the new car have been lukewarm on average - it's appreciated, but nobody is singing its praises like the original, and plenty of reviewers are less kind than that.

As for production numbers, Acura sold over 3,000 original NSX in the first model year, in the USA alone. Current sales of the new NSX, @ 3 years into its product cycle, are close to being lower than the original NSX ever was, even in its lowest selling year (2001, or 10 years after debut).

Last edited:
I know what I voted for...
new-acura-nsx-vs-old-nsx.gif

I know what I voted for...
new-acura-nsx-vs-old-nsx.gif

That looks pretty great Vf!

I love the way it appears to lower the front edge of the hood. Also cleans it up a bunch with only minimal blacked out plastic.

I still think you are right about the weakness of the "hanging headlights" design. Plus its been done before by Audi though they seem to be getting away from it on the 2019 R8.

I also think the lights are pushed too far to the edges.

That animated GIF is pretty cool! Amazing how subtle changes can really change the feel and look of the car.

We'd wager however that in your "modified" design the car looks more Lambo like and less Acura.....

That animated GIF is pretty cool! Amazing how subtle changes can really change the feel and look of the car.

We'd wager however that in your "modified" design the car looks more Lambo like and less Acura.....

Fair enough.

However, does anybody think the Lambos fronts don't look great?

Perhaps Lambo like is better than Audi like?

I will agree with the Lambo-like comment, but that seems to be inevitable since Italian supercars have better branding than a "soft spoken" Japanese supercar, considering all the mistaken identities of first glance looks on the road for the first gen NSX, and I'm sure 2nd gen also. It would be nice to hear more about what 2nd gen owners experience over the next few/many years on the road as compared to first gen reactions on the road.

However, I don't ever think the new Mid Engine Corvette will ever be mistaken for a Ferrari or Lambo. So I get why some people want the NSX to sell more... But I don't see that happening ever either, so like I said before, the momentum is loss maybe in the 2nd generation now especially. Unless Honda were to specifically target Ferrari or Lambo beating benchmarks like the GTR did with Porsche, it's not going to gain more notoriety among the general public - which I think (like many others) is more important than selling Corvette annual numbers.

I'd be interested to see the new Acura front end on the upcoming NSX mid model redesign rendered in various angles for fun, because that is most likely going to happen before anything else...

acura_legend_rendering_1558726996_615x307.jpg

Someone did a Legend coupe render. So expect something like that maybe for the refresh. Acura emblem size needs to be toned down maybe, but also perhaps Acura needs to be a bit more flamboyant so that size may be acceptable haha.

79-Best-Review-Acura-Legend-2020-Concept-by-Acura-Legend-2020.jpg

There have been attempts online already actually.

Last edited:
acura_legend_rendering_1558726996_615x307.jpg

Someone did a Legend coupe render. So expect something like that maybe for the refresh. Acura emblem size needs to be toned down maybe, but also perhaps Acura needs to be a bit more flamboyant so that size may be acceptable haha.

79-Best-Review-Acura-Legend-2020-Concept-by-Acura-Legend-2020.jpg

There have been attempts online already actually.

I actually like the new "superman" grill. Its unique and bold and even sporty.

However, I really do hope that Acura will not use this on the NSX. It would represent a major step backward in terms of exotic-ness.

Plus, how would they handle the grill for the Honda versions?

Doesn't seem to be the way to go.

I would much rather something like Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Apparently Chevy would too.

I thin the biggest takeaway is that the front bumper needs to be one body color. The homogeneous look is simpler and more elegant versus the two tone trend that has mutated in the wrong ways.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time..........

egg tooth

Back