• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car and Driver Lightning Lap 2019 - Zanardi

What a neat collection of cars.....and yes, nice to see an old nsx in the mix. Although, back in 1999 I bet no would guess that someday a Zanardi would be put head to head with a Camry on a track. :)

Fun article, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I spoke to a Honda employee and he said #41 was in really bad shape at one point. I believe it was in an accident and they were ready to part out the engine but a few people pushed to get it restored, so glad it didn't end up in the crusher. Thanks for sharing!

A friend at work sent me the article and then I saw the video here.

Cool stuff.

I want to say Honda/Acura has brought #41 to a NSXPO or two before. Definitely 2014 in Ohio.

Great point.

It got beat by a Jeep Grand Cherokee too.

I wonder, what does Stuntman think it should have done at Lightning Lap?

He maybe too busy with the shelby gt500....:wink:

So a supercharged, lightened NSX is as fast as a Hyundai...

Probably could have gotten a better time wearing better rubber.

Great point.

It got beat by a Jeep Grand Cherokee too.

I wonder, what does Stuntman think it should have done at Lightning Lap?

Uhh, calling these cars "a Hyundai" and "a Jeep Grand Cherokee" is the same as when people simplify the NSX to "a Honda."

The Hyundai Veloster N Performance is one of the best hot hatches on sale, with 275 horsepower and competing against the Civic Type R.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is a factory tuned SUV with 707 horsepower.

Both benefit from 30-years more development knowhow than the NSX had when it was developed in the late '80s. To compete against these cars at all is pretty amazing.

Back