• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sound choices

Thanks for the links, Ryan! I've been looking for a CarPlay wireless adapter because I don't always want to plug in and have my phone constantly charging. The replacement horn might be a worthwhile investment too!

Thanks for the links, Ryan! I've been looking for a CarPlay wireless adapter because I don't always want to plug in and have my phone constantly charging. The replacement horn might be a worthwhile investment too!

If you get this thing, let us know if it actually works. Sure they list "Acura 2017-2020" in there, but a lot of other Acura models got updated infotainment in 2017 and the NSX did not - I believe it's the last product in the lineup still running the last generation infotainment (other than possibly the RLX). So the NSX may be an exception to that support.

I would be thrilled to be pleasantly surprised, though!

Ordered both items.

I'll provide an update once I get the wireless carplay2air installed.

Ordered both items.

I'll provide an update once I get the wireless carplay2air installed.

Did you get the CarPlay2Air version for factory CarPlay units, or did you order the cheaper CarPlay2Air version for Android head units? I was wondering if the latter would work since our NSXs support both CarPlay and Android Auto. From the review pictures and the description on the website, it looks like the Android head unit version works for iPhones to provide CarPlay. I just wonder if there would be a performance difference or if you have to install an app on the head unit first.

I picked up the version for factory carplay. I didn't even look at the Android version. Apple snobbery. :)

I sent a couple of questions to CarPlay2Air about the cheaper version that works with Andoid head units, and they said that you have to install an app on your head unit in order for the CarPlay functionality to work. So the more expensive one made for factory CarPlay head units is better since it's supposed to be just plug-and-play.

I just ordered one too. I did find a discount code for 10% off (10NOW)

Thanks again for finding this. After you posted it, I read a lot of reviews on the CarPlay2Air versus the CarLinkIt one on Amazon. It seems like there's a lot more positive feedback on the CarPlay2Air on the various other car forums out there. Make sure that you do check for firmware upgrades. It looks like some of the older firmware versions did have some bugs that caused some connectivity and sound issues.

I purchased CarPlay2Air about a month ago. I've tried it in my own vehicle (2019 ILX) as well as just about every model EXCEPT the NSX. The only model I was simply unable to get it to work on as the 2019+ RDX. It was a bit of a pain to setup but it does in fact work once you get it all setup right.

I'm actually selling mine as I did not realize it will not work with an apple watch or any other bluetooth device being connected to your phone so that meant it was a no go for me. If anyone wants one for a few bucks off and don't want to wait for shipping from China with this whole Corona crap going on just PM me.

Unpacked CarPlay2Air, started the car, unplugged the Apple USB wire, plugged in the CarPlay2Air, car detects device as a Apple Carplay device, CarPlay2Air screen pops up and displays a Bluetooth device name, connect your iPhone to that Bluetooth device. Wireless Apple CarPlay. I was able to use all the Apple CarPlay features that I normally use - including making and receiving calls.

Works like a charm.

This coming Monday the airhorn arrives. Hoping that install goes as seamless as this.

That's great news, Ryan! Did you first remove your NSX's bluetooth connection to your iPhone? I read somewhere that CarPlay2Air recommended to first remove your phone from the car's bluetooth device list before setting up the CarPlay2Air in order to prevent the car from connecting to the phone over bluetooth during the setup process.

CarPlay2Air has worked well on the NC1.

I finally made time to install the SOS air horn kit - it’s a blast. I’m no longer embarrassed to use the horn.

I just received my CarPlay2Air. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Was it pretty easy to install the horn?

I just received my CarPlay2Air. I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Was it pretty easy to install the horn?

Good luck with CarPlay2Air; I hope your experience is as seamless as mine.

The Air horn kit is very nice and the installation is easy even if the installation guide isn't as detailed as I'd want; SOS does want some feedback on improving the guide. Most of my time was spent on (1) the hood latch (measuring and remeasuring to ensure I return it to the same height and alignment); (2) returning the rear battery tie down stud that came off when I redid the step to attach the fuse holder to it; and (3) not having a 10mm wrench (my 10mm ratchet was too big to use on one of the bolts on the hood latch and the positive terminal. SOS provides two smaller nuts so you can sandwich their air horn harness positive ring terminal. I didn't remove the OEM horn.

Sounds like the air horn required some extra wires and was not exactly plug and play? What was the take away with dealing with the hood latch. I can understand the need to get it back into position. Did you mark it with a felt tipped pen or tape? So this horn requires its own power source? Can you post the instructions here by chance. Thanks,Manny

Sounds like the air horn required some extra wires and was not exactly plug and play? What was the take away with dealing with the hood latch. I can understand the need to get it back into position. Did you mark it with a felt tipped pen or tape? So this horn requires its own power source? Can you post the instructions here by chance. Thanks,Manny

The kit is nicely packaged with a wire harness. You do not need any additional wires. It is plug and play. I’ll attach some pictures later tonight that’ll give you an idea about the latch.

Great pictures. You the Man! It looks like the flat bracket pushes the lock mechanism closer to the front. I am assuming that did not make latching a problem? Your comments are very helpful and appear a lot more detailed then what was included. I am now awaiting delivery. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Ryan for all the info on the air horn. I may get one too.

I got my CarPlay2Air up and running. It seems to work okay, but I’ve noticed that when I get back into the car, it seems to pull up Spotify even if I don’t have it open. I’ll have to play with it more to see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Thanks Ryan for all the info on the air horn. I may get one too.

I got my CarPlay2Air up and running. It seems to work okay, but I’ve noticed that when I get back into the car, it seems to pull up Spotify even if I don’t have it open. I’ll have to play with it more to see if I can figure out what’s going on.

I don't use Spotify and I am grasping at straws here, but the music automatically playing may be addressed by these tips; https://osxdaily.com/2017/07/29/stop-autoplaying-music-iphone-car-bluetooth/

My CarPlay2Air automatically resumes playing the Podcast or music (Pandora or Prime) where it left off when I return to the car. I’ll play around with various settings to see if there is a difference in Apple CarPlay behavior with and without CarPlay2Air.

Hey Ryan,

Have you noticed that phone calls going through the CarPlay2Air sound tinny? I've only done one phone call so far with the CarPlay2Air, so I'm not sure if the tinny experience was simply due to a cell site issue. However, previous normal Bluetooth phone calls weren't that way. I can't remember how a wired CarPlay phone call sounded, so I'll have to do more investigation.

Have you noticed that phone calls going through the CarPlay2Air sound tinny?

No, I would describe all of my calls thru CarPlay2Air as “normal”. When I get a chance, I’ll conduct some back-to-back test calls to see if I notice a difference between CarPlay2Air, Apple CarPlay, and Bluetooth.

Back