• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st gen nsx shifter

Not looking for a shift knob im looking for a whole shifter assembly (where the shifter cables run to)

What are you trying to accomplish? Describe your goal and maybe we can offer some suggestions.

Do you mean something like this? (scroll down to 5th photo in the link) Please note this car has a K-Series swap.
https://thenaritadogfight.com/2019/09/08/feature-amir-bentatou-the-rs-future-k20-nsx/

dsc_5987.jpg

Last edited:
My mind is spinning a bit around how a shifter could cause the passenger seat to catch fire, regardless of how bad-ass it is; but, that is my problem. Why not consider replacement with the original style shift mechanism. It is not obvious what the advantages of construction from a billet would be. CNC fabrication from a billet is usually reserved for low production items when the quantity cannot justify other production methods. I haven't heard of any broken shift mechanisms so the OEM shifter would appear to be plenty strong enough for normal people. There are options for getting a shorter throw if that is what you want.

Some pics would be nice: is the "badass system" a stereo array of amps and such?

Honda does a fair amount of parts bin engineering. You can likely adapt another shifter cable model to your NSX....which might work just fine. Maybe something like a 90's Accord...

The native NSX shifter isn't prohibitive in price and was the design mark for 2005 Ford GT's development team.

Badass indeed....

“Badass system” as sound system sorry about that, not sure how but it looks like he has an equalizer or something lodged in between the passenger seat and console witch caught fire.

Not looking at a billet shifter for the performance end but as im on a short budget, i found these off brand billet shifters for $199 shipped but their only sourced for rsx, honda civic and accord etc but not the nsx, im thinking that i would have to flip the billet shifter but im not to sure if it has a reverse lock out and if it does is it possible for me to tweak the billet shifter to be able to flip that lock out onto the right end or are they just straight 1way or noway types of deal (the billet shifter im looking at is the k-tuned for rsx but as it is off brand it has the same mechanics but no logo)

Thanks for explaining your goal and what are trying to achieve. It gives us a better chance to help you out.

Firstly, glad to hear the fire stoped at the passenger seat and center console. Hopefully it is just localized to that small area.

I'm not sure if shifter plate from another car will work considering the transmission location.

How badly is the damage? Perhaps the metal parts are okay and you just need to rebuild it? Maybe you can replace just the bushings and plastic bits since you are on a budget.

Please share a photo so we can review the damage.

95e0c6326485eccfac13121ec3d9dee5.gif

By the way, try using www.acurapartsforless.com and promo code 5NSX for a discount. Not sure if the code still works, but give it a shot.

Back