• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Timing Belt Done NYC area

Hello all, I have had a low mileage NSX for a few years now and it is time for it to receive new belt. I have read a lot of accolades about Larry however after multiple attempts in finding him to no avail I will need some collective knowledge from NSXPrime. I read Daisy Auto is a good place but its nearly 300 miles from me. Anyone have a closer reliable source to send it to?
Thank you and regards to all.

Thank you docJohn I will give them a shout and see if they can accommodate. There are many Acura dealers near me I just feel they have less knowledge than I do when it comes to gen 1.

Hello all, I have had a low mileage NSX for a few years now and it is time for it to receive new belt. I have read a lot of accolades about Larry however after multiple attempts in finding him to no avail I will need some collective knowledge from NSXPrime. I read Daisy Auto is a good place but its nearly 300 miles from me. Anyone have a closer reliable source to send it to?

The mighty LarryB is retired from doing NSX service, sadly. A really good option for you might be Mitch at Mechanics Direct in CT. Mitch is one of the few factory-trained NSX techs left who is still servicing the car. A lot of the NE guys use him, especially when Larry was backed up.

The mighty LarryB is retired from doing NSX service, sadly. A really good option for you might be Mitch at Mechanics Direct in CT. Mitch is one of the few factory-trained NSX techs left who is still servicing the car. A lot of the NE guys use him, especially when Larry was backed up.

When did LarryB retire? The NE lost two great sources for NSX repairs.

over a year ago.....

over a year ago.....

So there really is not much a need for NSXPrime anymore. With two of the best resources for the NSX community now retired, and with less of the old guard posting, the neighborhood is starting to change.

So there really is not much a need for NSXPrime anymore. With two of the best resources for the NSX community now retired, and with less of the old guard posting, the neighborhood is starting to change.

We're trying to bring it back. Hopefully Lud will get back to us soon.

>the neighborhood is starting to change.

Time will do that, especially 25-30 years.

This happened to the Mustang Community in the 80's.

My 1965 Mustang was born before I was and now I'm an "expert". Well, at least in theory... Used to have to drive out and meet people at events and look for parts in the Recycler and then we had a ListServ (w00t!).

Last edited:
Change

After I bitched I noticed now there is more and more adverts than is worth my time to come here than to fish through them To try and try and get help and info when ai can get help from a certain site in the UK.
Just an observation.

Cheers
nigel

To answer the OP's question, try GT Japanese Automotive in Edison, NJ. The current owner Kuhn has done my NSX and a friend's NSX. He is a very very good mechanic who respects the car, and their prices are fair.

He did my timing belt a while back and my worked on my buddy's car (ABS Conversion), so he is quite skilled.

To answer the OP's question, try GT Japanese Automotive in Edison, NJ. The current owner Kuhn has done my NSX and a friend's NSX. He is a very very good mechanic who respects the car, and their prices are fair.

He did my timing belt a while back and my worked on my buddy's car (ABS Conversion), so he is quite skilled.

Only one I'd let touch my cars, Kun is incredible.

I'm having issues with my 91 and it may need some major work as it's not currently running. Is GT japanese Automotive good? If so I'll have my car towed there. I think going to Frendly Acura will hose me due to dealer pricing.

Last edited:
I would heed The Kid's recommendation.

Back