• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance on 9/16

Who has been invited to this other that myself? Craig, Marc and myself have signed up for this event/carshow. Here's the email that I received from them.

Dear NSX Club Member,
The Acura Division is pleased to announce that we have become the presenting sponsor of the famed Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance. This year's show will be held on Sunday, September 16th, overlooking the spectacular Pacific at Ocean Trails Golf Club. To celebrate this occasion, Acura would like to extend a special invitation to you, as an NSX owner, to participate in this esteemed event by showcasing your vehicle alongside some of history's finest examples of automotive engineering and craftsmanship.

As the titled sponsor, Acura will have a unique display area that will share our vision of the future by showcasing Acura's newest vehicles as well as those of NSX club members. This area is capable of showcasing 26 NSX vehicles. Because space is limited, your earliest RSVP is encouraged to ensure your participation in this exciting opportunity. In addition, Acura will host an exclusive VIP hospitality area with complimentary, gourmet food and hosted bar for your enjoyment.

Acura's display area is designed to provide the best possible reflection of your vehicle. It will, in fact, be located next to two other fine automobiles, Lamborghini and Ferrari. Thus, it will require some logistical set-up prior to the opening of the event. If you decide to participate by showcasing your NSX along with other NSX club members, you will be required to arrive no later than 8:30am Sunday morning and be committed to leaving your vehicle in the display until after 4:00pm that afternoon.

The limit has been reached and there is a waiting list. Anyone else receive this invitation and or plan to attend? Sounds like a cool car day to me!! Take care, John

John,
I got an invitation about a week and a half ago. I would have liked to go, especially to hook up with you guys, but things are just a bit too hectic at work, and I didn't think I could get away for the weekend. Plus, I'd be out of a car for an entire day, and I'd still have to drive back to San Diego late in the afternoon & early evening.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I recall something going around the NSX mailing list. I signed up with Alex V. Am I thinking of something else because that sounds like the same thing.

Just checked the NSXCA site. There is a section reserved for NSXCA. Looks like we'll have plenty of company.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 15 August 2001).]

I RSVP'd to display my NSX last week and confirmed my spot on Monday...so it looks like I'll be seeing you all again in September. Will you guys (John, Craig, Marc) be displaying your NSX?

Holly mentioned that the Ferraris will no longer be next to us (they've been moved on to the fairways). Apparently 'Vettes will take their place. Oh well.

Funny thing is that I took a picture of my NSX in front of the fountain at Ocean Trails only a month or two ago.

And on a completely unrelated note, I drove by a stunning silver 360 Spyder parked at the corner of Arizona and 3rd Street...droooooool....

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 15 August 2001).]

Eric,
Yes to your question about us (Craig, Marc and myself) displaying our NSX's!!! I wonder how many other people with NSX's that we'll meet that we don't know? Maybe there's more NSX's around here then we imagine. Anyone have an idea of where Acura got the "list" of NSX owners? Prime? NSXSC? NSXCA? Sounds as if car shows/displays are a big draw. If they have 26 NSX's and a huge waiting list that want to go, maybe we should attend more shows as a group, our just have a impromtu meeting at the show!!!!!

I'll be there, although I'm not sure I'll be able to display my car at this point. Any one else from 0range County planning on attending? We shoud caravan up. I'm in Laguna.

Maybe meet up around 10:00 that morning in the Irvine area and drive up from there.

David Kim
94 Black/Tan

I'm just glad I'm going to know people there...I obviously knew Alex V would be there. Afterall, 8;30am to 4pm is a long stretch of time to kill.

DvKim,
I've also signed up for it and I'll be driving from Irvine. The only thing is that if you showcase your car, you'd have to be there before 8:00, if I recall.

Within the next few weeks, I'm going to do some finishing touches with a couple mods and a nice cleaning job. then I'm good to go.

It's going to be a blast. Too bad they relocated the F-cars. I hope they'd showcase some '63 split window vettes next to us... but no C4s please!

Hey Guys- I will be attending as well. I am relatively new NSX owner I have corresponded with Eric- Akira3d a few times. I am in Manhattan Beach and I have black 92 in really good shape, but I am still working on her before she is ready to show. I look forward to meeting you all. Cool place for a car show. I will make sure I find your spot Eric.
Tom

I'll be going but I won't be displaying my car. I just got an announcement on the event from Acura and everyone invited will get complimentary parking and access to an exclusive VIP hospitality area that will offer gourmet food and hosted bar. Hope to see you guys there
smile.gif

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

I think it would be best if everyone who plans on attending, be it to show your vehicle or as a spectator, join the CalCoastalNSX group and we can make arrangements to get together at a specific time. We can also form caravans to the show.
Here's some links

> To Post message:
[email protected]
> To Subscribe:
> [email protected]
> To Unsubscribe:
> [email protected]

Just got off the phone with Amber. We will be right next to Lamborgini. The Ferrari's have moved onto the fairway on the grass(they were next to us!) Enzo must have had something to do with that!!! I am getting an extra parking pass (dont need it) if someone wants it, it's yours.

I'm bummed. I would love to just be able to go to meet some of you guys and your cars.

Unfortunately I'll be at Monza with my girlfriend watching F1 on the 16th. I'm not really that bummed since I live for F1. I just thought I'd throw that out there to bug any F1 fans on the Forum. Just being a smart-ass.
smile.gif

Actually, I really am bummed that I can't go, so I'll have to make it to another get together.

Alan

------------------
Alan Peltier
Operations Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
[email protected]

'94 black/black
No mods yet. HID on order. Needs wheels!
Performance upgrades coming as soon as I can scrape up the cash! Donations much appreciated!!

Check out our website at http://www.hrewheels.com

Oh! Now this looks very interesting! Too bad I don't have a NSX....
frown.gif
But I wouldn't mind meeting some of you local people for once and check out them beautiful NSX's!

ANYTIME - May I have that parking pass?
smile.gif

Are there 2 different events going on here? I'm a bit confused. I know I am going. There was an NSXCA trip to this event. Is this the same one, or are there 2 different organized groups. I know I want to go and plan to, but am unsure of how this whole thing is going to work.

Originally posted by ilya:
Are there 2 different events going on here? I'm a bit confused. I know I am going. There was an NSXCA trip to this event. Is this the same one, or are there 2 different organized groups. I know I want to go and plan to, but am unsure of how this whole thing is going to work.

There are two places to park.
1. In the Acura display area. This was limited to 25 NSX's. It was a first come, first serve sign up. There is a waiting list for cancellations.
2. In the Acura guest parking. There is a guest parking pass included with every display area packet.(for an extra car)That whats talked about here. Limited to one pass per entry. I have a few extra. Must present pass to park.

Ilya, You've got mail

The got the list from the NSXCA. I got an invitation at my new california address that I gave to Ken Sax, and not to Acura.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
Eric,
Yes to your question about us (Craig, Marc and myself) displaying our NSX's!!! I wonder how many other people with NSX's that we'll meet that we don't know? Maybe there's more NSX's around here then we imagine. Anyone have an idea of where Acura got the "list" of NSX owners? Prime? NSXSC? NSXCA? Sounds as if car shows/displays are a big draw. If they have 26 NSX's and a huge waiting list that want to go, maybe we should attend more shows as a group, our just have a impromtu meeting at the show!!!!!

Back