• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

instructions to remove the center console

Can someone do me a huge favor and fax (509-277-6609)me the instructions to remove the center console.(97 nsx) (i am installing the mesh shift boot + taitec shift knob) I did read the instructions below to lift up the console, But I have big hands and i'm also replacing the boot..so i need to take the console out. Correct??

I know someone is going to tell me to go out and buy a manual and i will, i promise. But i want to do this quickly without waiting for a manual to arrive. By the way what is the best source for the manual for this car and what manual do you reccomend.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

97CTSC said:
..so i need to take the console out. Correct??
You definitely need to remove the console - you will find it impossible (even with small hands) to get access to the screws holding the shift boot in place. That reference on SOS site is really good - however, there are also a couple of screws at the top of the console after you remove the vent unit which aren't mentioned in the instructions; also be careful as you remove the console, you will have to disconnect two plugs/harnesses form behind the ashtray as you start to remove the assembly.

By the way what is the best source for the manual for this car and what manual do you reccomend.
Well, Helm is the only one to consider & the one most everyone here on Prime uses - I'm not sure what problem is however, when I seearch for your specific manual, it comes up with no documents found. In fact I tried 4 different model years & all came up with nothing????
http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=
In the meantime you can use the on-line version of the '91 manual from here on 'Prime - http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf - go to page 869 (type 869 enter in the field at the bottom where it says page 1 of 1479)
Many of the procedures (like console removal) are unchanged through the years.

Back