• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you trade your NSX?

If you had the opportunity/finances would you trade your NSX to another exotic?

Ferrari Maranello
Ferrari Modena
Lamborghini Diablo
Porsche 911 turbo
Dodge Viper

For me even if I had the extra money, I would still be driving the NSX, maybe two of them.

One would be the exact replica of P.D Cunningham's Realtime racing NSX. ( For the track)
The other would be my yellow NSX (With a lot more performance modifications)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by gomaidy (edited 09 October 2001).]

only for the followings:
classic Mercedes 300SL, BMW 3.5CSL and last but not least, a fully restored Jaguar E Type Series III with the V-12, yes, a roadster in BRG with biscuit interior.

While a NSX would be nice to keep for reliable weekend cruising, I'd sell out for this car:

plm3.jpg

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Wouldn't trade, but if I had the financial resources I would keep the NSX as my "daily driver" and pick any one of those cars for my "fun" car. Preferably the Lambo...

-Bob

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
In a heartbeat for a Modena! Definitely for a 550 Maranello. Yes for a Lambo. Not for a Porsche. And, NO WAY for a Viper.

Great minds think a like. What colors?

hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 09 October 2001).]

No, the NSX is as exotic as I want to get. Pulling the engine out of the car just to change a belt is not for me.

I wouldn't trade my NSX in for any of those cars, but I wouldn't mind each one as a supplemental car. :p

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I definitely won't trade my NSX for anything. But I would buy a 6speed F355 GTS or a 6speed 360 Modena as her garage mate, NO WAY for the rest. But then I have to deal with all those badge snobs
smile.gif

If you had the opportunity/finances would you trade your NSX to another exotic?

YES to...
- a silver Ferrari 360 Spyder
- a silver Porsche Carrera GT (V-10)
- a Maranello Spider (limited edition)
- a Pagani Zonda
- a Saleen S7

Maybe to a Maranello coupe

NO to everything else... Diablo, Porsche, Viper

Agreed. However, I would trade it for a new 911 Turbo or GT2.

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
In a heartbeat for a Modena! Definitely for a 550 Maranello. Yes for a Lambo. Not for a Porsche. And, NO WAY for a Viper.

------------------

a friend of mine just bought a '97 355 berlinetta w/~16K miles on it... a very beautiful car. he's convinced that maint on them is minimal and they're a great daily driver type of car.

while i'd love to have such a beautiful car, i wouldn't be willing to trade the reliability & overall performance confidence i have in driving the nsx for one of them... if i had the $$'s, i'd love to have one as a nice garage queen and occasional mood lifter, though :>)

he's convinced that maint on them is minimal and they're a great daily driver type of car.

Tell him to call his local Ferrari dealer and ask how much a 30K service costs. (If I'm not mistaken, it runs around $3-4K.) Then tell him how much it costs on the NSX ($600-1000).

Would I trade? Oh my god yes- but not for some panzy puss car like a 360 spyder, diablo or other yuppy piece of crap like that. I would go for a true exotic one of a kind racing demon like so:
http://www.supercars.net/SDBQ?y=1994&m=Dauer&o=962%20LeMans
http://www.supercars.net/SDBQ?y=2001&m=Saleen&o=S7R
http://www.supercars.net/SDBQ?y=1995&m=McLaren&o=F1%20LM
http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&i=830&p=1995_lamborghini_cala-1.jpg&y=1995&m=Lamborghini&o=Cala%20Concept

Why? Why have 1 of 2,000 car when you can have a 1 of 1 car? Why have 290hp when you can have 290hp per liter? Why get wimpy 11" brakes when you can get 14" OEM? Why ride on a substandard suspention when you can have world-class? This should all go without saying- the world of automotive technology does not stop at Honda's door(much to many's disbelief I'm sure)

PS The only thing exotic about an NSX is the price. It is a 10 year old production car riding on 14 year old technology. There is every option available to those fortunate few with unlimiterd funds available. For a 24 year old kid an NSX is one thing but I would sure hope to see better taste from those older gents with matured 401K's...

John Hudak
98/Yellow

2718.jpg

Some Greek Billionaire's Ferrari F50 GT
1 of 3 made in the world, cost only $1.8 million. I guess if I was a billionaire I would own more than NSXs.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by gomaidy (edited 09 October 2001).]

It is a 10 year old production car riding on 14 year old technology.

So you're saying that the NSX's technology was four years behind that of its competitors when it was first introduced? That's ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 10 October 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
It is a 10 year old production car riding on 14 year old technology.

So you're saying that the NSX's technology was four years behind that of its competitors when it was first introduced? That's ridiculous.

The project was started in 1985- so that is when all the design decisions, etc... were made based upon available technology.

On a project of this mangnitude- there are a lot more considerations than you might think. Test data, tooling requirements, etc... all add up to setting a very high bar for changes to get in; so by the time the car was actually released it is not as simple as let's throw this new widget on the car that might be available...

rave,

at 79K +10K (ct blower) i've got into my nsx, i don't believe the price is exotic at all... i think it represents a tremendous value. also, *i've* got a mature 401 and frankly, i can think of much better ways to spend that money besides a garage queen.

hal

Originally posted by queenlives:
i can think of much better ways to spend that money besides a garage queen.

hal

I agree. If you want to know where the real 401k money is go down the boat dock. I looked at a 120ft yacht. cough, cough..... now we're talkin some change. I'm back to a 58 footer. It's my NSX in the water.

Originally posted by hejo:

I agree. If you want to know where the real 401k money is go down the boat dock. I looked at a 120ft yacht. cough, cough..... now we're talkin some change. I'm back to a 58 footer. It's my NSX in the water.

Ok, now your just stepping up for bragging rights- and you know what if you were 19 that just might be an impressive collection of goodies to be sure.

Originally posted by hejo:

a 40' formula would be fine with me.

Back