• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Sebring Silver thead

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering what colour other than black would go well with a Silver NSX...

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,940
Lazarus,The red actually looks good! You and I have the same body-color treatment of the console and doors. I'm considering painting the instrument panel as well.

93B18 said:

Micha: Nicely exectuted! What is your rim/tire size and suspension setup? TIA.
@93B18,

THX :)

The size are:

front 17 x 8 offset 42, 215/40
rear 18 x 10 offset 45, 265/35 (+25mm spacer)
The Car is lowered with Vogtland springs, approx 4 cm. But, I plan to replace the Vogtland with Bilstein shocks and the OEM springs.

Gruz
Micha

ChopsJazz> Thanks! :) The seats and the door inlays were actually re-upholstered recently specifically in that red perforated leather to make the car a little more distinctive which, in retrospect, wasn't really necessary since there are very few NSXs here in Hong Kong nowadays. But still, I guess most of us just want our cars to be unique and just a bit different from everyone else's.

And hey, it's cool that you also have an aluminum center console and door panels. Now if only I could find a way to install this steering wheel, the look would be complete.

Attachments

• momo driver.jpg
    momo driver.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,489
Micha said:
@93B18,

THX :)

The size are:

front 17 x 8 offset 42, 215/40
rear 18 x 10 offset 45, 265/35 (+25mm spacer)
The Car is lowered with Vogtland springs, approx 4 cm. But, I plan to replace the Vogtland with Bilstein shocks and the OEM springs.

Gruz
Micha
What!!!! The rears are 18x10 with 45mm offset and this is very flush already. Where did you find another 25mm fender room for a 25mm spacer? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Steve

Lazarus said:
Here's mine, from way across the Pacific....
I think I have seen your car at the Time Square parking garage about 2 years ago. The seats look very nice and do you have pictures of just the seats?
I am also a Heungongzhai.
Steve

Steve> Wow, small world. The best picture of the seats that I've got on this laptop is this one. What do you think?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,542
Lazarus said:
Steve> Wow, small world. The best picture of the seats that I've got on this laptop is this one. What do you think?
Very nice!! Are these seat skins pre-made by a company or are they custom made from scratch? How much did they set you back?
I have met Henry Chan and Leslie Leung when I visited HK in April 2000. I saw a silver NSX( probably yours) and a custom made Ferrari 512TR black Cabriolet at Time Square parking lot in Dec 2001. I plan to visit HK soon to pick up some NSR250 fairings and bits.
Steve

Steve> Nope, not pre-fab. But it's fairly routine to get this sort of re-upholstery done in HK. Aside from the obvious choice of taking an NSX to the DCH (Dai Chong Hong, the official importer of Acuras and Hondas) service center to have them do it (which is probably the costliest option but which gives you the most peace of mind), you can always just pick up any issue of Options Magazine (HK edition) and scan through the ads to find companies that do this type of work. I don't remember the itemized cost of just doing the upholstery, but the cost is probably around HK$15,000 (HK$ to US$ exchange rate is about 7.8). Much of the modification work was contracted out to a bodywork shop called HK Motoring, but the new leather was probably sub-contracted out since I don't see any upholstery work being done on location there.

Hope this helps. :)

ChopsJazz said:
And mine:

2002 rear valance. 2002 Acura emblem on painted center section. DreamzSport CF Type-R copy wing.

Hey Ken how are things going? Your car looks great with the 2003 rear lower bumper. Joanie just ordered me one for my birthday!

Say hi to Patti for us.

-Rob

Hi Rob!
How are you guys! We had a great time on our July drive with you two when you visited us this past summer. I'm hoping we're going to do Alcatraz in 2004...remember? We have unexplored backroads to discover!
Best Wishes,
Patti

whiteNSXs said:
What!!!! The rears are 18x10 with 45mm offset and this is very flush already. Where did you find another 25mm fender room for a 25mm spacer? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Steve

Hi Steve,

On this pic, you can see, that 10 x 18"/45 rims with 25mm spacers working perfect together, there is enough room without any modifications on the car.

spacer:
400_6337386132633066.jpg

6266643537346362.jpg

400_6330663039376632.jpg

The car runs without any problems, but the handling with this specification is not perfect, is too low an too hard. I will change to Bilstein-shocks with OEM-springs. I will also replacing the 25mm with 20mm spacers.

Micha

Micha said:
Hi Steve,

On this pic, you can see, that 10 x 18"/45 rims with 25mm spacers working perfect together, there is enough room without any modifications on the car.

The car runs without any problems, but the handling with this specification is not perfect, is too low an too hard. I will change to Bilstein-shocks with OEM-springs. I will also replacing the 25mm with 20mm spacers.

Micha

You mentioned having 18X10" 45mm offset for the rears with room for the 25mm spacer. Can you hypothetically run the same rim setup with a 20mm offset and a much deeper lip?

Weather was pretty good yesterday, so went out and snapped a few shots. Just thought I'd share them with you guys...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,996
Lazarus said:
Weather was pretty good yesterday, so went out and snapped a few shots. Just thought I'd share them with you guys...

Hi

Pretty good??:eek:

That is the best "winter" pictures I have seen. It is 13 below zero celcius where I live and a lot of snow.

Picture of the current situation here :( :(

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Pretty good??:eek:

That is the best "winter" pictures I have seen. It is 13 below zero celcius where I live and a lot of snow.

Picture of the current situation here :( :(

Regards

Wow, just looking at that picture makes me shiver. :D

After a fresh detail rolled out of the garage.

MyNSX.jpg

I'm jealous!!!! Not only are your cars beautiful, they're easy to clean!!! I tried holding out for a sibring silver, but couldn't hold out to long and got a black on black....Black is beautiful, but a pain in the @ss keeping it that way...My other cars are silver(528i and 4runner) and are sooo much easier to clean..My next NSX will be sebring silver!!!(with black top:D )

You lucky bass turds;)

Last edited:
I'm jealous!!!! Not only are your cars beautiful, they're easy to clean!!! I tried holding out for a sibring silver, but couldn't hold out to long and got a black on black....Black is beautiful, but a pain in the @ss keeping it that way...My other cars are silver(528i and 4runner) and are sooo much easier to clean..My next NSX will be sibring silver!!!(with black top )

i feel your pain..... i had a black nsx first and keeping it nice drove me crazy. it took a while but i found a sebring silver one. i'm happy now!:D

I did the opposite, I went from silver to black. Yes, the silver is so easier to be kept clean... the balck is a pain but when it is clean, wow, it is also so shiny!

When I had the silver it was my daily driver, now I only drive it on sunny days.

Couldn't resist...got my front spoiler painted body-colour the other day.

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,768
Back