• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Stoptech Front BBK Wheel Fitment Thread

43mm Rear Offset
40mm Front Offset

However I will not need spacers soon as they are developing new calipers that does not require spacers for the front.
www.brakezone.com ask for Sherwin
Will be 6 pistons in front and 4 pistons with e-brake in the rear.

Tan

A thread about BBK can be found in this thread:
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168281

ak said:
damn, I like that GC-010e wheels too! what a bummer...

Talked to the friendly folks at Prodrive USA, I'll be getting the 17x7.5 with 35mm offset instead, that wheel should clear the calipers based on what I found out about the 17x7.5 with 42mm offset and a 7.5mm spacer. That's like having a 17x7.5 with 34.5mm offset, assuming that the additional 7mm goes to the base of the wheel.. Keeping fingers crossed :)

Picture of GC-010e 17x7.5 42mm with 7.5mm spacer, it clears by quite a bit so the 35mm should be ok as well.

Attachments

• prodrive-gc-010e-small-7.jpg
    prodrive-gc-010e-small-7.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,438
donwon said:
Dont mean to hijack thread, but seemed appropriate place to ask. Anyone have BBK and volk gt-c's? If so, what sizes and offsetts you running?

Donwon I just got off the phone with Steve from Mackin because I think I want the GTCs he told me if your running a 7.5mm Spacer to go with these offsets 17x8-41 and 18x10-43 offset. I have the Stoptech BBK and told him to use the Stoptech Template he did and used a extra 2mm of space when he measured so thats what he came up with.

Re: Prodrive GC-010E

2slow2speed said:
One more wheel for the database.

Make: Prodrive
Model: GC-010E (Manufactured by Rays)
Size: 17x7.5 42mm offset
Spacer: 7.5mm spacer needed
Vendor: Prodrive USA
http://www.prodrive-usa.com/product_detail.asp?yid=11&cid=11&pid=126&s=

I received a set of Prodrive GC-010E's drop shipped from Japan this morning.

I tried the Stoptech template on the wheel, but it does not clear the caliper area.

I'll be shipping these back to Prodrive USA, I checked with them several times for proper caliper fitment. I was about to order the 35mm offset of the same wheel, but was told that the 42mm would work. NOT :(.
Back to the drawing board again...

These wheels are very similar to the CE-28N's from Volk Racing, the shape of the spokes are a bit different as well as the way that they meet the edge of the rim.

Picture of the wheel..
Hi Ken,
If you look at the Prodrive Japan website, the GC-010 actually has more sizes and offsets available. To top it off, there are 3 depths of spoke profiles and 2 faces. I am sure you will be able to find a size that will fit. You might have to order directly from Japan.
Steve

Steven Spanbauer said:
Donwon I just got off the phone with Steve from Mackin because I think I want the GTCs he told me if your running a 7.5mm Spacer to go with these offsets 17x8-41 and 18x10-43 offset. I have the Stoptech BBK and told him to use the Stoptech Template he did and used a extra 2mm of space when he measured so thats what he came up with.
Hi Steve,
Can you ask Steve at Mackin if the TE37 17x7.5 et30mm and the 18x7.5 et30mm will clear Stoptech? If they clear, then Ken just need to buy a pair for the front.
Steve

Re: Re: Prodrive GC-010E

whiteNSXs said:
Hi Ken,
If you look at the Prodrive Japan website, the GC-010 actually has more sizes and offsets available. To top it off, there are 3 depths of spoke profiles and 2 faces. I am sure you will be able to find a size that will fit. You might have to order directly from Japan.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the pointer, it seems that we do similar kinds of research.

I actually looked at the Prodrive Japan website to obtain the measurements before I contacted Prodrive USA, that's one of the reasons why I wanted to go with the 35mm in the first place.

Sadly the 17x7.5 only comes in the following sizes:
30mm M-Disk
35mm, 42mm, 48mm S-Disk

So it was actually a toss up between the 42mm and the 35mm, the 30mm won't work it will stick way out.

Per Prodrive USA's recommendation I ordered the 42mm offset, it turns out that they were wrong, but it's ok since they will drop ship a set of 35mm offset wheels in about a week and a half, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it will work.

Ken

Some good info in this thread. Is anyone putting it in a spreadsheet?

I'd be happy to, but I think we first need to come up with a template for all the information we can include. I'd also like to see tire size info included and info on rubbing and fender clearence. Here's a start. Let me know what to add and I will post a spreadsheet where people can download, fill in their data and e-mail back to me for posting.

Prime user name
Front
BBK type
Wheel Manufacture
Wheel model
Wheel size
Offset
Vendor
Spacer used
Tire manufature
Tire model
Tire size
Rubbing on inside?
Clears fender?
Suspension mods
Notes

Rear
Same

Anything else?

I am just going to wait and see for now. SSR has 2 new models. The GT7 that Tirerack carries, and the GT2 that are now available everywhere but the USA. Also, there might be a chance that the GT1 17x8 et38mm might clear the Stoptech but so far no one has that wheel to confirm.
Steve

A quick correction, the GC-07's will still require a spacer, the tolerances for the caliper mounting bracket mounting point seems to cause some problems on my left side of the car, it causes the caliper to move further in towards the center resulting in rubbing with the spokes of the GC-07's.

2slow2speed said:
A quick correction, the GC-07's will still require a spacer, the tolerances for the caliper mounting bracket mounting point seems to cause some problems on my left side of the car, it causes the caliper to move further in towards the center resulting in rubbing with the spokes of the GC-07's.
Doooh! So does it mean that there are so far no known one piece forged wheel that will fit over the Stoptech? Is there really a good reason why the caliper is so damn thick?:(
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Hi Ken, I am actually correct as well as you are. The 17x8.5 et40mm wheel is 2.5mm more outward than my planned 17x7.5 et30mm. With the 7.5mm spacer that he is using, his set up is 10mm more outward than mine as stated.
Steve

Hi Steve,

I think that Shawn is suffering from a bit of "amnesia" :).

His offset is actually 50mm per the following post:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11322

Ken

Well after a month of searching and taking to a few Rim Gurus I went out on a limb and custom ordered a set of Volk CTCs in Gun Metal. I decided on getting them from the Brake Zone... I talked with Sherwin who is one hell of a nice guy and seems to know his stuff.

We decided to get the fronts in a 17x8 with a 35 offset and the rears in a 18x10 with a 38 offset. I know some of you will say that rears are going to stick out to far but since the fronts are going to be right at the fender well I wanted the rears to look somewhat the same.

I think I'm going with the new Yoko ES100 for Tires in a 215-40-17 and a 265-35-18 and again I know the fronts should have a 225 but they only come in a 215 for the front... I guess I will have a lot of Rim showing but I dont mind. It's going to be about a three month wait for them to come but hey it's Winter here and the X is just sitting anyway.

I will be sure to post pics and results when I get them.. we are hoping they will fit WITHOUT a Spacer but until we get them and try them on we just wont know so wish me luck.

Steven Spanbauer said:

I think I'm going with the new Yoko ES100 for Tires in a 215-40-17 and a 265-35-18 and again I know the fronts should have a 225 but they only come in a 215 for the front... I guess I will have a lot of Rim showing but I dont mind. It's going to be about a three month wait for them to come but hey it's Winter here and the X is just sitting anyway.

I will be sure to post pics and results when I get them.. we are hoping they will fit WITHOUT a Spacer but until we get them and try them on we just wont know so wish me luck.

Steven,

I ended up ordering some custom Kinesis K57's in 17x8 38mm offset for the front and 18x9.5 for the rear with 41mm offset, the other option that I have considered is the 18x10 with 48mm offset, I'm actually considering
going with the 18x10 but need to double check about clearance issues.

These will take a 30-45 days to be built by the folks in Southern CA. Ben from the The Wheel Boutique brokered a good deal for me.

Weights that were quoted were:

18lbs for the fronts and 21lbs for the rears. So they are 3lbs heavier than a comparable GC-010's.

Ken

Last edited:
2slow2speed said:
Steven,

I ended up ordering some custom Kinesis K57's in 17x8 38mm offset for the front and 18x9.5 for the rear (I need to check the rear offset) These will take a 30-45 days to be built by the folks in Southern CA. Ben from the The Wheel Boutique brokered a good deal for me.

Ken
Hi Ken,
But I thought you wanted something lighter than the SSR GT1. The Kinesis front is probably heavier.
Steve

Boy, did I screw up. Sincere apologies if I messed anybody up. :(

Andrie, there's a little over 2mm of clearance b/t the spokes and the caliper.

Hi Steve,

Actually I wanted a set of wheels that I can run without spacers, sturdy and proven on the track.

Several of my track friends are happy with their Kinesis Wheels so I take that as a good vote of confidence.

I've heard horror stories about the SSR's (not competition) from various different sources and that's one of the reasons why I am staying away from the GT1s.

Ken

whiteNSXs said:
Hi Ken,
But I thought you wanted something lighter than the SSR GT1. The Kinesis front is probably heavier.
Steve

Kinesis Wheels

I got my set of custom Kinesis wheels delivered today.

Manufacturer: Kinesis Motorsport www.kinesismotorsport.com

Distributor: The Wheels Boutique www.wheelsboutique.com

Model: K57 Front K58 Rear
Size: 17x8 38mm offset Front, 18x9.5 39mm offset Rear

Props to Ben at Wheels Boutique and to Alan at Kinesis, both of them were very helpful.

The front wheels clear the caliper template without a need for a spacer, need to make sure that the tires won't stick past fender.

Picture of wheels, the centers are actually dark grey, they seem washed out in the pictures:

Attachments

• k57k58.jpg
    k57k58.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,241
Back