• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Stoptech Front BBK Wheel Fitment Thread

Ken,
They look great I love those Rims...Did you bolt one on the front to see how the clearence is? If so post some pics...

Re: K57 Kinesis wheel (front)

2slow2speed said:
Picture of front wheel with the caliper clearance template:

Ken did you ever get these mounted? or try the fronts on for size.

Re: Re: K57 Kinesis wheel (front)

Steven Spanbauer said:
Ken did you ever get these mounted? or try the fronts on for size.

Hi Steven,

I mounted the front right wheel without the tire about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it seemed to be very close to the edge, given the offset of 38mm and the size of 17x8 it should have a comparable fender clearance as your 17x8 45mm with a 7.5mm spacer SSR wheel (45 - 7.5 = 37.5mm offset). I can't be sure because the front suspesion was not loaded because I did not mount any tires on the wheel. The wheel clears the caliper without problems, the only close section is the edge of the rim where the spokes mounts to the rim, it comes very close to the rubber caps for the bleed valve on the front side of the caliper. Barely a couple of mm of clearance there.

I'm currently waiting for a set of GC-010's in 17x7.5 with 35mm offset, and see if that has less clearance problems with the front fender than the 17x8's.

I plan to run some Toyo RA-1's in 205/40 R17 up front so a 17x7.5 wheel will be a better fit rather than a 17x8.

Hopefully the GC-010's will be arriving shortly.. If the GC-010's works, I might put the Kinesis up for sale, but I'm not sure since they are some great looking wheels.

Ken

Re: Re: Re: K57 Kinesis wheel (front)

2slow2speed said:
Hi Steven,

I mounted the front right wheel without the tire about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it seemed to be very close to the edge, given the offset of 38mm and the size of 17x8 it should have a comparable fender clearance as your 17x8 45mm with a 7.5mm spacer SSR wheel (45 - 7.5 = 37.5mm offset). I can't be sure because the front suspesion was not loaded because I did not mount any tires on the wheel. The wheel clears the caliper without problems, the only close section is the edge of the rim where the spokes mounts to the rim, it comes very close to the rubber caps for the bleed valve on the front side of the caliper. Barely a couple of mm of clearance there.

I'm currently waiting for a set of GC-010's in 17x7.5 with 35mm offset, and see if that has less clearance problems with the front fender than the 17x8's.

I plan to run some Toyo RA-1's in 205/40 R17 up front so a 17x7.5 wheel will be a better fit rather than a 17x8.

Hopefully the GC-010's will be arriving shortly.. If the GC-010's works, I might put the Kinesis up for sale, but I'm not sure since they are some great looking wheels.

Ken

That's to bad if you have to sell the Kinesis Rims those are great looking Rims. I had a friend come over and do some measuring on the SSRs and the 7.5mm spacer might be more than I need. He is custom making me a set of 2 mm spacers and they should be done in a week or so. I also was concerned about the car under load in the corners if I would get any rubbing or not so I want to be as close as I can to the calipers. My other issue will be if the 35 offset Volk GTCs will work without a spacer but I still wont see them until mid March I hate the waiting....Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Here is a update on my front SSR GT1s I had a custom spacer made. The Rim is a17x8 45 offset the spacer required is only 2mm here is a pic with the Stoptechs. I hope to have the Volk GTCs in a few weeks and will post pics then.

Last edited:
Kinesis Etoile Wheels on Lotus BBK

Here is my set up:

Front-
Kinesis
Etoile(discontinued)
17x8.5"
44 mm offset
Yoko ES-100 215/40-17
Eibach springs
Koni shocks
Tires rub at full lock and outside liners under hard compression in turns
no spacers
Rear-
Kinesis
Etoile(discontinued)
17x10"
46 mm offset
Yoko ES-100 255/40-17
Eibach springs
Koni shocks
Clears everywhere
no spacers

Last edited:
Prodrive GC-010E

I finally received the Prodrive wheels with the lower offsets. The front wheels clear the caliper without the need for a spacer. However the rears needs a spacer to clear the caliper, that's ok by me since the extra 5mm brings out the rear wheels closer to the fender line to match the fronts.

Wheels: Prodrive
Model: GC-010E
Size: 17x7.5 with 35mm offset, 18x9.5 with 40mm offset with a 5mm spacer
Tires: SO-3's 215/40 17, 275/35 18
Vendor: http://www.prodrive-usa.com/product_detail.asp?yid=11&cid=11&pid=126&s=1
Props to Scott at Prodrive USA for trying to get a custom setup made with a medium disk, but no luck :(.
Manufacturer: Rays

The wheels ended up costing me as much as the Kinesis wheels, but I am happy with them. Probably the only NSX running this setup in the US, it feels good to be unique :D Hehe....

Ken

Attachments

• gc010-1.jpg
    gc010-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,263
Last edited:
Well after three months the GTCs finally came today. I must say I love them. Ok here is the deal I got the fronts in a 35 offset and guess what they DO Not clear that freeken Stoptech Caliper. The template shows it should work but when you bolt them on tight they just touch. So I have to use the 2mm spacer for the fronts and they seem fine. I plan on getting the Tires mounted tomorrow but the other thing is they forgot to toss in the centering rings :mad: man this has been an ordeal I will post pics of them on as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Caliper.

Last edited:
Caliper second shot.

Last edited:
Here they are mounted and dropped down should get the centering rings Friday then I can get some good pics.

Last edited:

Machined mech look to brakes and wheels in my opinion.

Tan

Anyone have any luck mouting Prodrive GC-06D wheels with Stoptech brakes or anything else??

Meeyatch1 said:
Anyone have any luck mouting Prodrive GC-06D wheels with Stoptech brakes or anything else??

Mitch,

When SOS had the GC-06's with a discount I asked Chris to do some measurements for me. Chris was kind enough to use the Stoptech template and make some measurements on a front wheel and he sent me a picture.

From what I recall the wheels will require a spacer for the Stoptech BBK and the spacer will need to be thicker than 5mm or even 7.5mm but I'm not sure by how much more.

I'm attaching the original picture taken by Chris.

Attachments

• gc06.jpg
    gc06.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,017
OK,

Looks like this list has not been updated, one more wheel to add to the list then:

Make: Volk's
Model: CE28N
Size: 17x8 38mm offset (high pad version)
Spacer: None
Vendor: Dali, SOS, etc, etc

Had the chance to test fit the wheel last week @Infineon, thanks to Kip who let me borrow his wheel :cool:

The only downside is the long lead time to get these wheels.

Ken

Don't forget me! Unless you want to pay more!

I think I have found another wheel, I will be testing this weekend....stay tuned...
2slow2speed said:
OK,

Looks like this list has not been updated, one more wheel to add to the list then:

Had the chance to test fit the wheel last week @Infineon, thanks to Kip who let me borrow his wheel :cool:

Ken

I got in my 18x7.5 +35 prodrive GC-10E wheels and they do fit the stoptech kit. I got them blindly, guessing that they would be the same as the 17's like 2slow2speed has, and it paid off! I have the 19's coming in a couple of days for the rear!

Make: Prodrive
Model: GC-10E
Size: 18x7.5 +35
Vendor: My little secret!

Who? and what did you pay? What are the rear widths and offsets?

I will need to add these to my page, and at a lower price of course! :wink:

I have a secret set of wheels on my car that clear Stoptechs without spacers that are 17/18 for $566/set + ship!!!!!!!!!

17x8.0 +42mm bronze or GM $131ea
18x9.0 +38mm bronze or GM $152ea

PM me for details.

Well, the American importer does not import these so I had to get a friend to get them for me. I actually asked if you could get these for me, but you were not able :cool: . JK :smile: They were more than what others will be willing to pay. They are 18x7.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +44.

DPG said:
Well, the American importer does not import these so I had to get a friend to get them for me. I actually asked if you could get these for me, but you were not able :cool: . JK :smile: They were more than what others will be willing to pay. They are 18x7.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +44.

Let's see pics :)

They are not on the car yet. The car is still in project phase. I am waiting for my motor to be done and a few more things that I have to purchase (like tires!) I will post pics as soon as I have them on the car. They look just like 2slow2speeds but BIGGER! Not as track friendly, but still light enough. I had to find the track/bling compromise!

2slow2speed said:
OK,

Ken

What about the rear? I have the BBK on the rear as well, which Volk CE28N fits the rear without a spacer?
If in fact it does at all?

Back