• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Stoptech Front BBK Wheel Fitment Thread

AU_NSX said:
What about the rear? I have the BBK on the rear as well, which Volk CE28N fits the rear without a spacer?
If in fact it does at all?

The standard sized CE28N should fit, 18x9.5 with 40mm offset.

It should fit since it clears the Comptech Pro Brakes with the 13 inch rotors and Brembo Indy calipers. I can confirm later on this evening once I get home and try the Sotpech template on the wheels that are still in the box.

Ken

2slow2speed said:
The standard sized CE28N should fit, 18x9.5 with 40mm offset.

It should fit since it clears the Comptech Pro Brakes with the 13 inch rotors and Brembo Indy calipers. I can confirm later on this evening once I get home and try the Sotpech template on the wheels that are still in the box.

Ken

That would be great Ken... Thanks!

Make: VOLK
Model: GTC face 1
Size: 18x8 +24
Spacer: None. but I put a spacer on anyways
Vendor: RP Motorports unbeatable price. Thanx Tom.

Saving up for rears but damn E brake cost a fortune.

One more wheel to add to the list:

Make: Work
Model:Emotion CR Kai
Size: 17x8 47mm offset
Spacer: 5mm
Vendor: Comptech

Was told by Comptech that the wheel would clear the Brembo Indy Caliper based BBK, so thought that it was worth a try. Needs a 5mm spacer to clear the Stoptech caliper :mad:

There is a 42mm offset wheel available that should work fine without a spacer.

Ken

Does anyone know if the Stoptech BBK will fit behind a Volk LE28N 17x7.5 +43 Offset? Going to have to try the template in my wheel & see if it clears? Car is in storage for the winter might cause a slight issue right now... yes I also know my car is '00 with OEM larger brakes so I'm 50/50 about doing it right now.

Does anyone know if the Stoptech BBK will fit behind a Volk LE28N 17x7.5 +43 Offset? Going to have to try the template in my wheel & see if it clears? Car is in storage for the winter might cause a slight issue right now... yes I also know my car is '00 with OEM larger brakes so I'm 50/50 about doing it right now.

I can tell you right now you have no chance of clearing with those front specs without a spacer. Won't even clear the Brembo lotus caliper (smaller than Stoptech).

I can tell you right now you have no chance of clearing with those front specs without a spacer. Won't even clear the Brembo lotus caliper (smaller than Stoptech).

I know the CT spare tire won't clear the Stoptech, bad experience!! :confused:

Crap I thought so thanks saves me from trying the template thingie... funny I was thinking of going biggert to GT-V 18 x 7.5 +33 but I just realized they are the same sizes Synth19 is running so it won't work there even with a small spacer. So I guess I'll have to stick to OEM brakes for now... which is no problem :smile:

Crap I thought so thanks saves me from trying the template thingie... funny I was thinking of going biggert to GT-V 18 x 7.5 +33 but I just realized they are the same sizes Synth19 is running so it won't work there even with a small spacer. So I guess I'll have to stick to OEM brakes for now... which is no problem :smile:

Yeah, even with a 3 mm spacer it does not work. I think the spoke design is a big factor in clearing the stoptechs.

Make: work
Model: emotion xt 7
Size: front 17x7 et +32 rear 18x9.5 et38
spacer: none

Make: Advan
Model: Model 5
Front: 17x8 et 38
Rear: 17x9 et 45
No spacers

silver1.jpg

Make: Advan
Rear: 17x9 et 45
No spacers

silver1.jpg
Rear: 18x10 et 45
No spacers

IMG_3485.jpg

Last edited:
A small contribution to this post...

5-Zigen
FN01R-C
17'' x 8'', ET=40
8 mm spacers (5 mm is not enough)

Last edited:
Funny, I was coming to this thread to look into Stoptech fitment under my wheels (I figured I'd have to sell my wheels to run a bbk kit). Turns out the OP (who I bought my Kinesis wheels from back in '04) has pictures of my wheels (his at the time) with the template and all right in this thread! That was easy. :smile:

Funny, I was coming to this thread to look into Stoptech fitment under my wheels (I figured I'd have to sell my wheels to run a bbk kit). Turns out the OP (who I bought my Kinesis wheels from back in '04) has pictures of my wheels (his at the time) with the template and all right in this thread! That was easy. :smile:

Just chiming in..

FYI, the spokes on the front Kinesis wheels will clear the Stoptech caliper (assuming that it's is the ST40 caliper and not something newer like their Trophy series for which you will have to download the template and check for yourself).

That been said you might run into problems with tire clearance inside the front wheel well.

A 17x8 wheel usually requires a 235/40/17 tire, the hat on the Stoptech BBK rotors is wider than the stock rotors so it will push out the wheels out further than a stock brake setup.

So you might have to roll your fenders, go with more negative camber up front, remove the front fender liners or go with wide front fenders. It all depends on your current setup. (assuming that you have not done any of the previous mentioned fender mods)

It's been a while since I've looked at NSX front brake setups. (sold my NSX a while back)

So based on the offset and width of your front wheels you might want to ask the question here on the forums with folks running similar sized wheels and offset and tires with the Stoptech BBK setup.

Last edited:
Just chiming in..

FYI, the spokes on the front Kinesis wheels will clear the Stoptech caliper (assuming that it's is the ST40 caliper and not something newer like their Trophy series for which you will have to download the template and check for yourself).

That been said you might run into problems with tire clearance inside the front wheel well.

A 17x8 wheel usually requires a 235/40/17 tire, the hat on the Stoptech BBK rotors is wider than the stock rotors so it will push out the wheels out further than a stock brake setup.

So you might have to roll your fenders, go with more negative camber up front, remove the front fender liners or go with wide front fenders. It all depends on your current setup. (assuming that you have not done any of the previous mentioned fender mods)

It's been a while since I've looked at NSX front brake setups. (sold my NSX a while back)

So based on the offset and width of your front wheels you might want to ask the question here on the forums with folks running similar sized wheels and offset and tires with the Stoptech BBK setup.

OR, go with 215's. :D

Just chiming in..

Hmm, good to know, didn't even consider thicker rotor hat, thanks for chiming in.

I run a 235/40-17 and it's already flush with the fender, it also rubs a slight bit on the liner at full lock. Wonder if I could get hat thickness measurements from Stoptech and compare with what I have on the car now.

OR, go with 215's. :D

Not a chance. :tongue:

Wonder if I could get hat thickness measurements from Stoptech and compare with what I have on the car now.

Not a chance. :tongue:

Subtract this from your wheel offsets

Front Stoptech Rotor: -4mm

Rear Stoptech Rotor: -2.8mm

Pics please? I haven't installed mine over my Kojin's yet?

Back