• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Stoptech Front BBK Wheel Fitment Thread

Hi Folks,

Please use this thread to record the wheel setup that you are currently using with the Stoptech BBK. The search function is useful, but as I found out it's better to have a central thread where folks can come and look for the information.

Please include the following:

- Wheel Make
- Model
- Size/Width/offset
- Spacer (if any to clear the caliper)
- Vendor (optional)

Some pictures of my test install for the Stoptech Front BBK Kit on my 97 NSX-T.

Wheels: Prodrive
Model: GC-07
Size: 17x7.5 with 44mm offset
Spacer: no spacers 8)
Vendor: SOS http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...cts/NSX/wheels/Bridgestone_GC-07C/default.asp

Just rotors on this one:

Attachments

• rotor_small.jpg
    rotor_small.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,571
Last edited:
Use Stoptech's template to verify caliper clearance, it's going to be close, note that the center of the spoke is offset with respect to the mounting hole. As previously stated in other posts make sure that the printout is 1:1, double check the measurements. The PDF file is to scale, sometimes the registration of the printer might be off, my HP printer is right on the mark :).

Attachments

• template_small.jpg
    template_small.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3,370
Last edited:
coolnsx said:
Is that Tein suspension? RA or RE? Ride quality? Thanks

Hmm..

This seems to be a bit out of topic here.. :(.

Anyways getting back to your question, Tein RA, ride quality is ok, harsher than stock, harsher than Comptech setup, but I don't care since my NSX is a track car.

It's great on the track, running the 10/10 setup on my car, instead of the stock RA setup of 10/12.

Ken

Thank you for the photos, and also the information. :) Very nice setup.

ak said:
hi 2 slow. about how much clearance do you have between the spoke of the wheel and the caliper?

The closest point is around the inner part of the caliper and the part of the spoke that is closest to the center base. it's about 2mm there, and the clearance increases as the spoke approaches the edge of the rim.

BTW: The Stoptech template recommends a minimum of 2mm of clearance in their template PDF file.

Ken

2slow2speed said:
The closest point is around the inner part of the caliper and the part of the spoke that is closest to the center base. it's about 2mm there, and the clearance increases as the spoke approaches the edge of the rim.

BTW: The Stoptech template recommends a minimum of 2mm of clearance in their template PDF file.

Ken

exactly why I asked. great info. thanks for posting this.... :)

Good thread Ken.

- Volk (Rays Engineering)
- TE37
- 17x8.5, 50mm offset
- 7.5mm spacer from Dali Racing
- Dali Racing

aac.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Ponyboy said:
Good thread Ken.

- Volk (Rays Engineering)
- TE37
- 17x8.5, 40mm offset
- 7.5mm spacer from Dali Racing
- Dali Racing

aac.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg
Please correct me if I am wrong. But a 17x8.5 wheel et 40 mm with a 7.5 mm spacer will exceed the fender room significantly. I plan to use a 17x7.5 et 30mm TE37 and was told by the dealer that it is getting really really tight. Your set up will even exceed my set up by almost 10mm outward. Would you mind posting a view from the top or from front to show how far it sticks out? Also, would you post a side shot to show the entire car? The Volks are simply beautiful!
Thanks,
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Please correct me if I am wrong. But a 17x8.5 wheel et 40 mm with a 7.5 mm spacer will exceed the fender room significantly. I plan to use a 17x7.5 et 30mm TE37 and was told by the dealer that it is getting really really tight. Your set up will even exceed my set up by almost 10mm outward.
Steve, I think you are wrong - these are not so different in their position wrt the fender edge:
the 30mm offset puts the wheel further outward by 10mm vs a 40mm offset for the same width, but since is 7.5" is (0.5 x 25)mm narrower each side of centre than the 8.5", this brings it back inward by 12.5mm vs the 8.5".
Thus, purely for the wheel outside edge wrt the fender, your 17" x 7.5 +30 is actually only 2.7mm different (more clearance wrt the fender outside reference) than the outside edge position of the 17" x 8.5" +40mm.

Some more math:
7.5" wide ~ 190.5mm
8.5" wide ~ 215.9mm
190.5 at +30 offset, -> outside edge of rim is 190.5/2 -30 = 65.25mm out from hub face
215.9 at +40 offset, -> outside edge of rim is 215.9/2 -40 = 67.95mm out from hub face.
Remember, smaller positive offset means that wheel hub is closer to centre of wheel (zero meaning hub is exactly centre) - that means that smaller positive offset means ouside of wheel actually moves the wheel rim out wrt the hub.

Last edited:
Hi Ken, I am actually correct as well as you are. The 17x8.5 et40mm wheel is 2.5mm more outward than my planned 17x7.5 et30mm. With the 7.5mm spacer that he is using, his set up is 10mm more outward than mine as stated.
Steve

Aah, yes I stand corrected - I misunderstood that you would be requiring the spacer also - so you are saying the 30mm offset 7.5" fits over the caliper while the 8.5" +40 does not? As the math above shows, disregarding the spacer, the correlation of hub to rim is within 2.7mm on both these wheel sizes - is that enough to require a spacer? If anything, since the gap is actually a little wider it would be derivative that the 8.5 +40 might actually have more space than the 7.5 +30?

Incidentally, as a side note (not related to Steve's post) it is common misconception that offset does not affect the caliper clearance, but this is not completely true - especially with zero lip design wheels (like stock NSX, ProDrive, Advan 7 etc) where the offset adjustment must be accommodated by the curve of the spoke.

Here are my SSR GT1s.

17x8....45 offset
235-40-17 fr
7.5mm Spacer on now only needs a 5mm though.

Last edited:
Side shot.

Last edited:
Prodrive GC-010E

One more wheel for the database.

Make: Prodrive
Model: GC-010E (Manufactured by Rays)
Size: 17x7.5 42mm offset
Spacer: 7.5mm spacer needed
Vendor: Prodrive USA
http://www.prodrive-usa.com/product_detail.asp?yid=11&cid=11&pid=126&s=

I received a set of Prodrive GC-010E's drop shipped from Japan this morning.

I tried the Stoptech template on the wheel, but it does not clear the caliper area.

I'll be shipping these back to Prodrive USA, I checked with them several times for proper caliper fitment. I was about to order the 35mm offset of the same wheel, but was told that the 42mm would work. NOT :(.
Back to the drawing board again...

These wheels are very similar to the CE-28N's from Volk Racing, the shape of the spokes are a bit different as well as the way that they meet the edge of the rim.

Picture of the wheel..

Attachments

• prodrive-gc-010e_small.jpg
    prodrive-gc-010e_small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,977
Last edited:
Bummer....and the saga of the Stoptech Teplate continues. I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to do when I order a set of Rims for myself that is when I decide on which ones I want. I had quotes from different vendors saying a 35 to 41 offset will work who do you believe:confused: I guess I will have to just try to order one for the front and if that works get the rest.

Back