• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Join us for a cruise from Marina del Rey to Santa Barbara

A couple of weeks ago, forum member Flying Low and I met, had lunch together, and shared our enthusiasm for our recently acquired NSXs. And we realized we would like to meet more of you.

On Saturday, June 10th, we are inviting NSX, S2000, and Integra Type R owners to meet for lunch at the Jerry's Famous Deli in Marina del Rey. Immediately thereafter, we'll cruise up the coast along highway 1 to Santa Barbara.

I recommend checking this topic from time to time as details of the plan could change between now and then.

Please e-mail me if you are interested...

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

Oh man! If it weren't 2,800 miles for me to get to Jerry's, I would be there. I have to admit, you guys are making it hard not to just pick up and move out to the LA area. Have fun.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black
[email protected] http://www.g3.com

Come on G-Man. In your new yellow T you could make that trip in what, maybe 28 or 30 hours! Maybe 35 if you need sleep. I'd take it on as a personal challenge if I were you!

Akira, drive up to S.B. sounds really good.
I'm definitely interested. I think I can gather 4 other nsx guys to join the cruise.

Jay
biggrin.gif

Excellent! Keep 'em coming. And if you guys know any S2000 and Integra Type R owners, make sure they get the word too.

Akira, are you on the nsx mailing list?
If you are, then why don't you post this event to southwest region? It would attract lot of NSXCA members all together.

BTW, why don't you join us in our monthly dinner meeting this Thursday May 11th? It will be at Larrys shop NSX MODIFIED in Huntington Beach.
We had about 35 people on our last meeting.

I will email you the details.

Jay

Per Lud's suggestion, I contacted Alex Vizcarra. He seems interested in our road trip and will publicize it to club members.

This rocks!

I mentioned our Marina - Santa Barbara drive on the NSXCA-Southwest mailing list and I'm starting to receive responses. I'd like to get e-mail from everyone here that is interested in going so I can start a head and car count.

Okay, I'm back from South Africa. (What a beautiful country. For you single guys, there are four women to every man in S.A.!)

Anyway, as Akira3D has said, we'd like to invite all NSX's, Integras & S2000 for a drive up to Malibu on sat June 10th.

I'll personally be bringing two NSX's and one S2000

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX. One of 35 made that year.

Originally posted by akira3d:
A couple of weeks ago, forum member Flying Low and I met, had lunch together, and shared our enthusiasm for our recently acquired NSXs. And we realized we would like to meet more of you.

On Saturday, June 10th, we are inviting NSX, S2000, and Integra Type R owners to meet for lunch at the Jerry's Famous Deli in Marina del Rey. Immediately thereafter, we'll cruise up the coast along highway 1 to Santa Barbara.

I recommend checking this topic from time to time as details of the plan could change between now and then.

Please e-mail me if you are interested...

What are the approximate times for this June 10 event? That is, do we spend the night in Santa Barabra, or drive back to LA in the PM after getting to SB? What route? Along the coast is more interesting.

Welcome back Flying Low...for awhile there I thought I'd have to plan this thing on my own.

I've been told that it is not wise to post specifics about the actual route of these drives, so e-mail me or Flying Low to find out the details.

We haven't set an exact time, but I'm assuming we'll meet around lunch hour.

I'm only focusing on one-way...the way there. If anyone wishes to continue a group drive on the return, let me know.

I'm personally bringing an NSX (mine, of course) and a friend is bringing two Integra Type Rs.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 06 June 2000).]

Just want to remind you that I'm trying to get a head count for the drive. Please e-mail me your confirmations.

We've got 11 definites so far (6 NSXs, 2 S2000's, 3 Type Rs) and plenty of NSX maybes. Hope to hear from you all soon.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 08 June 2000).]

I'm finalizing plans today and will post info tomorrow as to exactly when and where we'll be meeting.

For now, jot down that we'll meet at a parking lot NEAR Jerry's Famous Deli in Marina del Rey at 12 noon followed by 12:30pm lunch at Jerry's. The Jerry's is on Mindanao Way between the 90 W (Marina FWY) and Glencoe.

Some info I am only going to send in private e-mail, so if you're interested in going, please e-mail me privately.

Anyone who decides last minute to join us (and who doesn't receive a private response on where to meet) can meet up with us while we're at Jerry's.

I will be attending tonight's NSXCA SoCal dinner meeting. I look forward to meeting more of you
wink.gif

--Eric

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 08 June 2000).]

My wife Valerie and I had a great time meeting fellow NSXers at the NSXCA SoCal dinner. Too bad the traffic kept me from hearing the tech talk at Larry's NSX modified. It was quite a trip seeing so many NSXs in one place, more amazing that Alex said that this was only a modest turn out.

For once, having a "stock" NSX seemed boring. It was kinda strange, but so many mods were on display and being discussed that I felt a little out of touch with the group. At least I could say I had the only 2000 model there.

Anyway, the drive is moving forward with the aforementioned 11 definites and just a few remaining maybes. Should be a blast. I have e-mailed the final details and directions for where to meet...but only to those who have contacted me privately via e-mail.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 09 June 2000).]

Just got back from Santa Barbara and wanted to thank everyone who could make the trip. The size of the group was considerably smaller than the original "confirmed" group of 11 cars (we ended up with only five NSXs and one Integra Type R), but it was still a blast and a great way to introduce myself to these drives. I'd like to specifically thank Marc for helping me keep the group together once we were IN Santa Barbara, Claus for breaking the ice by picking up the pace, and Pete for bringing the ITR (the only car which could carry our cooler)
wink.gif

The dinner meeting and today's drive were the first time I've had the opportunity of seeing in person the white, green, and (Kaiser) silver NSXs....all look SWEET. I've decided the NSX looks great in all colors!

Actually, all I did was keep the group together. Akira (aka Eric) did almost all the work on this outing and for that i am extremely grateful. It was a very pleasant group of people, and the "race" up north was a blast. (Imagine five NSX's blowing past every car on the PCH. A proud day.)

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX. One of 35 made that year.

Originally posted by akira3d:
At least I could say I had the only 2000 model there.

See, now that is why I didn't drive the 2,800 miles for the gathering... I didn't want to deny you the opportunity to be the only 2000 NSX.
wink.gif
You can pay me back by buying the first round at NSXPO in Atlanta.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

G-Man, it would have been nice if you had come. After hearing everyone's comments about the yellow, I've been dying to see one in person...

Back