• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place in Southern California for Short gear/Ring&Pinion Install?

Hi,

Which shop do you guys recommend in the Southern California area for Short gear and ring and pinion installs? Any experiences, recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Ed

If you don't think Poway (near San Diego) is far, Mark Basch's Area 51.5 shop would be an excellent choice. He put my Dali Clutch, NSX-R gears, and 4.55 R&P in a few months ago. Mmmmm, yummy. However, with all the work he's doing for the BBSC, he might be booked up for a while.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I will be having my 4.55 R&P installed by Larry at NSX Modified in Huntington Beach soon. www.nsxmodified.com

Both Larry and Mark are the two best choices in Southern California. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

If I don't do the clutch, it will probably only be around $300 for labor. You pay Larry by the hour and he works very fast. I've seen him get it done in just a few hours.

OK, more like 8, but 4 of them he is on the phone or with customers so it doesn't count.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 04 December 2001).]

Back