• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VeilSide Fortune Model NSX

Thank you, for viewing this post. We are VeilSide USA. We have released a new body kit, specificaly for the NSX. The Fortune style dramatically changes the look of the original car. We have completed such models for MR-S and Supra in the past. We believe the NSX to be a true high-end sports car, and the Fortune model elevates the vehicle to a supercar status.
But, we would like to hear what the owners of NSX's think of our newest product. Please post freely, we regard your opinions highly.

Best regards,

Katsu Azuma
VeilSide USA
NSX.jpg

i absolutley love it..............just the headlight have a very dramtic change but overall it is excellent!

Cost of VeilSide Fortune NSX kit

We apologize that we may not have that answer at this moment. At the Tokyo Auto Salon, the VeilSide president informed me that the cost is near 15k. He is trying to bring it down to around 10k. Because of the numerous parts involved, from head lights to tail lights, this will not be an inexpensive kit that just anyone might install on their prized vehicles. But, as exclusive as a NSX is, it will be even more so with this kit.

I will try to post the exact US retail price soon. Thank you, for viewing.

Best regards,

Katsu Azuma
VeilSide USA

Are you making the lambo door kit for the Nsx? If not who's kit did you use and how much was it?
Thanks Brian.

the kit looks awesome. however i do not like the rear. it looks too crazy. the front is clean and smooth but the back is wild and crazy. i would definately paid $10k-$15k for it, if the rear looked better

10K is reasonable to me - even 15k.

Does that include Lambo doors?

What is the kit made of? Fiberglass?

The headlights look like they go into the fenders too much - that's my only complaint.

Also - how much weight does it add to the car?

I am serious about getting this kit after seeing it at the Tokyo
Auto Show .

My complaint :

The Front/Rear wheel tuck in too much to the fender , If you can flush the wheel to ther fender would be much better.

f9dfbc16.jpg

I don't really like the shape on the centre rear bumper , If added some kind of diffusor under the centre out exhaust & painted body color , would be better . ( Just like the OEM )

Worry little about the condensation on the headlight , looks like the water can leak in . Also, if it can be projector - even much better . ( I like the Celica headlight conversion look , except it is from a Celica which I don't like )......if it is from Gallardo , I would feel much better .....:) :)

Other then that , it is perfect , I would denfinately consider buying it .
Also , Do you have the color code for that yellow ?
Thanks.

f9dfbc14.jpg

f9dfbc12.jpg

I think the front end looks like it is missing something in the middle. I am not crazy about the lights either.

The rear end needs some serious work IMO.

Finally, I would like to see the car with more normal wheels and ride height. It just looks silly that low.

I can help answer some questions, i do work for Veilside USA as well. My name is Ray. The car debuted this month at the Tokyo Auto Salon, and took home the top award for the entire show.

In regards to the design, unfortunatly we cannot change anything as the design has already been completed. We do thank you for your comments on the design.

As for the wheels being tucked in, the car at the show was running on Ground Zero Air Suspension. If your not familar with the brand, they are one of the few Air Suspension with a tunable shock assembly built inside the air canister. This allows you to race with it. With normal ride height the wheels will not be tucked in so much.

The headlights are Hella projector lights, so they are DOT complient. The shape of the headlight may resemble a Celica headlight, but they are entirely different and are a sculpted into a totally new shape. A cover is absent from the headlights, so it will not have condensation problems. Because the factory NSX went through a minor change with the headlights, it was best felt that an entirely new headlight design should be made with the kit. The new headlight design accentuates the flow of the new lines of the kit.

The kit actually lightens the car. The kit is made of FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) FRP is lighter than Aluminum. Since it replaces all body panels of the car with the exception of the roof and rear hatch. The car weight will be cut down dramatically. Unfortunatly at this time I do not have the exact weight measurments. For a perspective insight, the fenders from our MR2S kit weight only 5-10lbs each.

The doors were used on our car for display, they will not come with the kit. However we can offer them for sale as well. The regular door hinges will work fine with the kit.

The color is a custom color mix, that was painted in house at Veilside Japan, so unfortunatly there is no code available.

I hope this answers most of the questions. Please feel free to ask more.

The doors were used on our car for display, they will not come with the kit. However we can offer them for sale as well. The regular door hinges will work fine with the kit.

Did you use a hinge kit on the doors? Or make your own?
How much would the hinge kit for the doors cost in USD?
How soon can we get a kit?
Thanks.

1) The kit looks nice. Will we be able to buy it in seperate pieces?
2) I like the front end but not the back.
3) Also is it gonna be made in polyurethane? I have had a car with a fiberglass kit in the front and after about a year of street driving it looks horrible. Cracks and rock chips all over.
4) What is the quality of your kit??? Can it handle normal street driving? The urethane kits handle street driving much better in my opinion....
5) I am interested in the lambo door conversions as well. when can we get it.....
6) Price is a big factor. 10k is high as well but if we can break down the kit in peices we want then that would be nice.
7) Over all the kit is excellent... agressive yet sleek. Can't wait till it comes out.

Okay, I am in the opposite end to the "liking" issue. For my personal taste, I say ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! SOS kits looks better!!!!! It looks toooo much like my sister's celica... again, ewwwwwwww!!!!:(

The kit is not urethane mainly because, it would not hold well and would be way too heavy. Urethane is basically like rubber, so the chemical properties are affected by weather conditions. During cold weather, the Urethane becomes brittle, and can break. Unfortunatly with Urethane, it cannot be repaired. During Hot weather, the Urethane becomes a lot more flexible, and can warp or lose shape. For small parts such as lip spoilers Urethane is great, for parts like fenders and bumpers, it's not always the best choice. There are positives and negatives to all materials.

For Veilside we feel that FRP is the best choice. If it is damaged it can be easily repaired by yourself, or by a body shop. It is light weight, and holds the shape very well. With anything there are various grades of fiberglass on the market. Cracking from normal use can be due to lower quality fiberglass, stress from an unproperly fitted part, or impact. Many of our customers use our kits on the road for daily driving and have not had any issues. I too have a car with full Veilside kit, including rear fenders. I have not had any issues from daily driving, or even the occasional curbing.

If your not familiar with VeilSide products, our reputation in the US has been built by customers and installers that were impressed with the quality and ease of installation. This kit, however will require more precise shops to install the parts, if they are misaligned on one part, it will throw off all the other parts. When designing the kit we use a 3D plotter to precisely measure each part to ensure that the gapping is even, the mirrored parts match exactly. Our tolerences are .5 mm. The holes on the bumpers are predrilled for precise fitment.

There would be no advantage to sell the parts individually, because they all require the next connecting part to mount. This is a wide body kit, so it will not match to the factory parts, nor will it match to other companie's body components.

10K-15K is not chump change by any means. We respect that the kit is not for everyone, however there are many parts to this kit, as every piece has been replaced with the exception of the roof and rear hatch.

The verticle doors on our car are prototype, we are waiting for the manufacturer to finish development for a bolt on kit, before we offer them for sale.

Last edited:
Unless there is an intercooler slot for the front nose, does it need to be stretched so far out? I have problems as is clearing driveways. I like the kit maybe with different wheels and offset.

The rear end seems to be a knockoff of the S7 which I am not a big fan of anyways.

I like this a lot more than the Veilside S2000 kit.

Tan

the pictures may have altered the length of the front bumper, however the front bumper is pretty reasonable in person, and you should not have problems with driveways.
I'm sure an intercooler could fit in there, however it would be a smaller sized one, as the front is not that big.

I was wrong however in regards to the headlight covers. There is a plastic cover on there.

I find it curious that the car retains no NSX styling cues. IN the US the NSX is a prestigious car so there seems to be no benefit to the NSX owner in disguising that fact.

As far as the syling goes, as an industrial designer, I appreciate the front end aesthetic but feel that the rear is a disaster with many awkward surface transitions. While it may have been derived from the 1988 (or '89) Pininfarina Mythos concept car, the rear of the stock NSX is it's most distinctive and attractive design element. The solution you have arrived at is neither unique nor attractive.

Not to cause any problems or anything, but when I called Veilside USA wanting to order some wheels for my car I did not get very good customer service and the person didn't seem very knowledgeable in regards to what works or not.

What type of customer service can we expect to receive if we purchase this kit and have fitment issues or questions? Is anyone there trained or knowledgeable when it comes to installation of this kit, or will there be by the time it is available to the public?

Unfortunatly at times we are limited with information that trickles down to us from Japan. We are not a company that focuses only on wheels, so specific offset questions or custom sizing issues cannot be answered immediatly. We do like to make sure that the information we give is completly accurate before giving an answer. When wheels are ordered for your car, our Japan office has all the data for fitment and can ensure the correct offsets are used for your car.

If there are questions for installation or issues, you can contact us at the office and we will be happy to help you with your unique situation, regardless if you purchased from a Veilside dealer, or non dealer. A installation guide will be available when production of the kit begins.

The car pictured is using 19x9 and 20x11 with a negative offset.

Hondaholic, hey there fellow ID. It's great to talk and hear the opinions of others with the same back ground.

As for the restyling of the car, of course the NSX is a classic design, however the purpose of the fortune kit is not to make a body kit to mildly change the appearance of the car by adding a different front bumper, yet it is a practice in design concept to completly transform a car. The canvas is an NSX, however the final painting is something totally different. Design elements can be found in other cars, however it is by no means a replication. The same could be said comparing the civic hatch back to a golf, or an Audi TT to a 350Z. They all share similar design elements, however the cars are very different.

It was mentioned that the car looks like a Saleen.
However I feel it is my opinion that it is similar in design to the pagani zonda. However it was by no means designed to emulate another car.

art_588_2_pagani%20zonda%20c%2012%2001.jpg

art_588_3_pagani%20zonda%20c%2012%2002.jpg

NSX.jpg

Swifty949 said:

It was mentioned that the car looks like a Saleen.
However I feel it is my opinion that it is similar in design to the pagani zonda. However it was by no means designed to emulate another car.
[/IMG]

Maybe you can fit that 7.3 L V12 from the Zonda in your NSX body kit. That will help it sell :)

Swifty 949

Thank you for your comments.
If your objective was to use the NSX as a canvas and completely transform the car, then you have more than succeeded.

Excuse me if I was not clear about my statement regarding similarity with the Mythos concept car. The similarity is between the Mythos and the original NSX taillamp and integrated spoiler treatment especially because Pininfarina worked on the original NSX concept and design. How much of their work made it into the production car is not clear to me.

The similarity with the Saleen I believe has to do with the way that raised fenders terminate at the tail and the large round inset lights. The center section of the tail drops in the center as well. Also there are horizontal elements in the bumper cover.

Poohbear:
The similarity with the Zonda I see mostly in the sculpting of the large front and rear fenders.

Swifty 949

Thank you for your comments.
If your objective was to use the NSX as a canvas and completely transform the car, then you have more than succeeded.

Excuse me if I was not clear about my statement regarding similarity with the Mythos concept car. The similarity is between the Mythos and the original NSX taillamp and integrated spoiler treatment especially because Pininfarina worked on the original NSX concept and design. How much of their work made it into the production car is not clear to me.

The similarity with the Saleen I believe has to do with the way that raised fenders terminate at the tail and the large round inset lights. The center section of the tail drops in the center as well. Also there are horizontal elements in the bumper cover.

Poohbear:
The similarity with the Zonda I see mostly in the sculpting of the large front and rear fenders.

Back