• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reputable body shop in SF south bay area?

Hi all,

I recently got a series of scratches on the bottom of the plastic rocker panel area after scraping against a concrete planter box in a parking lot... The plastic is slightly buckled and the surface is chewed up pretty good.

Even though its mostly on the underside (ie hard to see), I'd still like to either get it repainted or replaced. Im probably not going the insurance route, but I may have to if cost is greater than $1500.

Are there any bodyshops in the Santa Clara (SF south bay) that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:

Hi all,

I recently got a series of scratches on the bottom of the plastic rocker panel area after scraping against a concrete planter box in a parking lot... The plastic is slightly buckled and the surface is chewed up pretty good.

Even though its mostly on the underside (ie hard to see), I'd still like to either get it repainted or replaced. Im probably not going the insurance route, but I may have to if cost is greater than $1500.

Are there any bodyshops in the Santa Clara (SF south bay) that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

JoeSchmoe,

I am having some work done on my car (replace & paint hood, nose, quarterpanels) at Carlsen's in Palo Alto. I heard they do good work. The car should be ready in 4-6 weeks. If you want to wait that long, I'll be happy to let you know the result (or you can check it out in person).

Cheers,
BOb

Originally posted by byang:

at Carlsen's in Palo Alto. I heard they do good work. The car should be ready in 4-6 weeks.

Wow 4-6 weeks?!?!??! How can you live without your nsx for more than a month? J/K

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call and see how long it takes.

BTW, are these guys expensive or average?

Back