• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why did Comptech NSX only run a 13.0 sec 1/4?

In the 10,000 HP shoot-out, last year, the Comptech NSX with a high boost supercharger and other mods only ran a 13.0 in 1/4? I sure hope I can get better numbers than that with a CTSC!

Did they have trouble with the launch? NSX isn't easy to launch perfect. It took me awhile to learn.

Browsing through this site i found numbers as low as 12.3

What numbers can I expect with a regular boost kit on a 96?

ajks was getting consistent mid 12's (12.4's) with just a couple of moderate bolt ons... but i would guess he's a better driver than me...and that's witha 3.2 liter.. course, he also got 12.9+ with all motor with i think only headers or something like that... so may be the C/D driver sucked??

peiserg said:
ajks was getting consistent mid 12's (12.4's) with just a couple of moderate bolt ons... but i would guess he's a better driver than me...and that's witha 3.2 liter.. course, he also got 12.9+ with all motor with i think only headers or something like that... so may be the C/D driver sucked??

He, AJKS (John) is also spraying a NX wet shot 100 if memory serves me.once again:D N20!

RUSHIN said:
In the 10,000 HP shoot-out, last year, the Comptech NSX with a high boost supercharger and other mods only ran a 13.0 in 1/4? I sure hope I can get better numbers than that with a CTSC!

It's the driver! I ran a 13.2 at 107 with only Comptech Headers, K & N Filter Charger and a Dali Racing CF Big Gulp. That was on a night with 100% humidty. They dried the track twice that night before finally shuting it down due to the moisture in the air. I swear I was spinning all the way down the track! I'm guessing the Comptech NSX should be in the mid to low 12's, maybe a bit better with me driving!

There was a tuning day at the local drag strip yesterday. I wish I would have known. I would love to run my car just for fun.

A better measure of power which is somewhat more independent of a crappy launch is trap speed at the end of the 1/4

A stock NSX should run around 103-105MPH Trap (i believe).

what does the CTSC NSX do?

Gerry's turbo does 125+ in the 1/4.. i should think a CTSC car (even a targa) with high boost should still do 117 or so..

thoughts?

That car C&D tested also had a full body kit etc etc. I wonder how much weight that adds to the orginal car.

I think comptech was pretty dissapointed with their cars performance. Or at least it sounded that way in the article on the Super 4 challenge where their S2000 won.

The comptech also had a wide body kit and a bunch of other weight added to the car.

Also

Also remember that the stock 911 TT ran a 12.9 sec. 1/4 mi., when I have seen that car in the high 11's, low 12's, and the Z06 (12.8) & Viper also ran much slower times than normal. I think that the Comptech NSX could do very low/low 12's under better conditions.

Back