• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX scale models

Go to the "Distributors" page. For quick reference:

Wild About Wheels
215.322.7593 phone
215.942.7467 fax
[email protected]

To be very frank though, I find it easier and less expensive to buy them through eBay and/or Amazon.

FWIW, there's a rare white NA1 NSX-R Ebbro up for auction on eBay right now.

link?

thanks for the previous link

Go to the "Distributors" page. For quick reference:

Wild About Wheels
215.322.7593 phone
215.942.7467 fax
[email protected]

To be very frank though, I find it easier and less expensive to buy them through eBay and/or Amazon.

FWIW, there's a rare white NA1 NSX-R Ebbro up for auction on eBay right now.

Couldn't find any on Amazon, and Google turned up nothing for ordering from Wild About Wheeks. :frown:

I don't use eBay unless the item is out of production or only available on the 2nd hand market.

I'd doubt that "Wild About Wheels" has or would have a interweb site. Have you tried calling them at the phone # listed?

Is it just me or do the wheels on the hpi mirage nsx dont seem too proportional to a real nsx? they seems a bit larger then stock.

in my opinion it doesnt look good the way the wheels are...not too sure of the quality but it sure is expensive for such a small scale

The HPI Mirage NSX-R is very well done. Received it in the mail yesterday. Body proportions are as good as the new Ebbros and Kyoshos. The side intakes are more detailed and better defined than the aforementioned. Paint is good.

However the real stellar aspect is the interior. The center console, side door control panels, and the gauge/instrument panel are all painted in great detail. Engine bay is as well done as the new Ebbros and Kyoshos but the hatch and engine cover don't move. Very well done 1/43 model.

The HPI Mirage NSX-R is very well done. Received it in the mail yesterday. Body proportions are as good as the new Ebbros and Kyoshos. The side intakes are more detailed and better defined than the aforementioned. Paint is good.

However the real stellar aspect is the interior. The center console, side door control panels, and the gauge/instrument panel are all painted in great detail. Engine bay is as well done as the new Ebbros and Kyoshos but the hatch and engine cover don't move. Very well done 1/43 model.

Mind telling us where you purchased it? :wink:

Mind telling us where you purchased it? :wink:

No problem, Ben. Got it through eBay for about $150. I don't see another one on eBay though. I've also learned that HPI is releasing a 1/43 NSX-R GT in white and red. So I'll be on the lookout for those two as well.

HPI NSX-R GT. No release date known as of yet though.

45424_143418255698765_109282702445654_200754_1289047_n.jpg

45648_143418272365430_109282702445654_200755_7249561_n.jpg

45648_143418275698763_109282702445654_200756_4697458_n.jpg

I wish they'd show some professional shots of the interior.

The white and red HPI NSX-R GT's have been on eBay for about two weeks. I think I should be receving both of mine next week.

The white and red HPI NSX-R GT's have been on eBay for about two weeks. I think I should be receving both of mine next week.

How was the packaging on the ones you received? Brand new in box? Packed well?

How was dealing with the vendor?

Packaging has been great with the two vendors I use. The past few have included the plastic packing bag in addition to the regular ebbro/kyosho/hpi box.

I've only had one bad packing job and the dealer replaced the model quickly. Actually he didn't charge me for it after all was said and done.

Did you recieve these yet? I've been watching these for a bit and they look nice. I just picked up the Kyosho 1:18 Red Type S, and a 1:18 Orange Type S. I need these to round out my collection. Shame the Type S rims weren't a little darker:biggrin:

Did you recieve these yet? I've been watching these for a bit and they look nice. I just picked up the Kyosho 1:18 Red Type S, and a 1:18 Orange Type S. I need these to round out my collection. Shame the Type S rims weren't a little darker:biggrin:

Haven't received them yet, Mikey. But when I do, I'll be sure to post about it and maybe have some pics in this thread. I've been impressed with the quality of the HPI models so far so I'm crossing my fingers these will be good as well.

You've got a Uehara signed Ebbro Zanardi - I find it difficult to be sympathetic to your color lightened Type S wheels. :p

You've got a Uehara signed Ebbro Zanardi - I find it difficult to be sympathetic to your color lightened Type S wheels. :p

You got me there, plus the price was right! :biggrin:

A new entrant into the 1/43 scale NSX model field: Autorbit. It looks like they're limiting production to 150 examples. Price is $249 via eBay. Detail is extensive in every part of the car:

AT43001-09.jpg

AT43001-07.jpg

AT43001-Details-04.jpg

AT43001-Details-06.jpg

I haven't received the NSX-R GTs yet but will post a short of review of those and this one as soon as I receive them.

Wow, that guy did a great job on the ALL of the Spoon cars.

FWIW, HPI delayed shipping of the NSX-R GTs until November so I haven't received them. It looks like I'll get the Autorbit for the new HPIs. I've also heard rumors that HPI will be producing the Le Mans GT1 NSXs.

Looking for photos now...

Good pic of the HPI NSX GT1 model prototype:

100825114573813af784a507a4.jpg

and some more pics of the HPI NSX-R GTs:

1008251145b8350ec7b9ffd0ba.jpg

100825114559a3436c8bb0c209.jpg

1008251145e04e36a91e74d992.jpg

Rec'd the AutOrbit model on Friday. Hands down the best 1/43 limited production model so far. The detail is incredible. Comes with a "manual" and a certificate of authenticity.

The seller even gave me a bonus model: a Kyosho r35 GTR 1/43.

There are more available on eBay. I'd definitely pick one up if you haven't already.

Rec'd the AutOrbit model on Friday. Hands down the best 1/43 limited production model so far. The detail is incredible. Comes with a "manual" and a certificate of authenticity.

The seller even gave me a bonus model: a Kyosho r35 GTR 1/43.

I had been eyeing it up for quite some time, finally pulled the trigger based on your advice. Im awaiting it's arrival!

Im still on the hunt for more Kyosho 1/18's if anyone knows of any.:wink:

I do not have many NSX models but I do have a quite a few 1:18 scale diecasts, my favorite manufacturer is AutoArt hands down.

I ordered this one last night (google photo) but I plan on ordering all the others as time goes on.

2736886790_8d7f15a630.jpg

I did post this in the classifieds, but I wanted to ask in this thread too since it's more on topic...

...does anyone have a busted up 1:18th Kyosho NSX that they use as a parts car?

I recently picked up a 1:18th diecast Kyosho NSX with a "salvage title". :)

The car was damaged during a move or something. I'm looking for repair parts or a parts car so I can repair it.

I need the right (passenger) front wheel assembly (whole part that turns with the wheel), the left side (driver) outside door mirror (any color is fine, but the car I have is yellow), and the left windshield wiper.

If anyone has any Kyosho (or Jouef) NSX that is broken, or just has some broken parts laying around from a customization job, let me know what you want for the parts or a parts car.

Thanks,
G. Benton
[email protected]

Back