• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX scale models

Received the 1/43 Zanardi today and it's a "looker." Looks just like 43014 on the exterior except for the obvious paint and wheel color differences. Acura symbols in place of the "Hs." Engine cover is different as well as the interior.

However, it came w/o the box and I've just asked the seller for it...and contacted an Ebbro dealer about getting a replacement.

Let me repeat, I need that Zanardi and have virtually every ebbro 1:43 as well, Id be will to trade anything and have a sick collection as well. I want to stack that and my 92 red/black 1:18 and hard to find, in cases for the living room:biggrin: Finders fee, no case...whatever, I need that one.

Custom made 1/18 Resin :biggrin: Can be used as paperweight :tongue:

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 250
  • index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 254
I always thought there were only 50 units of this puppy :confused:.

No problem! I think he's incorrect but there's really no way to validate either way outside of a statement by either ebbro or Honda. And good luck w/ receiving anything from either of those.

Maybe I can get a contact from Honda Direct Marketing or maybe Mike can make some internal inquires. C'mon Mike...

No problem! I think he's incorrect but there's really no way to validate either way outside of a statement by either ebbro or Honda. And good luck w/ receiving anything from either of those.

Maybe I can get a contact from Honda Direct Marketing or maybe Mike can make some internal inquires. C'mon Mike...

It was NOT given to original owners:wink:

Looks like someone else can join the minature Zanardi ranks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360082325433&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

The listing says there were 150 made but everything I've ever read says that it was limited to the 50 original owners of the actual Zanardi NSX. Hmph.

Seller is from Hong Kong. Quite likely, there were only 50 "officially" made, but it's quite possible that the factory, or someone inside the factory in China made an "unofficial" run. The paper boxes might have been printed by Ebbro/Honda, and not at the factory that made the models, hence the lack thereof. I find it strange that he has a bunch of new ones w/o paper boxes, and that's the only explanation I can think of.

Happens all the time, where say, a name brand, say Nike (just an example that I pulled off the top of my head) commissions a run of 10000 pairs of shoes from the Chinese factory. The factory makes 20000, and after delivering 10000 to Nike, it sells the other 10000 in China for a price much lower than what Nike sells for essentially the same product, minus nice box/packaging.

Just picked up my very first model today......

JapanBizPics1099.jpg

I've spoken with the seller and he admits that he doesn't know exactly how many were made. He received two examples some time ago as a gift from an HK ebbro dealer and is selling both (I have one and the other one is up for sale now). Both he and the HK ebbro dealer state that they never see these on the market and will likely never get another for sale. He guarantees that the model is genuine and not an over-production run. I'm asking him why these don't include the paper boxes though I'm sure that's how he rec'd them from the HK ebbro dealer. I used to throw away the paper boxes on my ebbros too. :frown:

Of course, all of this cannot be validated either way. I'll keep you guys posted.

Finally had the chance to post up my collection of NSX and S2000 models...

My goal is to have every single color of NSX made and perhaps interior and exterior combinations. Eventually all of these models will be featured in my garage in a glass cabinet. Hopefully I can do this for all 91-01 and 02-05 bodied NSX's.

If someone knows where I can get a 2002+ Imola Orange NSX in 1:18 scale please let me know...

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

If someone knows where I can get a 2002+ Imola Orange NSX in 1:18 scale please let me know...

Great collection! As far as I know there is no 2002+ Imola 1/18 model. I suppose you could get one of the Motormax diecasts and have it painted by a professional model builder? I know someone that did that to get a Grand Prix White 2002+.

Great collection! As far as I know there is no 2002+ Imola 1/18 model. I suppose you could get one of the Motormax diecasts and have it painted by a professional model builder? I know someone that did that to get a Grand Prix White 2002+.

I guess I might have to find another +02 model in 1:18 and paint it...hmmm.

Close up of my 1/43 Zanardi:

zanardinsx.JPG

And the Trimuverate of Awesomeness:

trimuverateofawesomeness.JPG

Now I think I only need 43015 to complete the early model collection.

Thanks Romeo! The 43015 completed my early model collection. As requested, here's what I've got so far:

Ebbro_NSX_collection.JPG

Ebbro, Kyosho, etc, all 1/43. As you can see, I'm missing quite a few of the race NSXs but that'll all come in time.

Back