• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX scale models

The so-called "Zanardi" NSX by Ebbro is really just a Type S with LHD interior and in red color. The side markers are JDM and not a US model. If Mike the kid really wants such a car for the emotional link to his real car, repainting a Type S with the side markers sanded down is not a bad option.
Steve

Last edited:
The so-called "Zanardi" NSX by Ebbro is really just a Type S with LHD interior and in red color. The side markers are JDM and not a US model. If Mike the kid really wants such a car for the emotional link to his real car, repainting a Type S with the side markers sanded down is not a bad option.
Steve

Way to much work for me, Plus I want the Box/Stand setup:redface:I'll find one in due time.:wink:

Shawn- glad I could help complete your collection :biggrin:
you have the rarest Ebbro's around :cool:. Still need the Zanardi to catch up but no way I'd shell out $1600 for a 1/43 :eek::biggrin:

hmmm, Steve brought up a good point, wondering why the Zanardi (1/43) models came standard with side markers :confused:

Last edited:
Shawn- glad I could help complete your collection. You have the rarest Ebbro's around. Still need the Zanardi to catch up but no way I'd shell out $1600 for a 1/43.

Hmmm, Steve brought up a good point, wondering why the Zanardi (1/43) models came standard with side markers.

Thanks again, Romeo. I brought them all out, took the pic, and thought "Wow, this was a long time in the making." Finding a 43015 took forever.

Here's a pic of an original Ebbro Zanardi:

img_041017-3389.jpg

There are a bunch more in my gallery if anyone wants to make any comparsions.

IMG_0337.jpg

nice, i have this one as well! it's so detailed!

I should invest in a camera, but here are some crappy i-phone pics...It's about 1/3 of my collection:redface:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 177
awesome collection "The Kid", love to display my collection but my 2yr old would be all over them, he almost got a hold of Shawns 43015 :biggrin:

Shawn- nearly 8 years in NSX collection and Im still not complete, someday- I'll have a Zanardi like yours :biggrin:
amazing how Ebbro didnt build a specific mold for the Zanardi :confused:

Hi Ponyboy,
Can you look at the engine cover of your zanardi model to see if it has mesh cover. Last time I checked, Zanardi NSXs don't have mesh cover like JDM type-r and type-s.
The Zanardi model sold in JY has mesh engine cover...?????That's questionable?
So can this be fake? I mean, you can use a jdm type-s model and paint it red and some zanardi decals and call it a zanardi model?
Something to think about!!!

Below is picture from JY auction.

red_gt2000jp-img600x450-1230467905kxuzrb40237.jpg

Thanks again, Romeo. I brought them all out, took the pic, and thought "Wow, this was a long time in the making." Finding a 43015 took forever.

Here's a pic of an original Ebbro Zanardi:

img_041017-3389.jpg

There are a bunch more in my gallery if anyone wants to make any comparsions.

Hi Ponyboy,
Can you look at the engine cover of your zanardi model to see if it has mesh cover. Last time I checked, Zanardi NSXs don't have mesh cover like JDM type-r and type-s.

Good catch! I called my wife and asked her to look. My Zanardi doesn't have a mesh cover. Rather it has the solid cover with the raised center section. I'll confirm tonight and maybe take some pics.

The Zanardi model sold in JY has mesh engine cover...?????That's questionable?
So can this be fake? I mean, you can use a jdm type-s model and paint it red and some zanardi decals and call it a zanardi model?
Something to think about!!!

Mine very well could be a fake too but, so far, it checks out with available pics. It looks like the JY auction is an imposter. The only other fake Zanardi that I've seen didn't have the graph pattern on the model base and this one does. And this one doesn't have the correct engine cover. Wheels look a little too silver as well. Good catch

I have some 1:18 scale cars but I do need an NSX sebrinbg silver one:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00504.jpg
    DSC00504.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00503.jpg
    DSC00503.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 113
I have some 1:18 scale cars but I do need an NSX sebrinbg silver one:biggrin:

I've been looking for one of those as well. I have a Blue 2002 and a Red 1992 1:18 but want one that matches my car. I've thought about snagging another cheap NA1 and just repainting it.

A silver one will pop up every once in a while on ebay but they sell for $80+. It seems to be some rare european model that has a carpeted interior, etc so it is way fancy compared to the other cars I have.

Not as much of a collection as most have in here, but here's my little (office) "Shrine to the NSX and Honda" (oh yeah, and Domo:biggrin:)

Note: I may just own the largest authentic Acura logo in history...short of the ones on the front of the dealerships!:biggrin::biggrin:

DSCN4480.jpg

DSCN4470.jpg

DSCN4471.jpg

DSCN4482.jpg

DSCN4472.jpg

DSCN4473.jpg

DSCN4475.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought the Imola one last week here in HK... i'm still thinking if i should get the GPW NA1 TypeR

I just bought the Imola one last week here in HK... i'm still thinking if i should get the GPW NA1 TypeR

How's the quality? I ordered the Imola first as well too but am waiting on receipt to determine if Kyosho quality has improved.

Meh, who am I kidding - I'm going to buy the Type R version regardless. ;)

How's the quality? I ordered the Imola first as well too but am waiting on receipt to determine if Kyosho quality has improved.

Meh, who am I kidding - I'm going to buy the Type R version regardless. ;)

I got the white Type-S last year. I didn't realize there were a whole series of them. Quality is typical Kyosho - very good, but not perfect. I'm going to try to get the rest of them now. :smile:

They list, on eBay, from high $30s to low $40s.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Ben.

Back