• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX scale models

Shawn- glad I could help complete your collection :biggrin:
you have the rarest Ebbro's around :cool:. Still need the Zanardi to catch up but no way I'd shell out $1600 for a 1/43 :eek::biggrin:

hmmm, Steve brought up a good point, wondering why the Zanardi (1/43) models came standard with side markers :confused:

I finally got the missing piece to the collection, my Ebbro 1:43 model Zanardi, signed by the man himself! Uehara! I cant f'ing believe it! Im so excited! Im going nuts!:eek:

I finally got the missing piece to the collection, my Ebbro 1:43 model Zanardi, signed by the man himself! Uehara! I cant f'ing believe it! Im so excited! Im going nuts!:eek:

Congrats, Mike! Post up pics!

That's awesome! Now just get Zanardi to sign it as well.

How did you manage to pull that Mike?
Congrats

It was a gift from a guy at Honda, I was blown away when it came in the mail:eek:A very, very nice guy who will hopefully be joining our community soon enough:wink: It was the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me:redface:

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving NSX enthusiast. And now it completes your collection of Zanardi memorbilia.

Awesome, Mike. Very happy for you.:smile:

Very cool Mike!

Here's an update to my NSX scale model collection in pictures below...books now included too!

Books1.jpg

Books2.jpg

Models1.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

Rec'd the new Kyosho 1/43 Orange NSX Type S today. Very impressive. Looks like Kyosho changed their NSX molds/cast b/c this one is much better than their previous efforts. Better wheel detail, better interior, and the engine detail is the best I've seen in a 1/43 model. This one is even better than the Ebbros.

Buying the NA1 NSX-R version now. :smile:

Rec'd the new Kyosho 1/43 Orange NSX Type S today. Very impressive. Looks like Kyosho changed their NSX molds/cast b/c this one is much better than their previous efforts. Better wheel detail, better interior, and the engine detail is the best I've seen in a 1/43 model. This one is even better than the Ebbros.

Buying the NA1 NSX-R version now. :smile:

We need pics...Im searching for that one.

As promised

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 163
Jeez, Mike. Even I take better pics than that. ;) Are the sides of the box blank like mine?

Rec'd the Kyosho version of the NA1 NSX-R in Championship White. Just as good in detail as the Orange Type-S. Body looks better proportioned than previous Kyoshos. A mm wider than the Ebbro version too (at the rear wheels). Not so much brake detail. Good interior.

Have to say, I think they're the best mass produced 1/43 nsx models right now.

This 1/43 is rare. it's made by Honda Access in Japan. Limited Edition !

Have some background information on Red-N's 1/43. 1000 made total. Made by hand by Komori Yasuhiro and sold through Honda Access. Examples come on a plaque, in a nice black box, small booklet, serial number, and with a short description of the model maker.

Fairly rare. Worth around $400 with all of the above.

Hi Ponyboy,
I just noticed something odd about the side markers on your Zanardi.
Do you know why your Zanardi model has JDM side markers and USDM side markers? I thought Zanardis' only have USDM side markers (for US market).

Still looking for an Imola! :frown:

Erik - I too have been searching for a NA2 +02 Imola NSX and no one makes one unfortunately. Your best bet will be to order an Ebbro 1:18th I presume and re-paint it. That's what I'm doing. The only Imola Orange I have located is the one I have (pictured above) from Kyosho in 1:18th scale that is NA1.

You might be able to get 1:24th, 1:43rd scale in Imola Orange +02 but I doubt it.

:smile: Rosso

Attachments

• 8495.jpg
    8495.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 8736.jpg
    8736.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 9652.jpg
    9652.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 9685.jpg
    9685.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 9864.jpg
    9864.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 136
Erik - I too have been searching for a NA2 +02 Imola NSX and no one makes one unfortunately. Your best bet will be to order an Ebbro 1:18th I presume and re-paint it. That's what I'm doing. The only Imola Orange I have located is the one I have (pictured above) from Kyosho in 1:18th scale that is NA1.

You might be able to get 1:24th, 1:43rd scale in Imola Orange +02 but I doubt it.

Who needs a model when you had the real thing? :smile:

Who needs a model when you had the real thing? :smile:

Had...is the operative word. I'll get another soon...

The reason I have these models is for decoration purposes and its fun collecting different colors, etc. My original plan was to have every color in both NA1 (flip up) and NA2 (exposed) headlights but might be harder than I think.

Have some background information on Red-N's 1/43. 1000 made total. Made by hand by Komori Yasuhiro and sold through Honda Access. Examples come on a plaque, in a nice black box, small booklet, serial number, and with a short description of the model maker.

Fairly rare. Worth around $400 with all of the above.

They come in a variety of colors too. I've got a Kaiser Silver one.

Rec'd the '97 Avex Group JGTC NSX #18 1/43 Ebbro yesterday. Ebbro seems to have upped their game as well. Detail is amazing. Several interesting differences from previous models:

- steering wheel outer rim is painted red. Not the face, mind you, but the outer rim.
- Takata harness clearly labeled.
- speedometer with lettering.
- Actual writing all over the interior.
- better exhaust and brake detail.

Great model overall. Glad Ebbro is going old skool. Maybe they'll produce the Le Mans turbo NSX.

Last edited:
Back