• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does Mark Johnson steal from a friend who died last year....?

Ken:

Would it be possible for the NSXCA to send a certified letter to Mark, commenting on the concerns noted by various other members of the club, and asking him for a response? Since he was a sponsor of past NSXCA events, and obviously needs the NSX community to stay afloat, I think it would be appropriate for the club (to which we all pay dues) to try to stand up for the majority and help resolve these issues.

I'm not recommending that the club assumes any liability, or attempts to get restitution on behalf of those wronged. I simply think that if Mark were to receive a letter asking for a response, he might actually give the appearance of caring about his customers. I would think that the NSXCA only want members who support the NSX community and treat fellow members fairly 100% of the time. If he fails to respond to the request from the club, then his membership could be revoked and he shouldn't be allowed to sponsor any other official club events.

As you mentioned, these posts are only one side of the story....but if he refuses to respond to anything, that's the only side we're stuck with. Perhaps this would prompt him to reply.

Just my .02.

BTW, in court, if you are charged with a crime and fail to respond time and time again, you are eventually found guilty in absentia.

dnyhof said:
Can everyone at least agree on that? This is not just about Gerard getting Guus' money back but for everyone here (or not here) being taken care of like they should have been from the get go.

Sig said:
I believe that was the context of Ken's idea, though not explicitly stated. Certainly, a request that everyone is treated fairly by a vendor is reasonable.

I agree

Sig said:
I believe that was the context of Ken's idea, though not explicitly stated.
Actually, I thought I was fairly explicit:

Originally posted by nsxtasy
My primary objective would be to get restitution for Guus's estate (as well as for anyone else in other, similar instances).

I never gave him 1 cent in business, because of the bad P.R., but he did give me a free NSXPO T-shirt in person, so I guess I took him! :p

Seriously now. Buy your stuff C.O.D. with him due to his past. If he doesn't like that, screw him he burned his bridges already for respect in this community.

At least a couple of members finally have posted their reviews in his trader rating. It is always best to work within an existing system at the outset rather than expend time and effort trying to create other avenues of possible redress which will do little to give notice to potential future buyers.

Obviously, all those who have forwarded funds and have not received the goods are entitled to restitution. Each transaction should be itemized in the trader rating in order to let Prime members know exactly who was involved instead of having persons rant about problems they "heard about" involving others.

Letters to Dali, just like BBB complaints, are not going to result in any satisfaction to those who are owed money. There are still numerous NSX owners willing to do business with him because they have had successful purchases in the past. The only way to get restitution is to file a claim with the local court where he lives and obtain a judgment for the amounts owed. Yes, it takes time and effort but all of these posts and collateral threads will do nothing to get either the goods or a refund.

At a minimum, state your valid complaints in the trader rating to serve notice to all potential customers who will then be on their own if they choose to do business with him. Although it appears he runs Dali more as a hobby than a primary source of income, the lack of any new customer base growth may spur him to reconsider the manner in which he treats buyers. If nothing else, the lack of any new business should free him up to be able to attend to overdue orders.

Yes, that's the link where you can leave feedback.

To review feedback that others have left, use that link and then click on the number in parentheses, next to where it says "Trader Rating".

Someone wanna know how this story ended?
Well......good, I hope.

Resume:
In year 2002/2003/2004 I had contact with all people named into that old thread.
Marc Johnson, owner of DaliRacing and the dutch guys
Guus Todt and Gerard van Santen, which I knowed from the yearly NSX Days in Spa/Francorchamps (Belgian F1 track)

Maybe some of you know that I had business relationship with DaliRacing/ Marc Johnson at that time, but it ended that Í sended him lot of big parts like hoods and spoilers and I dont got the money back til today.
So I speak about a number with 5 digits in Euro!
Ironically, he still have my parts listed at his webside, even 10 years after he got last shipment from me. :smile:

Beginning of year 2004, I heard from Gerard van Santen, that DaliRacing got money from Guus Todt for parts ordering, but Guus died into the meanwhile and Marc hold the money.

I contacted Marc and forced him to send this money over.
I withdraw the money for Guus at my bank at 2nd september 2004 before I got Dali's refund for Guus weeks later.

I meet Gerard van Santen himself in Belgium (Spa/Francorchamps) at 3th september 2004 and gave him cash money for Guus' family.

I could have taken that money for balancing parts of my claims, but I didnt.

So, If I ever will meet Guus sometime (hopefully in heaven) we are still friends :smile:

Back