• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does Mark Johnson steal from a friend who died last year....?

Fellow Primers.

I never wanted to say something negative about Mark Johnson and his business.

Mark was considered to be a friend Guus Toth (a personal friend who died last year october) and a business friend of me.
Last summer Guus ordered a set of Volk wheels from Mark and Guus paid for it in advance. Guus never got the wheels.

After Guus died, his family asked me to take care of some things in behalf of the family. So I came across the ordered and paid for wheels.

I asked Mark about the wheels. He said he had some delivery problems and he confirmed that Guus had paid for the wheels.

So I asked Mark to return the money to the family because Guus and his family were in no need for these wheels. And because he never delivered I thought it was for both parties the best way to go.

Since februari I e-mailed Mark several times. He never answered me. Even a PM on Prime he never answered.

I have waited a long time to write this down. Guus was one of my best friends and a well known member of this board.

I hope Mark will read this thread and give a reaction. If he doesn't, I think he will have a problem.

First he will loose all or most of his clients in Europe and second I will take legal actions on behalf of the family and perhaps ask the family of Guus to claim his two race NSX's (Norcini and Hahne NSX) that are here in Europe.

I know that there are more European NSX-friends who have problems with Mark.

My problem is, that I never had problems with Mark untill now. I bought for a lot of $k from him. If Mark doesn't have a good explanation for not answering my e-mails and for not returning the money to the family of Guus, he has gone to far.

Sorry for opening a thread like this.

Gerard

Guus Toth

Attachments

• guus.jpg
    guus.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,087
Last edited:
More Proof

I knew the NSX community would not let me down. The "real" Mark is being exposed. Can you imagine having the gall to prey on someone who has passed away. I really think people should PM each other to organize a way of confronting the guy who has cheated them. After hearing about this allegation it makes me wonder what else could be hiding in the closet.

Maybe this is how Mark finances his race cars??? I have no doubt that what goes around will come around. NSX owners are very passionate people and I would not sleep well at night knowing the actions I have taken against fellow NXSers.

:eek:

Of course! He's already done that many times and again!!!

Gerard van Santen said:

First he will loose all or most of his clients in Europe and second I will take legal actions on behalf of the family and perhaps ask the family of Guus to claim his two race NSX's (Norcini and Hahne NSX) that are here in Europe.

I know that there are more European NSX-friends who have problems with Mark.

My problem is, that I never had problems with Mark untill now. I bought for a lot of $k from him. If Mark doesn't have a good explanation for not answering my e-mails and for not returning the money to the family of Guus, he has gone to far.

Gerard,
Mark has already STOLEN from Guus but just now he got caught. I think it is much easier to steal from a deceased person than from a live one. Don't you think? It is just so typical of Mark taking people's money and fails to deliver the goods. Mark again has proven himself a shameless individual. So what if Mark this time finally coughs up the money due to the things you mentioned at stake? Will he redeem himself? I know you have been very supportive of Mark all this time, but I hope you finally realize the true Mark. I also have the pleasure to have known Guus. I met him at NSXPO1999. If you've ever seen his HyperRev NSX magazine, I sold that to him during that event.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
I dont know what to say...

This is just, despicable! :mad:

SICKENING!!! Maybe one of M.J's fans will reimburse the family!

Maybe they will tell you that Marks email system is down. I've heard that one many times.

Good Luck
This one takes the cake!
Paul M

...and the house of cards begins to fall.

blackcat said:
I really think people should PM each other to organize a way of confronting the guy who has cheated them.

I agree...how much info do we have avail for Mark/Dali? Besides an email address I have no other information. What are some address and phone numbers?

Search For MJ

Maybe he is hiding in a cave in Afghanistan plotting evil thoughts.....

How many of his supporters will offer a direct line to MJ??? If he is such a great businessman he should have no problem explaining himself to the people who have been inconvenienced.

Gerard - I am very sorry to hear that this happened. I studied in Rotterdam in 1971 for a year and found the Dutch people I met to be very upstanding and honorable. Infact, I married a Dutch woman from Mijdrecht.

With regard to Dali, I have only ordered a large, front brake air deflector and it arrived promptly. HOWEVER, when it came time to buy a new suspension (NSX-R) and spend a significant amount of money, the difference between his website and that of Science of Speed said everything to me. I am 62 years old and life has taught me that professionalism and quality says a lot and is worth paying extra for.

I am appauled by what happened to your friend.

This whole episode is pretty despicable. :mad: I myself have ordered from Dali before (set of oil filters) but I believe I said before that I'm not planning on sending my business his way anymore. It's just one episode after another. Regardless of who's gotten good service or bad I find it surprising that some NSX community members would rather stand by a vendor who for lack of a better word ripped off fellow members. That's like someone from outside your family beating up your brother for no reason and then you saying, I've never had problems with him, why are you?
It makes no sense that people continue to support Dali and the way they do business so that others can be taken advantage of.

I don't care if Dali's got the best prices, I'll spend more on a part if I know it's going to a reputable dealer. Come on people, you know it's the right thing to do to support your NSX family. :cool:

Although I've ordered a few items from Dali in the past with good results, my (now negative) opinion is formed by the fact that Mark never responds to these threads against him. Does he feel guilty, or does he just not care? Is it something else? Either way, I don't believe I will buy anything from him again.

Olde Guy - I agree. Professionalism and quality will earn my business every time.

NSXCA membership for MJ

I recently joined the NSXCA and it bothers me that MJ is allowed to be a member when he has all of these allegations against him. If these allegations are true, (I believe) he should not be allowed to come to these events.

This would prevent a person from causing damages to the NSXCA members.

Is there anything in the charter that allows the NSXCA members to vote on banning a fellow member? Lets put the FACTS together and then ban the man or confess we had the choir boy all misunderstood.

Those with a bad experience should post it in his trader rating. He has a positive rating and no one has posted any negative comments about their transactions.

Is there anything in the charter that allows the NSXCA members to vote on banning a fellow member?

Yes.

The bylaws of the NSXCA contain a provision whereby a current member not in good standing with the club and the community can have their membership revoked. No membership = no NSXPO, among other perks.

Any currently paid member of the NSXCA can petition the club's Board to eject another NSXCA member. Depending on how busy the Board is at the time, a decision is typically rendered within a couple of weeks, then the deciding action is executed.

MJ knows this, as he used to be a Board member.

:eek: This is terrible. Seriously, isn't there anyone on Prime that knows Mark personally and lives in the same town that might be able to assist? If there is any common decency, I want to believe that this is some sort of mistake and not malicious. If not, then serious action needs to be taken including litigation, suspension from Prime, revoking memberships, etc.

There is nothing slimier than preying on the elderly or the deceased. Please tell us this is a mistake Mark.:rolleyes: It is time to speak up and come out of hiding.

Andy, as a paid NSXCA member how do I/we get the ball rolling on the petition?

AndyVecsey said:
Is there anything in the charter that allows the NSXCA members to vote on banning a fellow member?

Yes.

The bylaws of the NSXCA contain a provision whereby a current member not in good standing with the club and the community can have their membership revoked. No membership = no NSXPO, among other perks.

Any currently paid member of the NSXCA can petition the club's Board to eject another NSXCA member. Depending on how busy the Board is at the time, a decision is typically rendered within a couple of weeks, then the deciding action is executed.

MJ knows this, as he used to be a Board member.

He won't even respond to emails regarding a $255 harness belt...I wouldn't hold my breath for him to respond to 2-3k worth of wheels.

jlindy said:
:eek: This is terrible. Seriously, isn't there anyone on Prime that knows Mark personally and lives in the same town that might be able to assist? If there is any common decency, I want to believe that this is some sort of mistake and not malicious. If not, then serious action needs to be taken including litigation, suspension from Prime, revoking memberships, etc.

There is nothing slimier than preying on the elderly or the deceased. Please tell us this is a mistake Mark.:rolleyes: It is time to speak up and come out of hiding.

The last couple of years Mark attended the last race of the NSX Trophy in Spa Franchorchamps. Untill last year (Guus was to ill to take care of things for Mark all by himself) Guus arranged shelter for Mark and took care of his race cars (over the last years). Guus even paid for a lot of expenses made on behalf of Mark. Guus considered Mark as a personal friend.

Since the last race at Spa Mark his race cars are taken care of by a German friend of us.

I don't understand why Mark doesn't respond. He didn't even read my PM. I know he was online after sending the PM. I hope there is plausible explanation for all this. And if so I'll be the first to say sorry.

Gerard van Santen said:
The last couple of years Mark attended the last race of the NSX Trophy in Spa Franchorchamps. Untill last year (Guus was to ill to take care of things for Mark all by himself) Guus arranged shelter for Mark and took care of his race cars (over the last years). Guus even paid for a lot of expenses made on behalf of Mark. Guus considered Mark as a personal friend.

Since the last race at Spa Mark his race cars are taken care of by a German friend of us.

I don't understand why Mark doesn't respond. He didn't even read my PM. I know he was online after sending the PM. I hope there is plausible explanation for all this. And if so I'll be the first to say sorry.

That really stinks. Sounds like someone likes to take advantage of people who are trust worthy and/or kind.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gerard van Santen said:
Come on Gerard! You know why he does not respond to you. Same reason that he does not respond to people he ripped off. The guy does not give a shit at all, don't you see?! If he had a conscience, he would have sent the money back to Guus BEFORE he passed away. It saddens me that you are still so skeptical about the true nature of Mark Johnson even KNOWING how Guus treated Mark and what Guus got from Mark. What about all these people who have gotten ripped off by Mark? I doubt any of them are lying to defame this "awesome" vendor! Mark is a thief. You know it, I know it and so do many people on this board.
Steve

I don't want to thread hijack here, but could I ask those who've gotten good service from Dali why they are willing to stand up for him as opposed to fellow NSX'rs? I guess I may see things differently than those on here, but I look at owning an NSX as belonging to a family, I would look at vendor (regardless of if they own an NSX) as being outside that family, so why do so many of you continue to support someone who's taken advantage of a family member? That's really as simple an example as I can come up with, I curious, anyone out there have the guts to explain why you won't stick with us?

The numbers of those taken advantage are in the minority no doubt, but there's substantial enough evidence that more than a handfull are being taken for some big bucks (i.e. RIMS).

I'll wait patiently for someone to speak up as to why you aren't with us.
:rolleyes:

Just for the point of argument, maybe many others do not share your family analogy.

And to sit at your keyboard challenging people seems pointless.

No flame intended, but there must be a more productive way for you guys to proceed than insulting people whom have had positive dealings with MJ.

Not the most effective way to gain support.

BOL

Just for the point of argument, maybe many others do not share your family analogy.

If you don't, I wouldn't expect help from anyone else on this board if you get ripped off by a vendor. Just out of curiosity, would you trust Dali with $2000 right now after reading what you've read? I wouldn't.

I look at it this way, I had a great experience with him on my one and only order, I was fully prepared to order next time since things went so well. But then I had what I'd call a crisis of conscience, I asked myself, do I want to support someone who has taken advantage of a fair ammount of fellow NSX owners/car enthusiasts? My answer didn't take that long to formulate, NO!

I'm just seeing what I would say are the true natures of some people out there who won't go very far to support members of this board, NSXCA, or NSX owners in general. If I was able to personally get a hold of MJ then I would and I'd get him to take care of those who sent him their hard earned cash, but I can't, so therefore I'm calling for others to band togather to make him hear us.

As for there being a productive way of accomplishing something I agree on the NSXCA ban. I'll support whatever we can come up with because too many people are getting ripped off. I can see a vendor having 1, 2 or maybe three issues with customers who are pain in the necks, but at least explain and defend the issue you are having. He's done nothing of the sort to get the community to put their faith back in him. Therefore I personally think he's looking like the bad guy here, so we as a community should deal with this once and for all and end it. I say ban him.
Unless someone else has a better idea.

No flame intended, but there must be a more productive way for you guys to proceed than insulting people whom have had positive dealings with MJ.

By the way, how was what I asked someone to do an insult?

I don't want to get into a battle with you and the others that feel they have been wronged.

You seem to think everyone must agree with you.

But when you question people's guts, that would be an insult to some.

Good luck.

I don't want to get into a battle with you and the others that feel they have been wronged.

I havn't been wronged, but feel that it's the right thing to do to stick up for those that have been. I'm just having a hard time grasping how some people can defend someone who is so clearly in the wrong. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but I doubt I am.

But when you question people's guts, that would be an insult to some.

Yes I suppose it could, but so far no one has defended why they won't stick with those wronged so I an only guess that they too agree in their mind that what he's done and is currently doing is unacceptable to this community.

As I'm sure not many check this vendor forum as compared to the General forum I wish more people would speak up, I'm getting sick of seeing the lack of support here for those wronged, too many people just chime in and say, he didn't get me, so who cares. Maybe that is the best response to bad vendors, anyone agree?:rolleyes:

Back