• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen Race Trailer

Race Trailer

Saturday night our race car trailer was stolen in the San Diego area. Someone hooked up to it a towed it away. If you guys can be on the look out for someone selling 18x18 Kinesis wheels with Pirelli slicks on Ebay or anywhere else I would appreciate it. The car was not in the trailer but a ton of spare parts and tools were (jacks, stereo, compressor, Honda generator, set of spare wheels and 8 slicks, complete radios system, and many more things. I just figured I would post this in case they try to sell any of the NSX parts to someone in the NSX community. Thanks!
Trevor

Last edited:
AATA said:
Saturday night our race car trailer was stolen in the San Diego area. Someone hooked up to it a towed it away. If you guys can be on the look out for someone selling 18x18 Kinesis wheels with Pirelli slicks on Ebay or anywhere else I would appreciate it. The car was not in the trailer but a ton of spare parts and tools were (jacks, stereo, compressor, Honda generator, set of spare wheels and 8 slicks, complete radios system, and many more things. I just figured I would post this in case they try to sell any of the NSX parts to someone in the NSX community. Thanks!
Trevor

Damn! :mad:

I'm sorry for your loss Trevor. If I see anything listed on Ebay or any of the other auction sites, I'll let you know.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the theft, Trevor. While I would imagine you are insured for it, I can imagine that piecing everything back together will take a lot of time. Do you have any pics of the trailer and parts in it that you can share so that people can be on the lookout?

I'm so sorry to hear about this, dam low lifes :mad: A photo might help locate the trailer. Good Luck

I'll be on the lookout on the various Honda forums I peruse. Sorry that happened. :(

Pics would be helpful.

Trev,

that really sucks!! I hope they catch the bastards. I think you should not post to too many forums, as if they see it, they will sit on it. I think you should email as many people in private lists especially in Southern California Area for a lookout for possible items on sale.

I assume you notified the police asap? A couple of years ago, someone I know had his race car stolen and they caught it when trying to cross the border.

If you can give out the description of the trailer, that would be great. I'll post it up on some private mailing list I'm on.

Thanks for all the kind words and offers. We are renting a helicopter to fly around the area it was stolen to look for it. A 28' white trailer should be easy to spot if it is around the area. We have a feeling that whoever took it lives around the area because the trailer was off all main roads. The trailer was a 28' EXISS (white) enclosed trailer. Below I have attached some photos. You are right KGP it won't be easy to replace all the parts and tool collected over the past 5-6 years. Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Trevor

Here is the inside of the trailer

Attachments

• inside of trailer.jpg
    inside of trailer.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 676
Can you be more specific as to what parts (NSX) were stolen. I will keep a sharp eye as I am on the west coast.

Good luck finding the trailer. Please keep us posted.

nsxparts.com said:
Can you be more specific as to what parts (NSX) were stolen. I will keep a sharp eye as I am on the west coast.

Good luck finding the trailer. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the offer, but there really weren't a lot of NSX specific parts in the trailer. Almost everything stolen was aftermarket parts and supplies that you would bring to a track event. I'm not sure how many cars the wheels would fit on other than the NSX, but I figured I would mention them.
Trevor

Good luck with retrieving your trailer, i hate to hear this type of news. Keep an eye out for suspicious people around the tracks as they are always scoping new victims, especially in car parks. Maybe check security cameras?

May the culprits spontaneously combust in the most painful way possible :)

damn that sucks bro. now imma be scanning for that trailer when im driving around SD. hope the cops recover real soon.

For all of us in OC, LA, and SD on the lookout what is the license # or markings on the trailer?

There really aren't to many of these trailers around. It is a new style that has been out for around 2 years and I have never seen another one. The only sticker we have on the trailer is an OTC sticker (it is black and says OTC in white with a little orange on it). I don't know the license # but it is at the very top of the trailer on the back (they probably took this off though). No luck on the helicopter ride either.
Trevor

Found Trailer

Just thought I would give an update so your guys don't continue to look for our trailer. The highway patrol called and said they found it yesterday. The thiefs must have agreed that the wheels would be the easiest thing to identify because they took everything out of the trailer except the wheels and tires. They went so far as to cut the light plug off, cut the safety chains off, and took everything else but the wheels and tires. The trailer was just left on the side of the 94 on the way to Tacate. Thanks again for all the replies and offering to help find it.

bittersweet congrats on finding your trailer:) :(

Hopefully karma catches up with those responsible and bites them on the arse.

Spare Parts

Trevor, anything unusual about the spare parts we might look for to help locate the scum?

On something like this will they take fingerprints? I doubt they would of worn gloves when they were inside the trailer and they probably also have their fingerprints on file from previous incidents.

I had a radar detector stolen in a local town where they broke the window and grabbed my Valentine a couple years ago and they actually came out and checked for fingerprints. I was very surprised they went to this much effort on such a small incident that was probably done by a kid.

Yours sound like it was done by professional thiefs and they would want to get them off of the street. I hope everything works out for you.

Take care!

They didn't take finger prints. I thought they would but they didn't want to. My guess is the parts are in Mexico by now, so it's not worth looking for them. They will get caught sooner or later if the keep it up.

Back