• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx showcar build up part 1

As some of you may know i'm building a showcar and thought some may be interested in following the rather large task of modifying the NSX for show. I've listed cost involved where possible (as some parts/labour are/will be sponsored) also for those who want an idea of what they are in for, if they are planning something similar. So for the past few years i have been madly buying nsx parts and watching my apartment become increasingly smaller!

I began planning in 2002, comprising of design, parts and moving to Japan! (I'm addicted to modifying :D)

Still yet to come in the next month are the +02 lights on my next trip to the dealer, science of speed goodies (thanks guys), tein suspension, zees ex exhaust, taitec headers and the rest of the stereo equipment (waiting for shipment), front and rear tower bars and the cantrell concepts air intake.

wMzYyNTI0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

In this pic is the marga hills front bumper 125,000yen
Margahills side skirts 80,000yen
Yokota wide front fenders 98,000 yen
Gruppe m mirrors 128,000
Backyard special type r bonnet 160,000yen
clear indicators and blue led washers.

Last edited:
wMzYyNTI2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

In this pick is the 02+ rear valance 58,000yen
Taitec wide rear fenders 148,000yen
Voltex carbon fibre gt wing 126,000yen
Marga hills boot spoiler 70,000yen
I's impact carbon fibre intakes 50,000yen

Last edited:
wMzYyNTI1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

For the interior the whole lot will be retrimmed and custom stereo work and also
Sparco torino seats x2 + taitec rails
apexi boost guage and 'a 'pillar pod
Momo steering wheel (rapid hub coming in the mail!)
Momo gearknob
Autovation pedals
Dvd surround system
pionner ampsx2
rear splits
front splits and bullett subwoofers (in the mail!)

Lots of other parts and custom modifications are coming later in the building process.
Next update september/october.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!
That is everything that is on my Christmas list. :D
Can't wait to see more pic's.

AJ.. you posted without telling me! :eek: oh man... you know i've been hanging out for some pix. :D
can't wait to see what you'll do after what you've told me via email.... oh....but that secret is safe with me. ;) :D

dude! Now thats a collection can't wait to see it when I'm there in 3 weeks!!!

Can't wait to meet up with yas and party and look for NSX stuff..

wow, I'm sure its going to look nice.

AJ.. you posted without telling me! oh man... you know i've been hanging out for some pix.

Yah, instead of private email updates i thought i'd share with anyone interested, the other stuff i told you i'll keep to my and your self:D Its how the parts are arranged that will knock your socks off, when you see it ;) Its been awhile coming, you have no idea how long it took to unpack this stuff for piccies :eek:! Gos without saying i'm taitecs new best friend in Japan :p I need a hotline like batman...........actually i have one!

wow! i would love to see that under my tree christmas morning!

I see it every morning, i practically sleep on the boxes! Nothing like the smell of fibreglass in the morning! Yah i breathe car modding;)

dude! Now thats a collection can't wait to see it when I'm there in 3 weeks!!!

There will be bit more by the time you get here :) How about filling in my trader rating profile nsxbox, ta :)

no blue led lights!!! (wait, the windshield washer type???)

Sorry brian, they are blue neon led lights! I'm researching some new lighting systems just released for under the car and in the car, when its themed right it looks awesome trust me. I've loved neons for years (back when the were only seen on hotrods and there was no 4cyl scene)

HOLY GOD, BAD ASS!
hehe looks like your little one in the avator is saying it, nice one! Thanks, wait 'till you see whats next:p

Thanks to everyone on the board for keeping me motivated! (especially you vendors! damn you!:p)Its a tough slog the car wont be ready/completely finished until early 2007:(:)

Last edited:
Good God, I hope at least some of those parts were bday gifts. :eek:

So what's the ETA to the finished project?

I agree on the underbody's done tastefully. I had red ones on my kandy apple red mustang and it looked gorgeous. Great accent...just make sure they're tucked way under the panels and you can't see the actual lamps from the sides and stuff...just light up the ground below! :)

can't wait to see it!

Whats a boot spoiler ?

I hope you take pictures of the marga hills bumper install.... I have heard its a nightmare to install. A FAQ on how you accomplish this would be a great contribution to nsxprime. :D

Whats a boot spoiler ?

A boot is what you American fellas would call a 'trunk' :)

I hope you take pictures of the marga hills bumper install.... I have heard its a nightmare to install. A FAQ on how you accomplish this would be a great contribution to nsxprime.

I'm aware of the problem, but have faith in my crash repairer and will post pics of each stage of development for reference :) It has to be modded anyway to delete the original blinkers and and reshape to fit the new lights.

just make sure they're tucked way under the panels and you can't see the actual lamps from the sides and stuff...just light up the ground below!

Exactly, good to see you have the same eye for detail! I also make custom shrouds for the front bumper, so the light cannot be seen shining through the front grill, only below. Same set up as my crx show car on my website.

Good God, I hope at least some of those parts were bday gifts.

I wish, i've had to pay for everything i've wanted and suffer to get it. I was not lucky enough to be born into money :(I allocate my budget to the car then live of the remaining money for the rest of the month, self imposed restrictions and patience got me what you see here (and a good job ;)) see university does pay!

The car should be ready to debut at the tokyo auto salon or similar show late 2006 early 2007. As painting, stereo and wheels will take up a year easily if my last car was anything to go by.

whoa, you have alot of work to do now with all them goodies! wish i had ur dillema.

I can get a 91- to 94 for 1,500,000yen so whatever my car dealer finds, that'll be it. :)

whoa, you have alot of work to do now with all them goodies! wish i had ur dillema.

This was the easy part getting everything done to my specifications/expectations is going to be the nightmare! Especially when its in Japanese:p

Last edited:
Hey Aaron

i think the cat is out of the bag and you are going to have to reveal the extent of your mods. I wan to know everything you plan.

Looking good so far.

The way its assembled is the secret, plus some stuff i won't mention yet ;), next update sept/oct, thanks for the comments :)
Aaron J.

Ha ha ha! LOL!!! This all sounds very familiar. I've sold back half of the stuff you have bought because of fitment issues and such. Good luck. I start my project soon as well. We should have some comparable photos by the time we are done.

So wait a second....you bought all of that stuff and still have not bought the actual car, aj?? HAHAHA!!! That is awesome!! The sickness has you now. :D

So wait a second....you bought all of that stuff and still have not bought the actual car, aj?? HAHAHA!!! That is awesome!! The sickness has you now. :D

Ha ha ha! LOL!!! This all sounds very familiar. I've sold back half of the stuff you have bought because of fitment issues and such. Good luck. I start my project soon as well. We should have some comparable photos by the time we are done.

Sorry to hear about your fitment issues, all the cars i've done everything had to be/was modified including cutting a front bar in half and putting it back together. The shops here are use to custom work (read:remodelling)

So wait a second....you bought all of that stuff and still have not bought the actual car, aj?? HAHAHA!!! That is awesome!! The sickness has you now

Yep, otherwise i would have to pay for a parking space that wouldn't be used (hasnt been for the last two years) and shaken (registration for two years) for a car that would be sitting there. Much cheaper this way. Lastly, stock cars don't do it for me :p

The sickness thing is genetic! i was brought up at the local speed way (uncle and father raced sprint cars/dunebuggies/go-karts) and car shows. I'm a dedicated lad :D

Back