• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

engine question

Does anyone know if an engine out of a 1994 NSX would go directly into a 1991. I have a 1991 5spd . Also the motor is JDM and I don' t think that would matter but you never know. My last question is the engine the same whether the transmission is auto or manual. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping for a direct drop in. (my engine was overheated).

Thanks in advance

Wade

Engine will install with no problem. Engines are same between stick and A/T except A/T has less HP but same block. Good Luck

what is the HP difference and would there be any way (other than the sellers word) to tell if the engine was for a manual or automatic car. If there was a lot less power I don't think I would be happy. The engine is from Japan and the company selling did not actually take it out of the car.

The 5-spd 3.0L engine is rated at 270 bhp and the automatic 252 bhp. It would be possible to swap some components from old to new engine to bring it to 5-spd spec. If you need any help with that, feel free to give us a call.

bizman said:
what is the HP difference and would there be any way (other than the sellers word) to tell if the engine was for a manual or automatic car. If there was a lot less power I don't think I would be happy. The engine is from Japan and the company selling did not actually take it out of the car.

Back