• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche 997.. first look

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=03755179

It looks pretty close to the current car IMO. There are interior shots elsewhere on the net.

The engines sound good.

"The Carrera retains the 3.6-liter engine, but electronic engine management revisions boost power by 10 hp to 325 hp at 6800 rpm, while torque stays at 273 lb-ft at 4250 rpm. For the Carrera S, increased bore pushes the engine to 3.8 liters, with 355 hp at 6600 rpm, and torque topping out at 295 lb-ft at 4600 rpm. Porsche plans to upgrade the 911's engine to incorporate direct-injection, but this is three years away, according to AutoWeek sources"

Looks a ton better... hopefully they straightened out the interior while they were at it.

better headlights

I'm glad to see that they brought back the round headlights and will go away from the Boxter style headlights. Its going to look like a 911 again.

here is the inside... it looks OK at best... the clock is tragic!!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 665
The shifter and wheel look like crap, and what' up with the phone??? Also the dash looks like the 993

NetViper said:
here is the inside... it looks OK at best... the clock is tragic!!

the angular dashboard reminds of the all metal dashboards of yesteryear, valiants, zephyrs and fj holdens. Not liking at all.

The clock/ timer thing looks like it was an aftermarket add on, but less well done.

Agreed, 2 thumbs up on the exterior styling. Interior styling is not straying far from the 996 whichis neutral IMO. The shifter looks like the classic knob going back 2+ decades. I would prefer to see a more modern, slick shifter but I guess it is a retro cue in that respect. Overall, this car is a step in the right direction. I might be able to see owning one in a few years, reliability-permitting.

Bring back the 993!

Really like it but need a less angular steering wheel and last time I checked it was 2004 not 1994... get that f'n phone out of there.

Back