• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

About 2 years ago there was a 409,000 mile red NSX for sale in California.

290k.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337038009.060188.jpg

Oh. Wrong thread? ;) thought I'd add one from the opposite end of the spectrum - a tribute to the potential that lay ahead for my current NSX.

Gotta love these things, built like ...aluminum out-houses.

Last edited:
Soon Hugh, soon!
Maybe we could have a local NSX get together for the monumental number?

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
So for you 200k+ guys, especially you 300+ guys - have you done anything besides scheduled maintenance and the usual stuff (cracked radiator maybe - that sort of thing)? Anything with the engine internals, transmission?

Hey, give me a break....it IS after all the most I've had on my NSX! :D

94' red/red 86,844 miles and a dead clutch has been my only issue
And yes those are miles, car originally was from Florida, guy bought it from Ontario, he got married with a kid on the way so he sold it to me and now it has a new home in Quebec.

Last edited:
So for you 200k+ guys, especially you 300+ guys - have you done anything besides scheduled maintenance and the usual stuff (cracked radiator maybe - that sort of thing)? Anything with the engine internals, transmission?

My car had a lot of deferred maintenance when I bought it, and aside from getting all of that caught up, I have had to replace the head gaskets. However, I'm convinced that it was the previous-owner's lax maintenance that contributed to one of the gaskets devloping a flaw. That said, it was a 3 day track weekend that preceded the failure.

The reciprocating assembly (crank bearings, rods, pistons, etc.) is still untouched at this point.

Normal maintenance for me. Oil/filter change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles using only Amsoil and Auto-Rx.

My engine was still within factory specs when it was rebuilt into its new evil incarnation.

I'm on my way to high mileage. Bought my NSX with 74K on it. I'm currently at 90K and haven't even owned my car for over a year yet lol. I don't know how some of these guys can own such an awesome car and only put 1K on it a year:confused:

When I walked out this morning it was exactly 183,000 miles on my 1994 NSX, but by the time I noticed it as I was going down the driveway there was an extra tenth on the odometer. :)

c49234da.jpg

I'm on my way to high mileage. Bought my NSX with 74K on it. I'm currently at 90K and haven't even owned my car for over a year yet lol. I don't know how some of these guys can own such an awesome car and only put 1K on it a year:confused:

Seriously! I have had it for like three weeks and already put almost 1000 miles on it. Listen to the noise it makes, it *wants* to be driven...

Back