• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

would be interested to know the brand and grade of oil you use,which filter,and your change interval,along with any other maintenance you do.congrats,you're obviously doing something right.

I use Castrol GTX every 3000 miles, but I'd say that's not nearly as important as taking care of your car properly. Doing the recommended scheduled maintenance services (15k, 30k, etc...) even if the car is running perfect is important to me. And I'd say knowing how to drive properly doesn't hurt either; I've got over 100k miles on my current clutch with no signs of wear at all. I drive it everywhere, everyday, in any situation.

Allow me to chime in with a little show and tell.

oil change stuff.jpg

Nice combo!

what is Auto-RX?

Well Chit. I am only at 71K miles on my '98. Then again - I have too many other cars in my rotation.

BTW Hugh, Thx again for Denso Oil Filter Recommendation. I ordered a 6 pk from Rock Auto.

Question: I am only putting about 3-4K miles a year, could I use Amsoil and change oil once a year or should I just stick with my Q6 month Oil/filter change schedule?

BTW Hugh, Thx again for Denso Oil Filter Recommendation. I ordered a 6 pk from Rock Auto.

Question: I am only putting about 3-4K miles a year, could I use Amsoil and change oil once a year or should I just stick with my Q6 month Oil/filter change schedule?

You're very welcome Ritesh. Switch to Amsoil but change it pursuant to your current schedule. If you ever decide to sell your car, I want 1st dibs. :)

You got it. I owe you a drink next time we run into each other at NSX Expo. Btw - I ordered a 4 PK of Auto-Rx a few years ago but never reordered it when I ran out. Not sure it was doing anything.

I never want to see Hugh stop driving his NSX. How long can the engine really go?

I would think a NSX should be able to go over 1,000,000 miles before needing an engine rebuild?
It's better built than normal Hondas/Acuras which can hit 1,000,000 if taken care of...

Last edited:
From another thread here.

DSF_5560.jpg

Back