• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

I never want to see Hugh stop driving his NSX. How long can the engine really go?

I would think a NSX should be able to go over 1,000,000 miles before needing an engine rebuild?
It's better built than normal Hondas/Acuras which can hit 1,000,000 if taken care of...

Wasn't Charlotte rebuilt already, when the twin turbos were installed?

Last edited:
I think he said it was re-built for boost, but it didn't need a rebuild.
Compression, etc were all perfect.

Being fundamentally lazy, I haven't re-read the thread, but I thought SoS installed a 3.5l (rebuilt) block with the twin turbos.

I think he said it was re-built for boost, but it didn't need a rebuild.
Compression, etc were all perfect.

Correct. The engine was perfect when it was torn down for the 3.5L build at 265K miles. Would it have made it to one million miles in OEM trim? We'll never know but I'm sure going to try with it in its current incarnation.

312666k.jpg

Last edited:
Correct. The engine was perfect when it was torn down for the 3.5L build at 265K miles. Would it have made it to one million miles in OEM trim? We'll never know but I'm sure going to try with it in its current incarnation.

Damn.....now that is impressive. Thank you, Honda!

why you say that? Right, just do not see any late 90' nsx owner post.....

- - - Updated - - -

why you say that? Right, just do not see any late 90' nsx owner post.....

It's not anywhere near what might be considered a "high mileage NSX", but last week I finally saw 100000.0 on my odometer on my '91.

Remember when reaching 100,000 miles on a car was a big deal?

Wow, Rob..235,000 miles??? I sold you a gem!!! Lol

Good to see you taking good care of her....

Btw, I'm back in another black on black:biggrin:

Yes, she's running pretty well! Glad to hear you're back in a X!

A few weeks ago, after almost 12 years of ownership.....my 1994 Grand Prix White baby turned 200,000 miles.....and I have never had to replace the clutch. I love this car. :)

is that the original clutch? if so,that's really impressive.if not, how many miles on that clutch?

Last edited:
My 1991 has just under 174k miles and is still going strong.

Some updates to the "2nd highest mile nsx" ( that I know of ) 386000 currently. And now CT Supercharged with a couple other additions.

Compression prior to the SC was 205-211 across the board.

Stacy's Sideskirts and CF splitters are here waiting to be installed.

Amazing Source1, what other car would look that good at 386,000 miles? The NSX is practically bulletproof. How bad are the rattles, squeaks, etc?

Surprisingly not bad.

When I first got the car it was on OEM suspension. May have been original but either way it was old and the car felt pretty loose. Now the car is fitted with BC Coilovers / Swift springs and Umbrella VRH system. It rides, feels amazing now.

Couple small things I need to fix due to mileage - Turn signals don't auto cancel / Power mirror switch is bad. Other than those two items the car is seriously incredible.

Amazing Source1, what other car would look that good at 386,000 miles? The NSX is practically bulletproof. How bad are the rattles, squeaks, etc?

There are many examples of the Porsche 911 with 300k+ miles. Some go back to the 1960s, or are as recent as a 996 Turbo with over 373k miles.

Last edited:
Back