• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

Absolutely. Lots of air-cooled with high mileage. I believe there is a 356 with just under a million miles, original owner. Was a yacht broker on the West Coast back in the 60s-present.

Was on original coolant hoses too :biggrin:

LOL! Shush! At least they waited until AFTER 200,000 miles to blow. LOL! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Some updates to the "2nd highest mile nsx" ( that I know of ) 386000 currently...

Let's see that odometer picture!

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. Lots of air-cooled with high mileage. I believe there is a 356 with just under a million miles, original owner. Was a yacht broker on the West Coast back in the 60s-present.

That is cool for so many reasons...not the least of which is that the original owner still owns and loves to drive that car!

4aze2a3e.jpg
from when I got it

Almost missed it:

1tpUUvC.jpg

Got the car December 2012 with 83K miles, so this is about 18 months of driving.

Look what happened today. :biggrin:

Nice! I've been very disappointed this fall. My mileage accrual has been hampered by expired ball joints. However, I'm now regularly commuting between TN and CO so come spring, I might catch up a bit. :)

I am at 335,500+ on the clock.

Original motor and transmission.

1991 Silver.

Stunning condition.

Charlotte wants to bear your car's children. But only if you post a photo because without a photo, it didn't happen. Sometimes even with a photo it didn't happen either! :)

Charlotte wants to bear your car's children. But only if you post a photo because without a photo, it didn't happen. Sometimes even with a photo it didn't happen either! :)

+1! I'm playing catch up; info is in my sigbature.

Don't say I didn't follow-through...here is...333 and some change...

I was off by a few thousand.

Going into spa for big service tomorrow. Instrument Cluster.jpgSilver NSX from P Side.jpg

It's truly amazing when you think of an NSX (or any car for that matter) going 333k+ miles on it's original engine and transmission.
The design and engineering by Honda on this engine is remarkable.
Also tells us that good maintenance pays off.

So we have a new "most driven NSX in the world" title holder.

I'm now thinking my 91 with a mere 100 k miles is just getting broken in. :smile:

And possibly the new holder of the title "most driven NSX in the world"! Hugh is going to be crushed! :)

To be fair, I probably put a whopping 12 miles on the car while I have owned it.

Oh, and Hugh can name his Charlotte, I am changing mine to Portia De Rossi. You know, because.

To be fair to Hugh he has put most of the miles on his car himself, not the previous owner/owners.:wink:

Just crossed 100k yesterday. I am almost to the point of having put more miles on the car than any of the previous owners.

Excited for the next 100k.

So we have a new "most driven NSX in the world" title holder.
Years ago there was a 409k mile Formula Red in southern California. I have pics on my laptop at home thanks to Ben on here who checked it out when it was for sale. My 1992 is about 1,000 away from its first 100,000. Still just a baby.

Years ago there was a 409k mile Formula Red in southern California. I have pics on my laptop at home thanks to Ben on here who checked it out when it was for sale. My 1992 is about 1,000 away from its first 100,000. Still just a baby.

I remember hearing about that one too a few years ago. Does anyone know it's current status?

Back