• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

JPS Europa said:
Do off-road miles count for more or less?:D

HAHAHA!! I am not sure about that one. What is the general consensus around here?? :)

Although, JPS Europa, I have logged a couple thousand miles on YOUR NSX before. Granted they were all highway miles, so I guess that is pretty safe. :D

Just catching up on Prime after getting back from a 4000 mile trip and it seemed appropriate to add to this topic... ;)

91 red/black
165,000 miles. and counting

Sketch said:
Just catching up on Prime after getting back from a 4000 mile trip and it seemed appropriate to add to this topic... ;)

91 red/black
165,000 miles. and counting

Nice!! Finally another driver in the bunch!! I have logged many multi-thousand mile trips in my NSX's.....do you have any pics of your odometer?? I love seeing NSX's with lots of miles. :)

I don't have any recent ones. I actually hadn't realized quite how many miles I have put on my car in the last year until now. I took this picture on the trip I took last year around memorial day weekend. Unfortunately I missed 150k and 160k during the year since then. ;)

Attachments

• odometer-140k-small.jpg
    odometer-140k-small.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,166
92 red with 33,617. I know I should drive it more often but it seems like every time I drive it a new rock chip is found!

Mine is a 98 yellow/black with 54,000 miles

I have a friend here in Savannah that allowed me to test drive his 91 white/black that had at the time 289,000 miles on it. He told me it was the one car he couldn't break. He finally lost it after being hit in the rear quarter panel by a truck as he crossed the road and totalled it with who knows how many miles as when it was at 289K was over 3 years ago and it was his daily driver. He was the reason I decided I wanted an NSX.

Druby, share more!

289k is absolutely and positively astonishing! I feel a whole lot better about my 133K.

Do tell us more about your friends X, I’m sure he holds the record for highest miles. I remember reading a thread were there was a 91 with 225k. Was your friend the original owner, did it have the original motor, and how many clutches, etc?

:eek:

He was the original owner, I don't think he had much done in the way of engine work as he told me that the reason he liked the car so much was that all he had to do was put in the gas and get the oil changed. (His favorite expression to me was "You can't break it, it's a Honda") At the same time he is notorius for not paying attention to what he is getting done so there was likely more work done than that. I did notice that after the NSX was totaled (about 2 months ago) he now drives a S2000. From looking at his NSX you would never expect it to have lasted like it did. When I test drove it my wife refused to get in because it smelled so bad from his having old gym clothes and fishing gear in the passenger side seats. The engine ran great and from what I understand from his son (who just married my cousin) just before it got totaled he had just had it completely reconditioned with new seats and new paint. I wish I could tell you more but I don't see the guy much as he is out of the country a great deal now that he has retired.

druby said:
He was the original owner, I don't think he had much done in the way of engine work as he told me that the reason he liked the car so much was that all he had to do was put in the gas and get the oil changed. (His favorite expression to me was "You can't break it, it's a Honda") At the same time he is notorius for not paying attention to what he is getting done so there was likely more work done than that. I did notice that after the NSX was totaled (about 2 months ago) he now drives a S2000. From looking at his NSX you would never expect it to have lasted like it did. When I test drove it my wife refused to get in because it smelled so bad from his having old gym clothes and fishing gear in the passenger side seats. The engine ran great and from what I understand from his son (who just married my cousin) just before it got totaled he had just had it completely reconditioned with new seats and new paint. I wish I could tell you more but I don't see the guy much as he is out of the country a great deal now that he has retired.

That is the car I was looking for!! It was a '92 NSX white/black with a TON of miles in Georgia....from what I understand the guy was from a pretty well off family that was in the furniture business as I recall. It has got to be the same car because I remember people having seen the car and saying that it was TRASHED, but that the guy did all of his services religiously. By the odds, this has to be the same car. I would be tempted to buy the wrecked car if it was not too bad and fix it to keep adding miles to it.

You are probably right about the car. I thought it was a 91 but it could have been a 92. He is from a wealthy family in the clothing manufacturing business, not furniture but he is still probably the same guy. I don't know where they took the car after the accident I had heard about the accident from the guys at the Acura dealership who know that I know him. There can't be many NSX in this area especially with that kind of mileage on them.

Hi

My NSX is a 1991. It has now about 85k on it.

It had about 76k when I started the drive home from Switzerland late last year.

Looks very good and goes without any problem.

I have not seen any car which is a 1991 that looks as good as mine. Thank you to the two previous owners.

Photo here

Regards

druby said:
You are probably right about the car. I thought it was a 91 but it could have been a 92. He is from a wealthy family in the clothing manufacturing business, not furniture but he is still probably the same guy. I don't know where they took the car after the accident I had heard about the accident from the guys at the Acura dealership who know that I know him. There can't be many NSX in this area especially with that kind of mileage on them.

What dealer serviced that car?

I look forward to crossing the 100,000 mile mark with my '94 NSX....then 200,000.....then 300,000.....maybe even 400,000 and 500,000 miles. BWAHAHAHAHHA!! Yes....the miles will pile on. :D

I know of a '91 in very good condition that is owned by a doctor. Silver with 200,200 miles on it. Engine purrs like a kitten with no serious work besides maintenance done to the car. I'll post some pics once they are uploaded.

:cool:

Last edited:
NSXGOLF said:
I know of a '91 in very good condition that is owned by a doctor. Silver with 200,200 miles on it. Engine purrs like a kitten with no serious work besides maintenance done to the car. I'll post some pics once they are uploaded.

:cool:

Do you think he would sell it?

Back