• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

93' Berlina Black with 125k+ Just put 11k on it since I bought it in Feb. Now it goes on vacation in storage for the winter.

man you guys are enjoying your cars....kudos to you! I put 120k miles on my Supra TT before I sold it....best memories. cannot say the same for my NSX:( man I wish I had more time...

p.s. I had my supra tt when i was single, no kids, and it was my only car, so i was forced to use it for everything.

...I was forced to use it for everything.

That is how I have 141k plus on mine now - it is my only car at the moment. I use it for everything. :smile: My annual mileage has been greatly reduced since I moved, and I also recently purchased a GL1200 as backup transportation.

Last edited:
Jett,are your long lasting tires that we were all giving you sheet for using holding up?,if you want you can update that old thread.:wink:

I bought my 93 a little over 3 yrs ago with 100k, now close to 168k on the clock. For short while I had a bike, but overall it's been my only car and daily driver.

Jett, are your long lasting tires that we were all giving you sheet for using holding up?

Why yes they are, thanks for asking. :smile: I have over 35,000 miles on them now, stock alignment specs, never been rotated. They are getting near the end of their life span though. I plan on buying another set!

...if you want you can update that old thread.

Bring it on!:wink:

Last edited:
Jett,are your long lasting tires that we were all giving you sheet for using holding up?,if you want you can update that old thread.:wink:

I had some sheetee tires too for a while on my car and they lasted a long time. 20,000+ miles last time I had checked.

I'm a little north of 156k miles now .. about 66k of which I contributed. Had to have the second 7 yr/90k mile major done this year .. should be good for another 90k :biggrin:

150K miles - recently passed both compression & leak down test with flying colors. Under my ownership, she's kept quietly in her own enclosed trailer until track days.

Hi

My princess has done about 108k miles. I have done 31k of those miles myself.

I have had the tbelt done with the waterpump and also sparkplugs, transmission fluid, coolentfluid and the brake fluid.

I plan on having the valves adjusted this summer. It was last adjusted when the car had 60K miles. I hear them tick a little bit.

Only thing the mechman noticed when he changed the tbelt and waterpump+ was a super minor leak on one of the "camplugs" (I am not sure if that is the name). They are supposed to be changed when the adjusting of the valves is done so I have them ready here so they will all be changed this summer. I think there are four of them.

My NSX is parked from late october until april/may as there is a lot of snow and stuff like that here.

I plan not to sell my NSX. But I do have "all" reciepts when I filled it with gas and I have written the mileage on each and every one of them. The reciept has a date on them too ofcourse. Great history of my NSX.

Here is the record I have for 2008:
02.05.08->18.10.08
165 days
9342km driven=5804miles
Paid:$ 1698,77 (so no whining about us gas prices) :smile:

According to the record I had 28mpg. I have about 26->22mpg with my Vw Golf I 1983 beater mostly inside city with short trips.

The record I had on the NSX was 36mpg.

The Golf will probably be switched with a Acura RSX Type S or a Integra or something late this summer. Well that is the dream.

Regards

Not quite high mileage yet, but I'm pushing 84K... got it with 66K miles... so I have put on 18K miles in 1.5 years. Damn!

Time for a high mileage update

In the 2003 summer edition of Exressions, Inspired by Acura (seems to be a Canadian only publication) there is a letter to the Editor showing a 1992 NSX with the odometer reading 500,000 kilometres! :eek:

That is a lot of mileage, even if they are kms, which everyone knows are 'Kanadian miles' and worth only 0.62 of a real mile. :biggrin: But even by the Imperial measure that is 310,000 miles.

Who knows how many klicks are on that clock by now? At his previous rate, he could be over 700,000 kilometres or about 440,000 miles.

This is must be one of the highest mileage NSXs ever!

Here is my original post on the topic:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16790&highlight=high+mileage

And here is a picture http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17203

Last edited:
Not quite as good as that ^^ but passed the 160k mark last week. And over 25k of those are winter miles up here in the Great White North. Also some Phoenix International Raceway track miles and local autocrossing. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Attachments

• 160k (Small).JPG
    160k (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 169
91 with 101k miles on it. Bought it 2 years ago at 74k miles. :biggrin:

mileage.jpg

:biggrin:

'04, second owner, 103,XXX miles.

Back