• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

25mm wheel spacers adapters installed

Got my set of H&R front & rear 25mm wheel spacers (more like adapters since they have the integrated wheel studs) from Mark @ Dali and threw them on today. Overall, I think the car looks better with the wheels sticking out further. Maybe sometime in the future, I'll upgrade the rears to some 64mm bore 32mm spacers (made for a Mustang GT but will fit onto a NSX) to even push the wheels out further. For the fronts, 25mm is pretty much the maximum width you want to move out with a stock wheel. I now know why people like the 15mm spacers up front and the 25mm in the rear.... it would give it that more even look. For those who might be curious, the car is dropped on Bilsteins and Eibachs (upper perch). I just dropped the car back down onto the ground and rolled it out so the springs hadn't settled down yet so the car still looks a bit high. The car was already aligned on Saturday so everything is to spec, or as much as you can get with the car lowered. Camber is -0.4 up front and -1.9 in the rear. Here are some pics to show more in detail......

30.jpg

40.jpg

34.jpg

38.jpg

43.jpg

In my opinion, it makes the car look much better where as before it looked like this.....

66.jpg

If/when I go to the track (road course), I'll take the spacers off and bolt the wheels directly to the hubs. But for daily driving, there is no difference in feel and the tires do not rub at full wheel lock. FYI, I'm running a wider 255/40/17 tire in the back and have no rubbing problems at all, where as I heard others did with different lowering springs and using the same 25mm spacers. For less than $300, it makes a pretty good visual difference :)

BTW, here's a good shot of the rear. Kind of gives you an idea of what others following you on the road will see with the stock 16/17 OEM wheels on the car

37.jpg

IMO, looks much better where as before it would be tucked in and not look as aggressive, where this look gives it a much fuller look.

Looks good!!! I just installed my 25mm in the rear this weekend and wow!! what a difference...definitely cheaper than buying a set of new rims!!!

I have 225/40/16 in the front, so I ordered 15mm spacers for the front..I can tell that if I installed the 25mm in the front, it would stick out too much for my tastes

looks good, think I might do the same when I get my WW side skirts on, waiting to see. (The forgelines are already pushed out slightly.)

Front tire size

Newman,
What front tires are you using? What size are they? They look like OEM.

Thanks

Thanks. I have 225/40/16 and they stick out with the 25mm on the front. After seeing your pictures I am sure I need to go back to 215/45/16 to get the right look.

Just had 25mm adapters (H&R calls them spacers) put on the rear by Payn Tech in Troy, MI. I have 255/40/17 on the rear. The new look is awesome. I did not put any on the front, since I have 225/45/16 and the look, to me, is already good. If anything, I will go with the 15mm in the future, unless handling problems require immediate action. So far, so good--handling in normal driving is the same; if anything, the rear feels better planted.:D

thanks for the idea

FGG,
Thanks for the idea on only putting the spacers on the rear. I'll take my front spacers off to see if I like that look (at least until I go back to the OEM tire size).

Newman,

the car looks great with the spacers. Big improvement.

Wheelman(Ricky),

can't wait to see how your car looks in person.

Also, where and how much are the spacers?
Regards,
- Z

p.s. to my previous post:

As an added benefit to the additon of the 25mm spacrers to the rear only on my 255/40/17 rear setup, is that the previous annoying "optical illusion" of the front tire sidewall (225/45/16 with no spacer) appearing bigger than the rear tire is gone. Since the rear is now pushed out about an inch, the tires now look to have the same aspect.:cool:

I was told that mixing and matching spacers from front to rear would screw with the handling.

No mix and match front to rear was done with mine. The rears only were done--if that is what you mean by mix and match. I was concerned about this too; however, info from other members indicated that only doing the rear does not affect handling. So far, that appears to be true and, if anything, with normal street driving the car feels better planted when turning.:D

hey Z- I bought mine from SOS but should have ordered from Dali since they sell front and rear separately.

I could be mistaken but if you just put spacers in the rear which pushes your wheels out more for a wider track...it would increase the cars understee if anything

Back