• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Drive My Car

I think I mentioned that my car is done. Along with the Comptech Supercharger, Headers, Exhaust, Airbox..I just added 3LBS of boost and changed the gears to 4:55’s. This car really moves. In fact I am ready to run the ¼ mile against my partners 996 Twin Turbo. I will let you know how it goes. I also added a shift light. Some people might dislike it but it works well.

March at the Red Robin in Calabasas anyone is welcome to give it a shot…

I don't know the if the 4.55 will help or harm your 1/4 mile time. The guy who sold me the 4.55 said he was going back to the stock R&P to improve his times. The 4.55 meant shifting into 4th at the end versus staying in 3rd.

Where did u get all ur mechanical work done? Have u had any experience with Acura 101 West in Calabasas? I know they are a comptech dealer and claim they know alot about NSXs, but was wondering whether u had any 1st hand experiences with them.

Ryan

Yes, I forgot. That is with a 5 speed.

Do all 6 speeds need 4 gears to clear the 1/4? If so, then the 4.55 would help. If not, then I would guess it would hinder in the same way it does a 5 speed.

Originally posted by ilya:
Do all 6 speeds need 4 gears to clear the 1/4?

According to Bob Butler's analysis, yes.

His analysis has different gearing setups using a 270 hp NSX weighing 3200 pounds including the driver. If anything, actual 1/4 mile acceleration with a 3.2-liter NSX is probably faster (due to the added hp) even taking into account that if it's an NSX-T, it probably weighs more. So the answer is yes, all six-speed NSX's would need fourth gear in the 1/4 mile.

If so, then the 4.55 would help.

He shows a six-speed doing 1/4 mile in 13.56 seconds, and a six-speed with 4.55 R&P doing it in 13.36 seconds.

He should be well into 4th gear on a supercharged 3.2L 6-speed NSX with OEM R&P.

With the 4.55 he will probably be coming up on 8000 RPM in 4th right at the end of the 1/4 mile which is good.

I doubt he'll be so fast as to get into fuel cut but it may be possible - you'd have to run the numbers or go test it. But even if that is the case it's probably still faster to run the 4.55 and hit fuel cut right at the end.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 28 February 2002).]

I think you will beat the 996TT, I have a '00 NSX-T with a Comptech SC at 6 PSI and it feels about as fast as my 993TT so if you are running 9 pounds of boost and a 4.55 rear end, I believe it would beat the Porsche in the quarter. You will probably fall behind off the line because of the Porsche AWD but I think you will catch up pretty quick. By the way, I ran a 12.2 with my '96 Porsche so you will need to be in the low 12's to keep up with your partner.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 28 February 2002).]

Actually Valencia Acura. I am friends with Ron and Sheri (owners) Luis is the parts manager and they are doing a shit load of Super Chargers and other mods. They have even done so stuff on my 02 CLK 55 Cab

Originally posted by RyRy210:
Where did u get all ur mechanical work done? Have u had any experience with Acura 101 West in Calabasas? I know they are a comptech dealer and claim they know alot about NSXs, but was wondering whether u had any 1st hand experiences with them.

Ryan

I will let you know how I do...Just got to figure out where and when we're going to do this.

Originally posted by Carguy!:
I think you will beat the 996TT, I have a '00 NSX-T with a Comptech SC at 6 PSI and it feels about as fast as my 993TT so if you are running 9 pounds of boost and a 4.55 rear end, I believe it would beat the Porsche in the quarter. You will probably fall behind off the line because of the Porsche AWD but I think you will catch up pretty quick. By the way, I ran a 12.2 with my '96 Porsche so you will need to be in the low 12's to keep up with your partner.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 28 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Lud:
With the 4.55 he will probably be coming up on 8000 RPM in 4th right at the end of the 1/4 mile which is good.

With the 4.55 R&P and six-speed, he will hit 8000 rpm in fourth at 116 mph.

Back