• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of Technomagnesio wheels on NSX?

Does anyone have pictures of 17/18" Techno's on an NSX? Even better would be black Techno's! I tried doing a search but nothing came up.

TIA,
S.M.

I think Champion Motor Group in Westchester, NY has an NSX with black Techno wheels on it. I saw the car when it was sitting at a dealer in VA. They have it posted on AutoTrader.com but the picture isn't very good. And for some reason, the car is not posted on their own site championmotorgroup.com. You may be able to ask them to email you pictures of the car.

New style tecnos: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/news/nsxpo2001/fri/DCP_1062.JPG

Old style tecnos: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/public/gallery/022402/DSC02548_small.jpg

Hard to tell being black, but the old style has thinner curvy spokes where the new style wheels are more blocky. The old style is considerably lighter and no longer available.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Chris, Do those 17" new style Techno's clear the Brembo's w/out spacers? Car looks great by the way!
wink.gif

------------------
Jason

Thanks to everyone who replied. The pics are great and the black Techno's look very mean! They will also be great for not showing the Hawk Blue brake dust
smile.gif

Any black wheels on Silver cars?

S.M

Originally posted by E36S50:
Thanks to everyone who replied. The pics are great and the black Techno's look very mean! They will also be great for not showing the Hawk Blue brake dust
smile.gif

S.M

I'll email them to you if you have an e-mail address.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
Chris, Do those 17" new style Techno's clear the Brembo's w/out spacers? Car looks great by the way!
wink.gif

Yes.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by E36S50:
smile.gif

S.M

Why are you running Hawk Blues (corrosive dust, poor cold stopping, rotor aggressive), when there are many other better compounds available?

-A

I'm sure Andie forgot to mention this but..
Hawk Blue's SUCK.
I switched to the Carbotech Panther Plus pads and they are 10X better than the Blue's. They are a Bajillion times more Rotor friendly and have a higher temp range to boot. Not to mention the fact that they brake well when cold and don't squeal as much, and don't carve your rotors up...and and and and...Too many things to say.
Hawk Blue's =bad
Carbotech Panther Plus = good.

I melted a set of Hawk Blue pads at the track. They were pretty worn down and when removed, literally disintegrated off of the backing plate.
Switched the Carbotech Panther Plus pads and they lasted me 2 full track events. And to top it all off, you can use them on the street no problem.( a little squealing but far less than the Hawk Pads)

Can you tell I like Carbotech Panther Plus pads?

Talk to Andie Lin@ Carbotech Engineering (HomedepotNSX) and he can get you the pads.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention, Carbotech Panther Plus pads don't stick to your wheels. They wipe off with a damp towel.

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 19 March 2002).]

This is getting a bit OT from my Techno question. Hope thats okay. Anyway, I have now switched to Hawk HT12(?) for this year but for the record I never had a problem with the Blue's. Well they did pit the Forgelines a bit but that was due to me being lazy. Maybe I should try the Carbotechs? Are they available for the gold CT Brembo's?

S.M

I agree with Edo. Where I saw gradual increase in performance from different pads I have tried, the Carbotech Panther Plus was a dramatic increase in performance.

We have the Panther Plus available for sale at discounted prices:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/carbotech/

The Panther XP compound is a new release, here's a copy and paste from a previous post...

The Panther XP has a peak friction coefficient performance of PFC 01 level, which makes the pad one of the best pure road racing compounds available. What makes it better than other track-specific compounds I have seen and tested is:

1. much broader operating temp range (225-1450F)
2. much more rotor friendly
3. thermal degredation is better (less cracking of the puck)

Keep in mind that with any high performance track compound, your tires are as important, if not more important than the pads you select for effective brakings, especially if you use stock width wheels.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

I agree with Edo. Where I saw gradual increase in performance from different pads I have tried, the Carbotech Panther Plus was a dramatic increase in performance.

We have the Panther Plus available for sale at discounted prices:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/carbotech/

If you're interested in a track-specific pad, the Panther XP compound is a new release, here's a copy and paste from a previous post...

The Panther XP has a peak friction coefficient performance of PFC 01 level, which makes the pad one of the best pure road racing compounds available. What makes it better than other track-specific compounds I have seen and tested is:

1. much broader operating temp range (225-1450F) (than other race pads)
2. much more rotor friendly (than other race pads)
3. thermal degredation is better (less cracking of the puck) (than other race pads)

Keep in mind that with any high performance track compound, your tires are as important, if not more important than the pads you select for effective brakings, especially if you use stock width wheels.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 20 March 2002).]

Originally posted by Edo:
I'm sure Andie forgot to mention this but..
Hawk Blue's SUCK.

I didn't forget...I'm just not legally allowed to make those statements. :)

HT12 will make a good road racing ONLY compound...it is not streetable by any stretch of the imagination. I believe Peter Cunningham runs the HT12...you'll need at least 500F in the pad before it will brake at maximum torque.

-Andie

[This message has been edited by HomeDepotNSX (edited 20 March 2002).]

Back