• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help needed on white 95 NSX

Hi guys, i'm looking at buying a white JDM NSX. could someone please advise me about the colour under the hood (where the spare wheel is). the one i have seen was black under there, so i'm curious as to wether it has had a full respray.

any help, especially with pics of their white NSX's hood, would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Keith

JDM NSX...RH drive? (I think you are in the UK, so that would be very cool.)

The exterior color is the color of the body everywhere else. There is some grey undercoating here and there...but 99% of the car is the exterior color.

AndyH said:
According to FAQs, They don't have white NSXs in 1995 for all market. Therefore, the car you're looking at is repaint.

I think the FAQ info only applies to USDM cars. For example, there was a 93-95 NA1 NSX-R in the Japanese market that was available in white.

This is not to say that the car is not a repaint, only that it would not HAVE to be one. I would certainly check the engine bay, door jambs, etc to be sure that paint color there matches the rest of the car.

White94 said:
I think the FAQ info only applies to USDM cars. For example, there was a 93-95 NA1 NSX-R in the Japanese market that was available in white.
Some parts of the FAQ apply to USM cars (U.S. is not a "domestic" market, so it's not USDM) but a lot of it refers to all markets. Often, if not always, it distinguishes between the two - particularly in the Colors section to which AndyH is referring, where it states, "Grand Prix White Available: All markets, all years except 1991 and 1995".

If the NSX/NSX-R was available in white in the Japanese market in 1995, then the statement in the FAQ is simply an error.

nsxtasy said:
"Grand Prix White Available: All markets, all years except 1991 and 1995". If the NSX/NSX-R was available in white in the Japanese market in 1995, then the statement in the FAQ is simply an error.

This 1991 Japanese Brochure shows the NSX in white. Additionally, the NA1 NSX-Rs were from 93-95. So, if the FAQ was meant to be absolute then it is wrong.

There are also 2 more points of note about the original poster's car:

1. He never said it was Grand Prix white. I believe there were 3 whites available on NSXes in Japan: GPW, Platinum White and Neutron White. I am unsure of the years of each.

2. Some other countries (I believe including Japan) classify the years differently than we do. I am unsure of exactly how this works in Japan, but I *THINK* its by the year of original sale. For example, I know there were "1990" NSXs in Japan so perhaps this is a 94 sold in 95 or an early 96?

Bottom line, the fact that it is white does not neccessarily mean that it is a repaint.

nsxtasy said:
Especially when sitting out in the sun on a warm day. ;)

You know you want one...

:D

I agree with all the points others have made about the FAQ possibly only applying to the US, 3 colors of white being available, and years being assigned differently in different places.

Just one other reason it's not necessarily a repaint- I believe there was a special order plan available in Japan where you could choose the color of the body, roof, wheels, and interior. Not sure when they started this, though, but it could have been when they introduced the targa and 16/17 inch wheels.

Lastly, in Japan they also have a "refresh" program. You turn in your NSX, they strip it down to the frame (not sure if they sand the old paint down to metal), replace all wear items (anything rubber), and repaint it in your choice of color. Seems unlikely they would miss the underside of the hood if this was the case, though =P

Have you looked at other hidden parts of the car for signs of a re-paint? Under weatherstripping, carpeting, grommets in the engine bay, etc. It would be a shame to miss out on a fine white NSX! My fav color too =)

Good luck!

Jeff

Back