• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Film Clip of Neil Armstrong Landing on the Moon

About time NASA released the uncut version. :D
wow. Sounds like neil was on the moon AND at houston control. now that's amazing!

(BTW, there is real footage claiming the moon-landing was a hoax: it shows stage lights falling onto the set. but i'm not even going to post that link... i learned my lesson from posting that 9/11 crap :D )

That's f*cking hilarious! Can you imagine - that's probably pretty close to what was going through Armstrong's head at the time but he couldn't let it out!

hahahahha that was funnier than i thought it would be. that is probably what he was thinking, if we have actually been to the moon....... :confused:

just trying to rile you up on the been to the moon or not topic. :D

NeoNSX said:
(BTW, there is real footage claiming the moon-landing was a hoax: it shows stage lights falling onto the set. but i'm not even going to post that link... i learned my lesson from posting that 9/11 crap :D )

I can understand why you are reluctant to go there, I read the entire thread you started on the 911 conspiracy. You want to talk about a thread that got way out of hand, personally I though it was a very interesting read.

I've seen the footage you had mentioned, it's very intriguing indeed. I’m one whom believes NASA never made it to the moon. During that time the USA was in a race for world power with Russia seeming to be won by the country that made it to the moon 1s. It would not of been hard for the government to convince the few individual who knew the truth to keep quite for the good of the country.

If NASA had failed to make a moon landing: they would never been allowed the huge amount of money to keep space exploration going. I’m sure I’ll get a ton of grief for this view and I’m sure it will be from the same guys who believe Oslwald killed Kennedy. :D

SNDSOUL said:
vintagecarman, do you believe we have never been to the moon or just that we didnt do it when we said. I light of recent comercial builders flying into space, landing on the moon in this day and age does not seem out of reach at all.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist; I just have a hard time believing there was an actual moon landing. I believe that astronauts orbited the moon on several trips up but that’s where the buck stops. It would seem to me during the 60’s there wasn’t enough sufficient technology to accomplish a landing with a re-launch.

President Kennedy guaranteed a successful landing to the amazement of all the NASA engineers. Many disagreed such success could be accomplished in the time allowed. :eek: To “quote you” In light of recent commercial builders flying into space, landing on the moon in this day and age does not seem out of reach at all.

I agree with the technology we have in this day and age there should be no problem landing on the moon however, our NSX have more technology then the lunar lander.

Let me ask you this question. Your working for the NASA looking to continue space exploration, you know there is no chance to make a landing. A decision is made to lie to the world say it happened. The Government tells you to keep quite or else and makes some video. What do you do?

I’m sure Armstrong had no problem with playing his role to be A great American hero just to keep quite and preserve space exploration.

We all studied a wide variety of subjects in grade school, high school and college. I don't remember the moon landing having been touched on in any great detail. Do you? :confused:

NeoNSX said:
About time NASA released the uncut version. :D
wow. Sounds like neil was on the moon AND at houston control. now that's amazing!

Post it! ;)

vintagecarman said:
I’m not a conspiracy theorist; I just have a hard time believing there was an actual moon landing.

I, too, used to buy into this conspiracy theory until speaking with the people that worked on the program and seeing all the various pieces of footage from the landing. That Fox show that really blew this theory up only showed clips that supported the conspiracy theory. If you watch Discovery Wings and other shows where you can see other pieces of footage, you just realize that there's no way they could have come up with some of the special effects that would have been required.

The final blow in destroying the conspiracy theory for me was that there are reflectors on the surface of the moon that scientists still shine lasers at to measure the distance to the moon. How the heck did they get there?

http://www.space.com/news/spacehistory/apollo_mirror.html

The Japanese plan to map the surface of the moon in the Selene program but that has been delayed. Hopefully they will be able to show the things we left behind on the moon.

Also, can you imagine if we didn't land on the moon and the Russians proved that our landing was a hoax what a catastrophe for the US Government's credibility in the States and even the world would be? Don't you think that the Russians would have done their best to show that this was all a hoax?

vintagecarman said:
I’m not a conspiracy theorist; I just have a hard time believing there was an actual moon landing. I believe that astronauts orbited the moon on several trips up but that’s where the buck stops. It would seem to me during the 60’s there wasn’t enough sufficient technology to accomplish a landing with a re-launch.
And you base this conclusion on what exactly??? You assert that sufficient technology was available to orbit the Moon but not to land on the Moon, blast off from the Moon and rendevous with the orbiting command module??? That conclusion is totally arbitrary and is disproven by the facts. I happen to be an engineer myself and I know that the technology used in the LEM (the lunar lander) was essentially the same as that used to 1) blast off from the Earth, 2) orbit the Earth, 3) rendevoux with another spacecraft in Earth's orbit, 4) use the Earth's gravitational pull and orbital mechanics to slingshot towards the Moon, 5) use the Moon's gravitational pull to orbit the Moon, 6) use the Moon's gravitational pull and orbital mechanics to slingshot back towards the Earth, 5) use the Earth's gravitational pull to orbit the Earth once again and re-enter the atmosphere. All of these operations were accomplished repeatedly and successfully as NASA progressed through the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs. Were all these missions faked as well? If you don't fully understand the technology and principles used to accomplish the lunar landings, you certainly can't hope to draw any valid conclusions re. their feasability.

vintagecarman said:
Let me ask you this question. Your working for the NASA looking to continue space exploration, you know there is no chance to make a landing. A decision is made to lie to the world say it happened. The Government tells you to keep quite or else and makes some video. What do you do?

I’m sure Armstrong had no problem with playing his role to be A great American hero just to keep quite and preserve space exploration.
These type of conspiracy theories are invariably laughable. You have absolutely nothing factual and reliable upon which to base your assertions. Moreover, simple logic dictates that such a vast conspiracy would be impossible to establish much less sustain. Do you realize how many scientific experiments and research apparati were set up on the lunar surface by the Apollo astronauts? Are you suggesting that the thousands of engineers and scientists involved in these experiments and research efforts were all "hushed up" by our big bad sinister government? How do you suppose they fake the laser reflectors placed on the lunar surface to provide accurate measurements of the Earth-Moon distance? These measurements have been made regularly since the Apollo days, so I guess every new scientist and engineer brought onto those projects must be similarly coerced into keeping The Secret. Ditto for all those geologists who have been studying lunar rocks and soil for the past 30+ years. They either are too ignorant to realize they are really just examing plain ol' Earth rocks, or they too must be brought into the conspiracy fold. Get a clue! You've been watching way too many episodes of The X-Files.

vintagecarman said:
We all studied a wide variety of subjects in grade school, high school and college. I don't remember the moon landing having been touched on in any great detail. Do you? :confused:
Ever heard of a little publication called National Geographic? They covered the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs extensively and in great detail during the 60's and early 70's. Hundreds of books were also written on the subject at all levels of engineering detail. When I was in junior high I already understood the principles and technology involved in placing a man on the moon, but it wasn't because some flunky teacher spelled it out for me. Aside from those specializing in engineering or physics, there no doubt are relatively few teachers/professors at any level that can speak intelligently on Apollo program technology (or any other technology for that matter), so I certainly would not expect them to discuss it in their classes. Have you discussed your lunar landing "conspiracy theory" with anyone well versed in engineering or physics? You might find it very enlightening.

http://www.xenophilia.com/zb/zb0003/moontruth.mpg

This is almost funny as MiamieNeSeX's post. ;)

And at the risk of starting a flame war, there are links to moon hoax theories

* http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Apollo_moon_landing_hoax_accusations (particularly good; short & concise)
* http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html (includes video and photos 'proving' their theories)
* http://www.xenophilia.com/zb0003.htm

Personally whether this is a hoax or not does not change my life. What has changed my life is the technology we've all benefited from because of the space race. :D

nsxr1 said:
Get a clue! You've been watching way too many episodes of The X-Files.
Ever heard of a little publication called National Geographic? They covered the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs extensively and in great detail during the 60's and early 70's. Hundreds of books were also written on the subject at all levels of engineering detail. When I was in junior high I already understood the principles and technology involved in placing a man on the moon, but it wasn't because some flunky teacher spelled it out for me. Aside from those specializing in engineering or physics, there no doubt are relatively few teachers/professors at any level that can speak intelligently on Apollo program technology (or any other technology for that matter), so I certainly would not expect them to discuss it in their classes. Have you discussed your lunar landing "conspiracy theory" with anyone well versed in engineering or physics? You might find it very enlightening.

Look at the big brain on NSXR1, impressive! While I'm busy watching the
X-files taking a class in physics and getting a clue, why don't you answer the follow questions?

1)Sceptics say there are no stars in the black sky, despite zero atmosphere to obscure the view. The first man in Space, Yuri Gagarin, pronounced the stars to be "astonishingly brilliant". See the official NASA pictures above that I have reproduced that show 'stars' in the sky, as viewed from the lunar surface.
2) The pure oxygen atmosphere in the module would have melted the Hasselblad's camera covering and produced poisonous gases. Why weren't the astronauts affected?
3) There should have been a substantial crater blasted out under the LEM's 10,000 pound thrust rocket. Sceptics would have you believe that the engines only had the power to blow the dust from underneath the LEM as it landed. If this is true, how did Armstrong create that famous boot print if all the dust had been blown away?
4) When the LEMs were supposedly leaving the Moon, they should have produced a large bright exhaust flame from the rocket propellant. Instead, zero exhaust. (I have turned this one around and have found evidence of a flame on one ascent of the LEM... just to prove the sceptics wrong!)
5) Footprints are the result of weight displacing air or moisture from between particles of dirt, dust, or sand. The astronauts left distinct footprints all over the place.
6) The Apollo 11 TV pictures were lousy, yet the broadcast quality magically became fine on the five subsequent missions.
7) In most Apollo photos, there is a clear line of definition between the rough foreground and the smooth background.
8) Why did so many NASA Moonscape photos have non parallel shadows? sceptics will tell you because there is two sources of light on the Moon - the Sun and the Earth... That maybe the case, but the shadows would still fall in the same direction, not two or three different angles.
9) Why did one of the stage prop rocks have a capital "C" on it and a 'C' on the ground in front of it?
10) How did the fibreglass whip antenna on the Gemini 6A capsule survive the tremendous heat of atmospheric re-entry?
11) In Ron Howard's 1995 science fiction movie, Apollo 13, the astronauts lose electrical power and begin worrying about freezing to death. In reality, of course, the relentless bombardment of the Sun's rays would
rapidly have overheated the vehicle to lethal temperatures with no atmosphere into which to dump the heat build up.
12) Who would dare risk using the LEM on the Moon when it was never, ever tested successfully? Would you send a relative to the Moon in a vehicle that had never been driven before?
13) Instead of being able to jump at least ten feet high in "one sixth" gravity, the highest jump was about nineteen inches.
14) Even though slow motion photography was able to give a fairly convincing appearance of very low
gravity, it could not disguise the fact that the astronauts traveled no further between steps than they would have on Earth.
15) If the Rover buggy had actually been moving in one-sixth gravity, then it would have required a twenty foot width in order not to have flipped over on nearly every turn. The Rover had the same width as ordinary small cars.
16) An astrophysicist who has worked for NASA writes that it takes two meters of shielding to protect against medium solar flares and that heavy ones give out tens of thousands of rem in a few hours. Why didn't
the astronauts on Apollo 14 and 16 die after exposure to this immense amount of radiation?
17) The fabric space suits had a crotch to shoulder zipper. There should have been fast leakage of
air since even a pinhole deflates a tire in short order.
18) The astronauts in these "pressurized" suits were easily able to bend their fingers, wrists, elbows, and knees at 5.2 p.s.i. and yet a boxer's 4 p.s.i. speed bag is virtually unbendable. The guys would have looked
like balloon men if the suits had actually been pressurized.
19) How did the astronauts leave the LEM? in the documentary 'PaperMoon' The host measures a replica of the LEM at The Space Centre in Houston, what he finds is that the 'official' measurements released by NASA are bogus and that the astronauts could not have got out of the LEM...
20) The water sourced air conditioner backpacks should have produced frequent explosive vapor discharges. They never did.
21) During the Apollo 14 flag setup ceremony, the flag would not stop fluttering.
22) With a more than two second signal transmission round trip, how did a camera pan upward to track the departure of the Apollo 16 LEM?
23) Why did NASA's administrator resigned just days before the first Apollo mission?
24) Another overlooked intriguing fact is that NASA launched the TETR-A satellite just months before the first lunar mission. The proclaimed purpose was to simulate transmissions coming from the moon so that the Houston ground crews (all those employees sitting behind computer screens at Mission Control) could "rehearse" the first moon landing. In other words, though NASA claimed that the satellite crashed shortly before the first lunar mission (a misinformation lie), its real purpose was to relay voice, fuel consumption, altitude, and telemetry data as if the transmissions were coming from an Apollo spacecraft as it neared the moon. Very few NASA employees knew the truth because they believed that the computer and television data they were receiving was the genuine article. Merely a hundred or so knew what was really going on; not tens of thousands as it might first appear.
25) In 1998, the Space Shuttle flew to one of its highest altitudes ever, three hundred and fifty miles, hundreds of miles below merely the beginning of the Van Allen Radiation Belts. Inside of their shielding, superior to that which the Apollo astronauts possessed, the shuttle astronauts reported being able to "see" the radiation with their eyes closed penetrating their shielding as well as the retinas of their closed eyes. For a dental x-ray on Earth which lasts 1/100th of a second we wear a 1/4 inch lead vest. Imagine what it would be like to endure several hours of radiation that you can see with your eyes closed from hundreds of miles away with 1/8 of an inch of aluminium shielding!
26) The Apollo 1 fire of January 27, 1967, killed what would have been the first crew to walk on the Moon just days after the commander, Gus Grissom, held an unapproved press conference complaining that they were at least ten years, not two, from reaching the Moon. The dead man's own son, who is a seasoned pilot himself, has in his possession forensic evidence personally retrieved from the charred spacecraft (that the government has tried to destroy on two or more occasions).
27) CNN issued the following report, "The radiation belts surrounding Earth may be more dangerous for astronauts than previously believed (like when they supposedly went through them thirty years ago to reach the Moon.) The phenomenon known as the 'Van Allen Belts' can spawn (newly discovered) 'Killer Electrons' that can dramatically affect the astronauts' health."
28) In 1969 computer chips had not been invented. The maximum computer memory was 256k, and this was housed in a large air conditioned building. In 2002 a top of the range computer requires at least 64 Mb of memory to run a simulated Moon landing, and that does not include the memory required to take off again once landed. The alleged computer on board Apollo 11 had 32k of memory. That's the equivalent of a simple calculator.
29) If debris from the Apollo missions was left on the Moon, then it would be visible today through a powerful telescope, however no such debris can be seen. The Clementine probe that recently maps the Moons surface failed to show any Apollo artefacts left by Man during the missions. Where did the Moon Buggy and base of the LEM go?
30) In the year 2002 NASA does not have the technology to land any man, or woman on the Moon, and return them safely to Earth.
31) Film evidence has recently been uncovered of a mislabeled, unedited, behind-the-scenes video film, dated by NASA three days after they left for the moon. It shows the crew of Apollo 11 staging part of their photography. The film evidence is shown in the video "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon!".
32) Why did ALL of the blueprints and plans for the Lunar Module and Moon Buggy get destroyed if this was one of History's greatest accomplishments?

I could proceed point by point, but a single item should suffice:

The Soviets suffered a major public relations humiliation by losing the space race, not to mention the loss of life when their huge Moon rocket blew up. Their radar systems were fully able to track objects in space, especially large ones like the Saturn upper stage. They certainly tracked Apollo, and would have been all too happy to blow the whistle on a fake mission.

To believe the Moon missions were faked one has to believe that the Cold War was also a sham, and that moves one way off the deep end IMHO. Pretty soon you are all the way into some Matrix-like scenario.

P.S. One of the Apollo missions removed and brought back the imaging camera from one of the robotic Surveyor landers, in order to inspect it for micrometeoroid damage. Some of the Apollo missions left mirror systems no the Moon for measuring its distance from Earth. Is everyone involved in those experiments in on the scam? Sheesh.

Most of you guys think to much, the video was posted to make you laugh not overthink most of us do enough of that for 50 or 60 hours a week,sheeeesh. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Armando

myf16 said:
I could proceed point by point, but a single item should suffice:
The Soviets suffered a major public relations humiliation by losing the space race, not to mention the loss of life when their huge Moon rocket blew up. Their radar systems were fully able to track objects in space, especially large ones like the Saturn upper stage. They certainly tracked Apollo, and would have been all too happy to blow the whistle on a fake mission.

To believe the Moon missions were faked one has to believe that the Cold War was also a sham, and that moves one way off the deep end IMHO. Pretty soon you are all the way into some Matrix-like scenario.

P.S. One of the Apollo missions removed and brought back the imaging camera from one of the robotic Surveyor landers, in order to inspect it for micrometeoroid damage. Some of the Apollo missions left mirror systems no the Moon for measuring its distance from Earth. Is everyone involved in those experiments in on the scam? Sheesh.

The Soviets suffered from a horrible space program and never had a chance so to give them the credibility to know exactly what our progress was every step of the way is far fetched.

The Cold was real and another great reason to fake the landing's. In the 60's landing on the moon and returning safely in some ways was a matrix-like scenario.

You have positive proof the imaging camera from the robotic Surveyor landers were brought back from the moon?

Correct, I believe most all of it was all a scam. Do you Believe everything the government tells you? :confused: Look at how much pride the country felt from this achievement? What would have been the results if we failed?

Why this scenario so hard for most people to believe? The United State was in a race for world dominance seemingly to be won by the country who made the trip to the moon and back. We couldn’t succeed so, they made it look like we did to win the war and keep the funding flowing for NASA.If you were involved, would you not play your part to win the war? Sheesh!

vintagecarman said:
Why this scenario so hard for most people to believe?

Motivations are one thing; ability to carry off such a deception is quite another. When your prime adversary clearly has the ability to blow the whistle and doesn't, that says it all.

Furthermore, the number of people who would have had to keep silent is probably over 1000: Dozens of low-paid techs at all the tracking stations around the world. Certainly everyone in mission control: writing software to fool them would have been harder than landing on the moon. All the people who built the fake moon sets (and where were they located, anyway?) People who manufactured fake moon rocks or claimed to have moon rocks when they didn't. The people who dreamed up the geologic discoveries that rewrote the textbooks on the origin of the moon (it came from the Earth in a collision with a body the size of Mars). Not to mention hundreds of government agents to enforce the secrecy. And of all these people, not a single one spilled the beans.

If you ask me, attempting such a grand deception would be infinitely more risky than attempting an actual moon landing, especially since robotic landers had already suceeded.

P.S. Were the robotic landers faked too? How about the subsequent Mars missions? Did space aliens build the pyramids? The modern world is full of human achievements that seem impossible, but there they are. Nuclear reactions, microchips, and yes, the moon landing.

Vintagecarman, there are just too many undeniable facts.

I had some of the same questions you had at one point and I can go through most of that list debunking each one. But I think you're better off doing some research on your own. A lot of the questions you have can be answered on the following websites.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

You just need to be open minded and willing to accept that this country is capable of incredible achievements. I find it harder to believe that a person of reasonable intelligence will not accept the fact that we did land on the moon. That's like saying the plane never hit the Pentagon... tell that to my coworker's still grieving family...

The conspiracy theorist's MO is to repeat the same allegations over and over again in spite if the fact that they have been conclusively disproven/discredited. Their strategy is to compel you to refute their points repeatedly (because ignorant statements always cry out for rebuttal) until you just get tired of defending the obvious. Those who are gullible/ignorant enough to swallow the junk science supporting the Moon landing hoax theory are the same type of people who are in denial about natural selection and evolution and instead promote "creationism" as an opposing theory. It just illustrates that no matter what strides are made in science and technology, there will always be those who doggedly continue to insist that "the Earth is flat".

Last edited:
Malibu Rapper said:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

You just need to be open minded and willing to accept that this country is capable of incredible achievements. I find it harder to believe that a person of reasonable intelligence will not accept the fact that we did land on the moon. That's like saying the plane never hit the Pentagon... tell that to my coworker's still grieving family...

I am open-minded that's why I willing to think out side of the box making my own conclusion from information I have been given.

Yes, America is capable of incredible achievements like faking a landing on the moon for the good of the country. Trust me, I am very proud to be an American my family has paid their fair share for the price of that freedom we all enjoy. My father fought in Second World War as well as the Korean conflict. I am the youngest of eleven and lost my oldest brother that I never met to Vietnam. :mad:

I checked out the web sites you provided however, I am still not convinced! Some Prime members reading this thread might find it hard to believe that I am a person of reasonable intelligence because of my opinion on the moon landing or lack there of. Either way, let me am very clear on your accusation comparing this opinion to me saying a plane never hit the Pentagon. That is absurd!! I'm offended by that stement and would appreciate a retraction. The two have nothing to do with each other than the word conspiracy!

I know some VERY bright people who believe (selectively) in conspiracies. I wouldn't be surprised if belief in conspiracies is positively, not negatively, correlated with intelligence. I have no idea why this would be the case; it's just anecdotal information. Personally, I have no problem with anybody believing anything as long as it doesn't lead them to fly airplanes into buildings.

My personal metric for a conspiracy theory is how many people have to be in on the secret. If that number gets beyond 3, I tend to reject the theory.

myf16 said:
I know some VERY bright people who believe (selectively) in conspiracies. I wouldn't be surprised if belief in conspiracies is positively, not negatively, correlated with intelligence. I have no idea why this would be the case; it's just anecdotal information. Personally, I have no problem with anybody believing anything as long as it doesn't lead them to fly airplanes into buildings.My personal metric for a conspiracy theory is how many people have to be in on the secret. If that number gets beyond 3, I tend to reject the theory.

What’s next? Are you going to disprove the fact that in 1946 an entire city in Nevada “population 5820” was abducted by aliens with the governments knowledge, there were more than 3 people who were privy to that information and that it is one of the best keep secrets of all time

KIDDING! :D Just a silly attempt to make light of this thread :D

Back