• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

log-out function

When the "log out" button is clicked, a new page appears informing the user that cookies have been cleared. However, when the "go to last page viewed" or the back button is clicked, the user is still logged in. This happens as well if the browser is closed and a new browser is used. This occurs on XP using IE 6.0 and Mozilla Firefox as well as Macintosh using Safari and IE browsers.

cheers,
-- Chris

I tried this out and my results are different from yours. When I click "log out" and then "go to last page viewed", it does not show me as logged in (no username displayed), and I have to log in to post a reply. When I click "log out" and then the back button, it shows me as logged in because it's displaying the cached version of the web page, but if I simply refresh that page, it does not show me as logged in.

I am using IE 6.0 under Windows 98 on one PC and under Windows XP on another, and the logout function works on both.

Maybe Lud already fixed the logout function, but it's working fine (just as Ken described) here as well. Windows XP SP2, IE 6.

I have not experienced this problem, but I think it's possible that the cookies were originally created by the old forum software and are not in the exact format the latest version expects. This appears to be the cause of a few other login/out anomolies.

You can manually clear your cookies for this site by following this procedure. Once you do this, try logging-in, then logging-out and see if the problem goes away.

Ojas said:
I have not experienced this problem, but I think it's possible that the cookies were originally created by the old forum software and are not in the exact format the latest version expects.
That's quite possible (and good advice, Ojas). At one point since the conversion, I was having trouble logging out, and I deleted the NSXprime cookies manually. Try it...

Back