• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there a way to get the antenna to go down when listening to a cd?

I know this is a petty question, but that antenna looks so huge when it is up. Is there a way to get it to go down when you listen to a cd? Better yet, is there a smaller antenna that doesn't look so crazy.
Tia
smile.gif

Aaron

Originally posted by AaronR:
I know this is a petty question, but that antenna looks so huge when it is up. Is there a way to get it to go down when you listen to a cd? Better yet, is there a smaller antenna that doesn't look so crazy.
Tia
smile.gif

Aaron
Get the Smartenna from Dali Racing(daliracing.com). It works perfectly for me ('94), and the install is very simple. No wire cutting, either. I believe it's around $60. Hope that helps. -Thomas

Yes, the Smartenna will lower the antenna while listening to a CD. It is $49.95 from Dali Racing. However, it still stays up while listening to a tape. I had the Smartenna in my last NSX and it seemed to be the right thing to do...... But, now, on my current NSX, I have just disconnected it altogether..... Always down while listening to tape or CD and the stereo comes in perfectly due to the antenna that is in the rear hatch glass of all NSXs.

For about 5 bucks, I spliced a toggle switch into the antenna ground wire. The toggle switch mounts easily into the trunk liner near the antenna. It's only been switched on once since I installed my 12 disc cd player.

Back