• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wheel spacers?

I'm sorry, but I haven't heard back from the guy with the adapters. Guess he was not interested in selling to us.

apapada said:
I'm sorry, but I haven't heard back from the guy with the adapters. Guess he was not interested in selling to us.

Any idea what brand it was? Or was it custom made?

Chris

ChrisK said:
Any idea what brand it was? Or was it custom made?

Chris

Box they came in had a bunch of japanese characters on it. Couldn't read them :biggrin: Definetly not custom made. Next time I take my rear wheels off, I'll check for brandname on them if available and let you know.

If we can't get the original producer of these spacers to make them available to us, how many of you out there would be interested in these spacers if they became available? I may have a shop which could produce these for us but I need to know if it's worth his time. Thanks.

Al Terpak

Just an update gentlemen. I don't think a spacer any smaller in thickness than 15mm and having built in studs is feasable. You need enough material for the studs to hold and take the stress they are going to face during normal driving and possible tracking. We'll look into it but can't gaurantee it will work under 15mm. I do know that 15mm using the OEM 16" wheels works out great even on a lowered vehicle. Of course with different rims, you may have different outcomes.

ATERPAK said:
If we can't get the original producer of these spacers to make them available to us, how many of you out there would be interested in these spacers if they became available? I may have a shop which could produce these for us but I need to know if it's worth his time. Thanks.

Al Terpak

where would you get the originals to make the copies out of ? I'm currently using my set... :confused:

Let's just say we have a good model to work from. I mean H&R make a great 15mm spacer already and it would take only minor mods to it to make it work just like yours. Tha'ts not how we're going to do it but first we need to know what the demand will be.

ATERPAK said:
Just an update gentlemen. I don't think a spacer any smaller in thickness than 15mm and having built in studs is feasable. You need enough material for the studs to hold and take the stress they are going to face during normal driving and possible tracking. We'll look into it but can't gaurantee it will work under 15mm. I do know that 15mm using the OEM 16" wheels works out great even on a lowered vehicle. Of course with different rims, you may have different outcomes.

Here's a set in 10mm. I too wonder if they will work. I contacted this company today and these are back ordered.

Ed

Well for one thing, the hub centric part should not be an option but actually machined as part of the hub. The other is how the flare for the lug nuts on this hub reach all the way down to the end of the spacers' thickness. This sharp edge will create a stress riser on the material and that could lead to fatigue cracks or failure. Also if the lug nuts don't seat and torque down before the end of this taper, they could bottom out against the hub before the spacer is secured completely, leaving it slightly loose. Not a good thing for a spacer.

I've had personal experience from spacers that weren't machine correctly from FISKE Wheels and almost lost both rear wheels on the NSX. It's either done correctly, like H&R does, or not at all.

ATERPAK said:

Al Terpak

I'd be interested in a set of 15mm rears.

Just to let you guys know that I'm working on creating a prototype set of these very soon. After testing we'll let you know our results and pricing.

ATERPAK said:
Just to let you guys know that I'm working on creating a prototype set of these very soon. After testing we'll let you know our results and pricing.

What's the status?

Ed

I am working with Al to make up these 15mm spacers. I have some material on order to make the first trial sets. Just to make sure there are no problems. Will let you know more next week.

apapada said:
These are the ones I currently have on the rear: 15mm with studs. Best flexibility around. Very satisfied.

:eek::eek::eek:That's exactly what I need!

Who makes them, where did you get them, how long did it take to get them, and is it DIY?!?

Onsoku said:
:eek::eek::eek:That's exactly what I need!

Who makes them, where did you get them, how long did it take to get them, and is it DIY?!?

I got 'em from a friend who used to own a local speed shop. The person who was selling these never contact us again after my repeated tries to get a hold of him... They are plug and play.

Back