• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wheel spacers?

ok, newbie here i just lowered my nsx with h&r springs. i got stock wheels on( 16in front,17in back). tires are 225,45,16 in front and 255,40,17 in the back i wanna get wheel spacers what mm should i get? :confused:

You don't need wheel spacers but if you want a different look, you can get 25mm H&R wheel spacers so the wheels are flush with the fender. Here are some pics I had with my old wheels on my car (now for sale with the wheels)

CLICK HERE for more pictures of the wheels on the car.

The 25mm H & R spacers are probably the best bet if you are looking for a visual impact that will place your rims closer to the fender lines. Anything else (5mm or 15mm) will compromise the available thread length for the lugs unless you replace the studs - the rears are not a trivial replacement, even if the fronts are easily swapped!

The 25mm H & R adapters have three good things going for them:
  • They are "Bolt-on" with "new" offset studs of apprpriate length
  • They will yield apprpriate lug/stud length to ensure secure lug torque.
  • they are hubcentric

The comments above re the 25 mm are all correct and reflect the pros. For looks, the 25 mm is the ideal size for OEM wheels. The one con is your wheels will get more exposed to road hazards (nicks and chips) and you will throw more dirt from your tires on the side fenders.

This is a picture using only 15 mm H&R spacers after attending a rainy track event at Infineon Raceway :biggrin:

Last edited:
It was very hard for my mechanic to change the studs at the rear...
is it much easier in the front? Do you guys know if I can do it myself easily?
Thanks

So would you say having spacers is a safe option for track use? How long have you had them fitted?

Thanks,

-Rob

I have 22 mm spacers at my car since late '98 - since 1999 it's a track only car with a lot of track miles. No problems with the spacers 'til now - although you should control the tightness of the studs from time to time.

Another issue: Use less torque for fixing the wheels than you do without spacers (different material) - 100 Nm are just enough in my case.

Just for the mix, I am still waiting for a set of 25mm rear spacers and 20mm front spacers. In my eye, the 25mm in front push the wheels out too far. For me the 20mm front is perfect.

Another member in the East Bay is replacing his stock wheels with new wheels that will eliminate the need for spacers and I am hoping to buy his spacers from him....(hope he reads this and remembers).

Once I can get around to buying wheels and tires, hopefully next year, maybe spring, then I will get the appropriate offset to solve the spacer issue for good.

So, take a look at a car with 25/25 and see what you trhink about the fronts.

Good luck.
Michael

NSXER119 said:
is it much easier in the front? Do you guys know if I can do it myself easily?
Thanks
Yes - fronts are very easy to replace - especially if you follow the excellent procedure from Dan's Garage

NSXER119 said:
is it much easier in the front?
I guess you didn't notice the post above yours, that said:

D'Ecosse said:
the rears are not a trivial replacement, even if the fronts are easily swapped!
:D

Cairo94507 said:
Another member in the East Bay is replacing his stock wheels with new wheels that will eliminate the need for spacers and I am hoping to buy his spacers from him....(hope he reads this and remembers).

Michael

Michael,
I didn't forget about the spacers for you. I haven't picked up my new wheels yet, so I'm still using the spacers. I'm still holding the spacers for you. See my PM.

I have just had a set of spacers made up for my '93 so I can run the OEM rims with track tyres...

25mm Front
35mm Rear

Now the OEM wheels look like they were made for the car! :smile:

Nalesh is the man! I will patiently wait for the spacers- how cool is he for letting me know they will be available and agreeing to sell them to me. Thanks again. Michael

These are the ones I currently have on the rear: 15mm with studs. Best flexibility around. Very satisfied.

Attachments

• spacer15mm.jpe
    spacer15mm.jpe
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,033
juejaimon said:
does anyone where i can get these spacers?
Yes, where did you get the 15mm with its own studs? I'm using the 25mm so I know I can get that one anytime, but I've never seen the 15mm ones. I might need those for another car.

juejaimon said:
does anyone where i can get these spacers?
ChrisK said:
Yes, where did you get the 15mm with its own studs? I'm using the 25mm so I know I can get that one anytime, but I've never seen the 15mm ones. I might need those for another car.

I got them through a friend who used to own a local speed shop. I've been very pleased with them and have been using them with the Blitz wheels and even the OE wheels. I met the guy who imports them, so I could probably contact him and find out price/availability if y'all interested in a set.
lmk

apapada said:
I got them through a friend who used to own a local speed shop. I've been very pleased with them and have been using them with the Blitz wheels and even the OE wheels. I met the guy who imports them, so I could probably contact him and find out price/availability if y'all interested in a set.
lmk

Yes... I need a set. Please let me know.

apapada said:
lmk

Yes, very interested in a set. In fact, I think I might need a set in NSX application. Thanks.

Chris

apapada,

Are you using the 15mm on the rear only? Please ask your friend if he has 15mm spacers with studs for the front also (70mm bore vs. the rear 64mm bore). I'd be interested in a set also.

Mike

pvmike said:
apapada,

Are you using the 15mm on the rear only? Please ask your friend if he has 15mm spacers with studs for the front also (70mm bore vs. the rear 64mm bore). I'd be interested in a set also.

Mike

Yes, what he said. I mostly need it for the front but will take both front and rear. Definately need the 70mm front bore though. Thanks.

Chris

I'm using these for the rear only. I already tryied to contact him once but did not get an answer back yet. When he does contact me I will also ask him about the front ones.

Back