• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in 'Pulp Fiction'...how could I find who owns it??

I was watching the movie 'Pulp Fiction' and wondering if it would be possible to track down the exact NSX that was in the movie?? Would anyone know where to even begin, or if this is possible?? Thank you for any assistance. Have a great night!! :smile:

I often find this site has a lot of back ground info to some films,

http://www.imdb.com/

And I think there are some agencies who rent cars to film makers for their films. So, you could search those. I think looking at the credits section of the film might reveal something.

I also heard that an NSX was used in a Seinfeld episode?? Anyone familiar with episode? By the way, i also would like to know who owns the Pulp Fiction NSX as well...

John,

I simply loved that clip so much I bumped to just it was easily accessable to show my friends!!

Dave Hardy said:
This site covers the hunt for the Camaro that was used in the John Cussac movie "Better Off Dead". Tells how he tracked it down, bought it, and restored it. Decent read and maybe it will have a tip that get's you started in the right direction.

http://www.betteroffdeadcamaro.com/

Wow!! Cool..that was a great movie, and a cool Camaro. I will have to watch the credits for Pulp Fiction and see what I can find.

Wondering if the original poster has had any luck finding the Wolf car? There was a post on Reddit in 2017 from someone trying to verify a NSX as the one from Pulp Fiction, but it drew no conclusion after 13 comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/e7lw6n/looking_for_info_on_the_acura_nsx_that_was_in/

Also there is this thread about the license plate

https://www.imcdb.org/v003780.html

I just recently learned that the movie car was a 1992.
Also found out there were only 103 NSXs in 1992 in silver/black imported into the USA (I have not been able to find how many were sold in California, guessing less than half).
In viewing the 2 short clips from the movie it is hard to see if the roof is black or silver, but I just recently found a top view of the NSX used in Pulp Fiction that not only showed the roof was painted silver, but that the color silver was a lighter shade than the original silver in 1992 indicating they probably repainted the entire car. (Note: The original was more of a "grey" silver, and the movie car is more of a "white" silver).

I have an interest in this thread because the person who sold me my 1992 silver/black NSX in LA over 10 years ago said that it was the car used in Pulp Fiction. I never thought much about it, but he had WN WOLF license plate on it at the time, so I guess he believed it. I never thought much about it because I thought they used a 1991 in the movie. My car not only has the roof painted, but the entire car was repainted over the original and I recently had a little spot come off, revealing the darker original silver underneath. So maybe it needs more investigation after all.

As an aside, I have read some posts on line that suggest Robert Redford used to own a 1998 Black/tan NSX-T. Only 5 of those were imported into the USA (and 1 automatic). One in 5 chance on that one I guess, ha.

Paul Hamer
1992 silver/black
1998-T Black/tan

Attachments

• NSX & quickee 300 008.jpg
    NSX & quickee 300 008.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 655
  • NSX Pulp Fiction.jpg
    NSX Pulp Fiction.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 748
hmmm......the original sebring color of the early coupes is a bright/almost white silver...the darker silvers...Silverstone and Kaiser came later...

Holy thread bump!!! That's a cool story 21acres, and your car is sublime! If you're able to find any more info, please keep us posted. What kind of exhaust and/or tips do you have BTW?

A little confusing: The NSX in your picture above has a targa roof, and you're saying it's a 1992 model which doesn't quite make sense. Pulp Fiction was also filmed well before the release of the targa NSX in 1995.

Is your targa roof somehow custom, or is that a picture of a different car (not your '92)?

Should be some evidence of a phone install.

Might also have evidence of an aftermarket alarm (Clifford?) install from the movie sound effects. I'm not sure they would be added in post production.

Back