• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have 95 NSX that came with 18" Enkei Aegis. How much?

I'm just wondering how much this guy paid for the wheels new. Not sure of width, but 18" on all 4.

Also, it has 215/35/18 on the front, what is the next step wider? The tires he as on it seem a little narrow for the wheel...

Enkei Aegis rim specifications are here. I can't remember how much I payed for them...sorry :( Might want to call Ben at Wheels Boutique for the latest prices.

I previously had 18x8.5 (f) w/215-35 and 19x9.5 (r) w/265-30 and the front rim was too small for the tire. I am presently running J-line rims. I still have the Enkei wheels. Here is a pic of them on my car before I did the widebody with a 25mm spacer in the rear.

DSC02396.JPG

Last edited:
1TITENSX said:
Enkei Aegis rim specifications are here. I can't remember how much I payed for them...sorry :( Might want to call Ben at Wheels Boutique for the latest prices.

I previously had 18x8.5 (f) w/215-35 and 19x9.5 (r) w/265-30 and the front rim was too small for the tire. I am presently running J-line rims. I still have the Enkei wheels. Here is a pic of them on my car before I did the widebody with a 25mm spacer in the rear.

DSC02396.JPG

Looks great! Do you have any more pics?

kickascii said:
Looks like you lowered it a little. What method and did you do it yourself?

I have ground control coilovers and I installed them on the car myself :cool:

kickascii said:
the reason i ask is that m was thinkinabout Eibach springs. is it REALLY necc to alos do struts/shocks or ok to just change springs?

Here is my take on lowering cars, if you know you are going to ever want to raise or lower the car because of possibly going through different rim setups, tired of scraping in the front and guaranteed ride height satisfaction (where you exactly want it), then I recommend coilovers.

Eibachs on stock shocks will be cheaper but in my opinion a lot more work to put on the car. If you do a search on PRIME, you will find some old discussions on this.

Here is my take on lowering cars, if you know you are going to ever want to raise or lower the car because of possibly going through different rim setups, tired of scraping in the front and guaranteed ride height satisfaction (where you exactly want it), then I recommend coilovers.

nuff said. I think ill just leave it alone until i get some money scraped up to put into coiloevers...

kickascii said:
it has 215/35/18 on the front, what is the next step wider? The tires he as on it seem a little narrow for the wheel...
Any wider, and you run a good chance of rubbing on the wheel well liners. Even with the next step wider (225/35-18), some owners have reported rubbing, although some others have not.

The NSX was designed with a rather narrow front wheel well, so that the driver's legs are positioned straight ahead, rather than at an offset angle.

nsxtasy said:
Any wider, and you run a good chance of rubbing on the wheel well liners. Even with the next step wider (225/35-18), some owners have reported rubbing, although some others have not.

The NSX was designed with a rather narrow front wheel well, so that the driver's legs are positioned straight ahead, rather than at an offset angle.

The wheels on the front look too wide for the 215's so that is why i ask. I bought the car with the wheels on it and it looks great but that is the only issue. I'll leave well enough alone... :)

BTW - here is my 85 Capri I have fun with in straight lines. Best ET of 11.25@124MPH (With stock bottom end and 170000 miles)

And a pic of my new NSX.. Finally :)

Attachments

• capri1.jpg
    capri1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 498
  • capri-2.jpg
    capri-2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 492
  • capri - engine1.jpg
    capri - engine1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 501
Sorry, car looks great, I thought the crown and coke I was drinking made the photo blurry....Shoot more and clearer photos and share...P.S I have the exact same wheels except 17 and 18 combo......Brent :cool:

Texas91Brent said:
Sorry, car looks great, I thought the crown and coke I was drinking made the photo blurry....Shoot more and clearer photos and share...P.S I have the exact same wheels except 17 and 18 combo......Brent :cool:

I'll get more pictures when the road clear up a bit. I'm in WV and snow is still melting. Yuk!

Yeah, pics were blurry. It's not you. :)

P.S. My car came with same Enkie rims, but it appears they retail in the 600-700.00 each depending on size and hyper silver or chrome finish....Brent

Texas91Brent said:
P.S. My car came with same Enkie rims, but it appears they retail in the 600-700.00 each depending on size and hyper silver or chrome finish....Brent

Wow, i had no idea they were worth that much. Are the outside of the rims suposed to be polished aluminum? I started to polish the lip and it looks better...

i have the Aegis 18" all around in Chrome finish. works fine, had them for almost a year now, i love the classic look. i'm thinking about lowering a bit 'cuz the front is too high with 18s and stock spring and shocks. may i ask what coil over do you recomment? i'm thinking about the Tein RAs but worries about the ride qualty since i drive my NSX daily.

btw, Ageis are pretty expensive wheels, not to mention the tires too! how much did u paid for your NSX if you don't mind me asking.

shane

I always liked these rims. My brother had them in 19' s on his 1999 Audi A4. Very Hot

kickascii said:
Wow, i had no idea they were worth that much. Are the outside of the rims suposed to be polished aluminum? I started to polish the lip and it looks better...

The lip should be clear coated, be careful when polishing. Brent :cool:

Back