• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Vtec DOHC 3.2L V6 Engine & Trans Police Auctions

Toronto police auction has a Honda Vtec DOHC 3.2L V6 Engine & Trans or is it?

img753539.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4536058441&ssPageName=ADME:X:ON:US:2

DESCRIPTION

Honda Vtec DOHC 3.2L V6 Engine & Trans 1454M

- Honda Vtec DOHC 3.2L V6 Engine & Transmission assembly
- and assorted parts that appear to have been pull from an Acura NSX

- master cyclinder
- struts
- left and right front end assemblies
- exhaust - (catalytic and resonator?)
- assorted electronic components bearing the following labels
- NEC 39900-SLO-023
- Mistsuba Auto Cruise Control Unit 36700-SLO-A01
- Control Unit Dr Lock 39380-SLO-A020-M2 Honda Lock Mfg Co Ltd
- Unit Assy, Security 39880-SLO-A010-M1
- Matsushita Communications Industrial Co Ltd 37820-PR7-A06, CY-EH0342A
- NEC 39790-SLO-003, SL-001

This engine is from the auto squad and the engine kilometers are unknown.
To make sure that this item is right for you please feel free to come and have a look at it.
Item is sold in "as is" condition.

Condition: None of the components have been tested, the motor has a split in the oil pan but the crankshaft does turn (with a big wrench) by hand so it is not seized, one of the bolt holes on the transmission case is damaged where the transmission mount is but the case still appears to be intact.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth...

I think this might be 3.0L with auto transmission, not 3.2L (with 6-speed). There was a post on Honda-Tech where a member wanted to know the going price of 3.2L, transmission, and accessories. The list of parts was very similar to the ones in this auction.

The guy who start the thread said he found out it was a 3.0L with automatic transmission.

Re: For what it’s worth...

Ojas said:
I think this might be 3.0L with auto transmission, not 3.2L (with 6-speed). There was a post on Honda-Tech where a member wanted to know the going price of 3.2L, transmission, and accessories. The list of parts was very similar to the ones in this auction.

The guy who start the thread said he found out it was a 3.0L with automatic transmission.

I saw that post and was keeping quite because I was bidding on it, then I found out that it was a 3.0 and I stoped. I didn't know it was an auto.

If you want to know this engine you need to call up the PD and ask them how it showed up in property. They should have the original VIN on the recovery report.

Mostly likely scenarios:
A. This was the result of knocking over a chop shop. Which means they steal nice cars and strip them for parts....in this case: engine is probably good.

B. This is the result of finding a stolen engine inside of an otherwise "legitmate car". Example: shady shop puts the word out to a thief that they need an engine, the shopping list is made, the items stolen and the shop charges the customer for legimate used parts. Car is eventually tracked down by police and engine pulled. In this case: engine might be good.

C. They conduct an extensive search on known knucklehead. They deteremine the car he is driving has a stolen engine and other parts. Police impound car, pull parts and file charges. Probably not good.

You will need recovery papers so that #B is not done to you.

Stuff recovered directly from chop chops is usually good.
Anything else: I don't really trust.

Drew

Last edited:
drew said:
If you want to know this engine you need to call up the PD and ask them how it showed up in property. They should have the original VIN on the recovery report.

Mostly likely scenarios:
A. This was the result of knocking over a chop shop. Which means they steal nice cars and strip them for parts....in this case: engine is probably good.

B. This is the result of finding a stolen engine inside of an otherwise "legitmate car". Example: shady shop puts the word out to a thief that they need an engine, the shopping list is made, the items stolen and the shop charges the customer for legimate used parts. Car is eventually tracked down by police and engine pulled. In this case: engine might be good.

C. They conduct an extensive search on known knucklehead. They deteremine the car he is driving has a stolen engine and other parts. Police impound car, pull parts and file charges. Probably not good.

You will need recovery papers so that #B is not done to you.

Stuff recovered directly from chop chops is usually good.
Anything else: I don't really trust.

Drew

Wow, talk about extensive knowledge on police auctions and chop shops ! Very useful information !

Re: For what it’s worth...

prova4re said:
I saw that post and was keeping quite because I was bidding on it, then I found out that it was a 3.0 and I stoped. I didn't know it was an auto.

I was looking at this as well. It looks like it might be a 3.0 from the pictures I can't tell if its Auto or Manual? The oil pan has a split, but it might be because its sitting on the floor etc. I was thinking of calling down and see if they can tell me anymore about it? I see you live in Windsor? I live about 1hr away from the T-Dot.

Thanks,
Rich

Didn't the 3.2L have red valve covers? If so, then this one is definitely a 3.0L.

Honda Vtec DOHC 3.2L V6 Engine unknown miles split in oil pan not running= 1500
Auto Transmission = worthless

- master cyclinder 150
- struts 50
- left and right front end assemblies 200
- exhaust - (catalytic and resonator?) 150
- assorted electronic components bearing the following labels
- NEC 39900-SLO-023
- Mistsuba Auto Cruise Control Unit 36700-SLO-A01 50
- Control Unit Dr Lock 39380-SLO-A020-M2 Honda Lock Mfg Co Ltd 50
- Unit Assy, Security 39880-SLO-A010-M1 50
- Matsushita Communications Industrial Co Ltd 37820-PR7-A06, CY-EH0342A 50
- NEC 39790-SLO-003, SL-001 50

I am thinking these parts might be worth close to 2 gand tops.
What do you think?

Looks like it sold on eBay for $3,435.00 CND! Is the new owner on NSXPrime? If so congrats! Let is know if the motor is still good? :smile:

Back