• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Serious install issue with WeaponR intake

The guys at Weapon-R hooked me up with the info for my problems. See this thread for all the details.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=437228#post437228

So I decided to install the new weaponR intake and I'm having some serious issues. First - no instructions. I figured that implied simple plug and play - not so. Please check out the original thread with the install pic.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47862

The issue is not with the Dashpot tube its with the other tube that is connected to the intake - I haven't checked out what that tube is for yet. Its metal, and is mounted along with another coolant tube underneath it.

On the stock intake the rubber connector attached to this tube. The weapon R has this tube fitting, but there is no way in either direction that it was meant to fit. They sent me 2 pieces of rubber hose (about 2 ft each). The larger gauge is clearly meant to fit on the larger intake tube. I'm pretty lost since it looks like their install pic doesn't even have those tubes/pipes that are causing me trouble.

What are my options!?
Thx.

Attachments

• weaponRintakeInstall.JPG
    weaponRintakeInstall.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
So - I sent an email to the guys at Weapon R and they replied very quickly apologizing for the poor instructions and giving me a heads up they would supply me with full instructions tomorrow. Looks like it requires removal of the hard coolant lines and using the silicon hoses they include. Anyone have any idea if replacing the hard coolant lines is an issue?

it's common to do so...

as a matter of fact, if you want to clean up the 'look' after you put the intake in, you change the valve cover purge and then replace the two hard line bit w/ another line and it just looks better.. have done it on many cars.. just a thing...
don't stress it.

x

When replacing these two lines I know there is coolant in the lower line - do I have to bleed the whole system? I started undoing one of the hose clamps and coolant started coming out - I don't want to dump all my coolant on the inside of my engine bay.

My car was supposed to go back to Weapon*R so they could make detailed instructions, but the week after I got my intake I went drag racing at Infineon raceway. After that I've had some tranny or clutch problem and my car has been at my tuners shop hanging out there ever since.

My tuner is currently at the D1 Japan until next week so I can't even get to my car. Once he comes back from Japan WR is going to come over there and take full pics and do instructions. I'll say sorry about that on their behalf. Expect full instructions with pictures after the 23rd.

SaberX said:
Hey Saber,
From your pic, you have the pipe (intake) in backwards. Flip it around so the the big tube is closer to the big rigid pipe that goes towards the rear engine bank. You will need to cut that big rigid pipe that goes towards the rear engine bay to fit one of rubber hoses supplied. The smaller intake point is for your dashdot valve. That is the vavle sitting on top of the throttle body. YOu will need your check valve from the factory vacuum line. Simple HTH

Charles

I just installed this intake. After reading about cutting, removing and replacing the metal hoses i decided to just use the OEM intake boot. It made the installation very easy as nothing had to be modified since the OEM boot has the connections for the metal hoses. Just bolt on, or would it be band on :smile: .

Cheers
Mike

8e287df2.jpg

I tried the new intake out today. All i can say is WOW, this sounds very cool. I was able to sort of connect the end of the filter to the AIS so that may help the sound a little.

Before i had the AIS and UNI in the stock airbox and it was louder then stock, sounded pretty good. There was a noticeable sound like air spraying at certain rpms. Sort of sounded like a blow off valve just not as loud.

Now this baby is cool :biggrin: . I didn't know if i would be able to hear it very good with the VERY loud exhaust that i have but this thing screams like a banshee. The sound is a lot lower pitched and louder then with the UNI in the stock airbox. Also i didn't notice the air sound.

Oh the things that make us feel young again :smile: .

btw you have alunium tube backwards. :wink:

wow its a 3 year old thread, probably have this problem licked.

I just installed this intake. After reading about cutting, removing and replacing the metal hoses i decided to just use the OEM intake boot. It made the installation very easy as nothing had to be modified since the OEM boot has the connections for the metal hoses. Just bolt on, or would it be band on :smile: .

Cheers
Mike

When I looked at the first pic, that is what I thought:), just use the orginal bellows and all will fit. You just will need to plug the large side tube.

Regards,
LarryB

btw you have alunium tube backwards. :wink:

wow its a 3 year old thread, probably have this problem licked.

The tube isn't backward its upside down. I did this to better line up the AIS to the filter. Nope its still made the same so it still has the same problem. But it's not a problem anymore :wink: .

When I looked at the first pic, that is what I thought:), just use the orginal bellows and all will fit. You just will need to plug the large side tube.

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Larry,
Worked great. Both tubes are capped in the pic. I used black caps so they are hard to see.

Back